Nurburgring Nordschleife Comes to Forza Motorsport in February

• Thread starter Famine
  • 102 comments
There is no defending it, their is no reason it could not be permant, this is to push gamepass for sure

I can’t ever get behind this think about it the game will never be complete no matter if you buy the game in 2 years it wont make a difference, and if you are not playing regulary you will miss out on plenty of single player content, fomo for single player needs to stop, it feels like single player in racing games is just dying, its not what it use to be and of course this goes for multiply titles,
I had to take a controller with me on vacation to play Forza horizon 5 streaming on my phone to get the weekly festival playlist cars. It’s hard to jump off the FOMO train.

It’s totally done to hook people for gamepass retention.

Last edited:
I'm glad I don't have to win a game of roulette just to be able to swap the engine in my car. That'd be worse than missing out on vehicles for me.
Do you play GT? Anyone who remotely agrees with the FM career Fomo choices or justifies it is completely out of touch! This game would be so big if they just left the events it makes no sense at all…

Do you play GT? Anyone who remotely agrees with the FM career Fomo choices or justifies it is completely out of touch! This game would be so big if they just left the events it makes no sense at all…
I stopped playing GT because of the roulette. That doesn't justify the FOMO in Forza but at least I can swap the drivetrain and engine in the cars I have without relying on random chance.

I stopped playing GT because of the roulette. That doesn't justify the FOMO in Forza but at least I can swap the drivetrain and engine in the cars I have without relying on random chance.
Again Did you play GT7 you can Swap any motor once you reach level 50. The roulette actually saves you money because you can get motors worth millions for free.

In FM I have to get each car to level 40 or something like that to do motor swaps… I don’t know if they updated and made it lower… but the way I play the game it takes too long to get the cars to their full level, and unlock everything. That is the annoying part. I have a group of ten I normally race with.. we play both FM and GT and everyone was instantly put off with the leveling each car… it takes to much time especially when your use to the old FM games where you can just upgrade the car instantly.

Last edited:
Again Did you play GT7 you can Swap any motor once you reach level 50. The roulette actually saves you money because you can get motors worth millions for free.

In FM I have to get each car to level 40 or something like that to do motor swaps… I don’t know if they updated and made it lower… but the way I play the game it takes too long to get the cars to their full level, and unlock everything. That is the annoying part . I have a group of ten I normally race with.. we play both FM and GT and everyone was instantly put off with the leveling each car… it takes to much time especially when your use to the old FM games where you can just upgrade the car instantly.
I didn't play the other game long enough to get to level 50 or make millions of credits to buy engine swaps. I'm sure it's a lot better for you but there's nothing really to make me go back to it. Let's see what happens with Forza once they rebalance the game.

The cynic in me says they finished track a while ago.

Possibly even before the game was originally released and they were deliberately holding it back to save content for people who keep subscribed to Gamepass.

I think they're possibly bringing it out earlier than they wanted to as well. Just to try and keep the little hype in the game going.

Possibly even before the game was originally released and they were deliberately holding it back to save content for people who keep subscribed to Gamepass.

I think they're possibly bringing it out earlier than they wanted to as well. Just to try and keep the little hype in the game going.
I find it difficult to believe that they sat on a completed version of the Nordschleife at launch just to hook people in months down the line. Why would they want to miss out on all that initial hype unless they planned for the game to do badly at launch so the track would revive interest later?

That doesn't strike me so much as cynical but more like paranoia to me. It sounds to me like saying the only reason they didn't release a perfect game at launch was gamepass. Tracks take time to complete and one as long as this sounds like it'd take even longer. I don't see why they'd spend so much time making the game easy to update if all its content was completed before launch.

Last edited:

That`s basicly how games are made, everything is ready way before launch. That`s also why I find car-wishlists a bit optimistic.

The fact that they released a driving game without the Nord says enough for me already. Im sure its a great game controller title. Dont get me wrong, im getting old now, and I too miss 2005. Trust me.
Do you have that same opinion for ACC then? Since the Nordschleife only got added now, after nearly 6 years of the game's launch

That`s basicly how games are made, everything is ready way before launch. That`s also why I find car-wishlists a bit optimistic.
So official car request threads are pure fantasy and Santa's elves have magically created a model of every car and track ever made and is likely to be made in the future? :lol:

Last edited:
I don't think everything is ready at game launch, if the developer has a business plan in place for the future.

Having said that, I don't believe it's outside of the realms of possibility that the Nordschleife was released a little early based on relatively poor reception to the game.

Me... I struggle to care, since we got the track 'early'.

I'm probably one of the easiest kinds of customer tbh.

Last edited:
I can’t ever get behind this think about it the game will never be complete no matter if you buy the game in 2 years it wont make a difference, and if you are not playing regulary you will miss out on plenty of single player content, fomo for single player needs to stop, it feels like single player in racing games is just dying, its not what it use to be and of course this goes for multiply titles
What I don't understand is how they don't learn from the success of other games. There are games with zero functional item FOMO that peak at hundreds of thousands of concurrent players each day. Valve made approx $1bn from Counter-Strike cosmetics in the last year, that's a game where all players have functional equality from the start.

So official car request threads are pure fantasy and Santa's elves have magically created a model of every car and track ever made and is likely to be made in the future? :lol:

Almost. Everything is planned, every add-on included but turn10 can (as we know) cheat a bit if they want and "recreate" cars from earlier games.

I can already spot the same old wrong sized curbs from that screenshot lol.
So are you saying they didn’t redo the track? I figured they redid the whole track that’s why it took some time to come out. I’m still happy it’s coming early though… I’m thinking I can level up a bit easier on the ring because it’s a great track.

Had to revisit FM7 just to re-learn the Nordschleife with Forza's physics, using a stock Bugatti Chiron, and did a 6:58.537 lap time.

Then I did Maple Valley in both games using the same car to see the difference between the physics, where I did 1:41.096 in FM7, and 1:38.029 in FM8. It turns out that I'm roughly 3.067 seconds faster in FM8 and that the handling felt a whole lot better thanks to the new tire and weight model.

Will this mean a major difference in the lap time once the Nordschleife is finally in the game?

Last edited:
I find it difficult to believe that they sat on a completed version of the Nordschleife at launch just to hook people in months down the line. Why would they want to miss out on all that initial hype unless they planned for the game to do badly at launch so the track would revive interest later?

That doesn't strike me so much as cynical but more like paranoia to me. It sounds to me like saying the only reason they didn't release a perfect game at launch was gamepass. Tracks take time to complete and one as long as this sounds like it'd take even longer. I don't see why they'd spend so much time making the game easy to update if all its content was completed before launch.
You have to remember what the philosophy of Xbox is. It generally isn't about traditional consoles and selling finished games.

It's about allowing people to play games in as many ways possible i.e through streaming and the absolute centrepiece of their strategy is Gamepass and keeping people subscribed to it.

The majority of Forza Motorsport players are likely playing it through Gamepass and the best way to keep people subscribed is to drip feed content over a long period of time. That's why this Forza title had such a low amount of content at launch despite it being in development for over 5 years.

So are you saying they didn’t redo the track? I figured they redid the whole track that’s why it took some time to come out. I’m still happy it’s coming early though… I’m thinking I can level up a bit easier on the ring because it’s a great track.
People who don't know what they're talking about like to think they're great detectives who can look at an image and declare the devs haven't remade the track. You know, race tracks, which don't tend to change very much. They look similar, so it must be a copy/paste.

They obviously replace the tree models and add trackside decorations, but not the track itself. Even with laserscanning they overlook and incorrectly model certain things.

I don't think everything is ready at game launch, if the developer has a business plan in place for the future.

Having said that, I don't believe it's outside of the realms of possibility that the Nordschleife was released a little early based on relatively poor reception to the game.

Me... I struggle to care, since we got the track 'early'.

I'm probably one of the easiest kinds of customer tbh.

It's entirely possible that at launch there was a playable version of the Nordschleife, but maybe not a bug free version. Given it's importance, I don't think they would have held it off unless it truly wasn't ready, if the content team has finished it earlier than scheduled, and they have the choice of either releasing the Nordschleife or whatever other track was scheduled for release this next update, you would think they would release the Nordschleife every time, especially as there are no "point-to-point" tracks in the game as of yet.

Being selfish I probably would have preferred to see Bathurst this month instead, as others have mentioned it coincides with the 12hr, but Nordschleife is a worthy alternative :)

It's entirely possible that at launch there was a playable version of the Nordschleife, but maybe not a bug free version. Given it's importance, I don't think they would have held it off unless it truly wasn't ready, if the content team has finished it earlier than scheduled, and they have the choice of either releasing the Nordschleife or whatever other track was scheduled for release this next update, you would think they would release the Nordschleife every time, especially as there are no "point-to-point" tracks in the game as of yet.

Being selfish I probably would have preferred to see Bathurst this month instead, as others have mentioned it coincides with the 12hr, but Nordschleife is a worthy alternative :)
There are many stages where a track can be considered playable, even the most basic greybox version with only the road surface present. The track was likely playable 5 years ago. Now being shippable is a whole different story.

There are many stages where a track can be considered playable, even the most basic greybox version with only the road surface present. The track was likely playable 5 years ago. Now being shippable is a whole different story.

Exactly, and given what they have told us about the curbs, I suspect they would have done a lot of testing with wireframe curbs in game to try and ensure the collisions happen as expected, in fact I wonder if the curb problems in FM7 have overall impeded the ability for the dev's to update existing tracks, if the geometry of what we see is not the true story.

They obviously replace the tree models and add trackside decorations, but not the track itself. Even with laserscanning they overlook and incorrectly model certain things.
What do you mean? I'm sure they remade the track from the ground up... literally!

They did. See my post in the main General thread that highlights obvious differences including the rumble strips.

Sim has been a naysayer since before launch. Wouldn't put a pinch of salt's worth into his posts.

They did. See my post in the main General thread that highlights obvious differences including the rumble strips.

Sim has been a naysayer since before launch. Wouldn't put a pinch of salt's worth into his posts.
Easy money, we'll be able to compare to Kunos' latest version of the Ring soon, that's a team that doesn't take shortcuts. I still remember big claims from T10 when the Ring came out for FM5, but it wasn't as accurate as GT5 or AC or iRacing.

Back