Official GTPlanet Member of the Fortnight [Member of the Week]

I don't see why not. You should be interviewed at some point, why not now as there's a gap?

I talk to myself all the time too. We had to start skipping the small talk because it felt forced. But once we get into the heart of the discussion I can't get enough of myself. We're like our own best friend. We always agree and rarely get into arguments. When we do argue the worst part is that I always seem to be wrong.

1. First and foremost, you're officially the Member of the Week so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized amidst the hundreds of thousands of other members here?

Well technically I'm not, but I don't have to tell you that do I? Get a clue.

2. What brought you to GTPlanet and what keeps you coming back?

I honestly don't remember. I remember browsing the website during the GT3 and GT4 days while I was still in school, but I really can't remember what actually brought me here. I do remember my first account though, Renown.

As far as what keeps me coming back that's a bit of longer story: the community, the fact that this is actually a job, daan and his hilarious ways of being one step closer to calling someone a dumbass than myself, Famine for cleverly calling someone a dumbass when necessary, and the genuine laughter some of this brings to my life.

3. There's a lot to do around the forums so I have to ask: what sub-forums/threads do you frequent most often and why?

Even before I volunteered for the shield and cape, I frequented The Infield more than anywhere else and as a result I've gotten to know my fair share of people I wouldn't mind meeting up with for a drink (of juice :P ) whatsoever.

4. What was it that sparked your interest in Gran Turismo?

I was in Junior High and my then best friend rented GT3 from Videomania and I loved it so much that I eventually went out an bought GT2. Why GT2? I didn't have a PS2 at that time, but believe me I don't regret it one bit because as many of us will agree, in symphony, GT2 is arguably the best GT of all time.

...of all time!

5. How did you come up with the name "Terronium-12"?

Is anyone really interested in this? I'm already a nerd enough as is, I don't really fancy making that fact more prevalent than it already is.

I've always dabbled a bit in writing short stories or jotting down a wealth of ideas whenever the mood would strike, so when AOL was still of prime relevance I came up with this idea for a series, "Solstice Centauri" and it was mecha-based and the element of construction was, you guessed it, Terronium-12. The idea never came to so I eventually adopted the name as my own when I made my second account (as I thought my original account had been deleted for inactivity) when I came across the CD I have the files on.

So there you are, I'm a nerd. You wanna fight about it?

6. Controversial question time: Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport or both?

I don't know what either of these things are. Are they ingredients for that Hamburger Helper meal I lost several years ago?

Joking aside, I love both. They both annoy me to the ends of the solar system at times though.

7. Because it's finally occurred to me that the question above doesn't allow enough freedom, do you play any other racing games that you perhaps enjoy more than GT or FM?

Let's see: Project Gotham Racing, DiRT, Blur, Burnout Revenge (and Paradise), GTR 2, rFactor, and pCARS.

That's not all of them mind you but no one wants to read a laundry list of racing games... which is a daft thing to say seeing as where I am at the moment.

8. Can you blend?

Like the times, baby.

9. Mechanical or Membrane keyboard?

Why are you asking me a question you already know the answer to? I swear, you're less in tune with me than I ever thought possible. You're stupid.

And the answer is Mechanical. I own a Gigabyte Aivia GK-Osmium and a Noppo Choc Mid 87.

10. Do you frequent any other forums? Traitor.

I wouldn't say frequent but I can also be found over at SevenForums.com, and yes, it's a community based around Windows 7.

11. If you could live in any video game which game would it be and why?

The world of Hyrule in The Legend of Zelda. Why? The Triforce, man.

And with so many things growing in the grass, crawling on random walls, and popping out from underneath vast bodies of water, I don't think there'd ever be a boring moment. Ever.

12. If you could create your own motorsport series what would it entail?

It would involve riding mowers and mailboxes and I'd call it the Post Mailman Derby.

I won't get into specifics because get your own idea!

13. Tell us something interesting about your hometown.

Is it bad that I can't think of anything? This is why I'm not a tour guide!

14. If you could be any other GTPlanet-user for a day, who would you be?

Jordan. :mischievous:

15. Do you have any hobbies we should be made aware of?

I've been a model builder for close to ten years, if not more than that, I enjoy writing although I haven't done it for a while. In fact the last thing I wrote on my own time was the "All Hail The King" Corvette ZR1 article for May '12 issue of Rev.

16. Are you driving anything special at the moment?

Just my legs and the occasional bus or train ride.

17. What's your favourite video game, currently?

Hm. A difficult one this is.

Racing game? Forza Horizon. Even though it's horrible for a 2012 game.

Action/Adventure? Metal Gear Rising Revengeance and Crysis, even though the latter is an FPS there's just too much going on for me to identify it as such exclusively.

18. What songs have been on repeat for the past few days?

Sevendust - Decay
Santigold - Disparate Youth
Porter Robinson - Language

19. Why did you choose that avatar, and why is it not a monkey? (Don't ask me, I had nothing to do with this. :lol:)

What if I do ask you? You won't do anything about it!

My current avatar of choice is a CELL soldier from Crysis 2, and it has nothing to do with a monkey because... aliens?

20. Games, how do you like them?

a) Pre-Order, I want them on day one.
b) Sealed at first price drop.
c) Used.

I'll only pre-order something if I like the perks associated with said pre-order or I just want the game as soon as possible for whatever inexplicable reason.

Funny enough the only time I ever purchase a game when the price has been lowered is when I've completely forgotten about the game, such as Gears of War 2, Dead Space 3 (that's a real shocker as far as I'm concerned), and eventually Halo 4.

I only ever buy used games when I have no other choice, like when I picked up Shinobi for PS2.

21. With the PS4 coming in the holiday season this year, is it the right time to consider moving up to the next generation?

PC master race, y0!

No, I'm jumping on the One train this year and with any real luck I'll have a PS4 by Christmas, if not then it'll be sometime next year.

22. What is your favourite car, why, and what do you think that it says about you?

Another difficult question! I'm going to go back a few years and name the 996 GT2 because I've always been infatuated with it. It's not my outright favorite car because I honestly don't think I have a single favorite.

As for what it says about me: I do things fast.
:sly:

23. Will you float?

I would hope so!

24. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being likely to go to the nut house, how crazy would you rate yourself?

Given my position this fluctuates on a daily basis. Right now I'd say I'm no more than a 4 but there's no doubt in my mind I'll be closer to 10 before day's end.

25. Who is your favorite race driver and why?

Mark Webber. I often compare him to another one of my favorites, Rubens Barrichello because we all know they're fast and we all know they can be a severe threat on the best of days but their lack of consistency lets them down in the long run. It also doesn't help things that at their best there's German beside them that's faster. :lol:

As for why, Mark is a great personality on the paddock but he kind of let me down this year by not providing the sparks many of us were expecting. Regardless of that I'm gonna miss seeing him on the field next year, but with him moving to Porsche I have incentive to follow more racing events more closely.

26. Where and when was your very first post here and how does it differ from your posting style used today?

My first post was in April of '08:

Prologue is definitely addictive, no matter how angry it made me (due to the collision problem present in GT4 still being a nuisance in Prologue, among other things) I can't seem to put the controller down, at all. I just woke up a few minutes ago and what was the first thing I did?

...You guessed it; I turned on my PS3 and proceeded to play GT5 and now that I've gotten the F2007 it's going to be that much worse. GT always gets the best of my attentiveness, I've actually considered not going to school a few days just to sit at home and race...all day long. Luckily, I didn't do this but PD definitely know what they're doing with this game.

Aside from my now distinctive style there really isn't that much of a difference.

27. How many of your controllers have died because of heavy physical abuse whilst playing a PS3 game?

I think 3. The last one I had slowly went after I mistakenly dropped it into a bowl of milk after I feasted on some Lucky Charms.

28. Have you ever accessed the website during an unusual time and/or place?

I have, but you wouldn't want to know where.

29. What's the longest you've gone without logging onto GTPlanet since joining: Years, months, weeks, days, hours?

I think a few days at most and that was only because I lost internet service.

Actually, that's only true for the account I have now. With my original account I went a couple of months for reasons I can't recall.

30. Who (in your own opinion) is the most inspiring person / people here on GTPlanet?

I really don't want to single out one person for any reason because we're all making the community relevant, thus we inspire others.

Now if we could inspire all of the Kitchen spam to stop that'd be great!

31. Is your body ready?

Only for my wife. :P

If I didn't mention her one time I don't think I'd ever hear the end of it.

32. Now it's time for the "Daniel Special": If you could cross a hippo with any other animal - what will the animal be, what will it be called, and why? (Bonus points for creativity! And it can't be another hippo because that's incest)

I'm going to go on a limb and consider computer programmers, or in this instance "hackers" because this isn't going to work otherwise. I'd cross a hippo with Anonymous for a Hippopanonymous (Get it?) because a hippo that could undo national security while appearing none the wiser is the best thing ever!

33. You wake up naked trapped in a broken lift with a celebrity - which celebrity would you choose and why?

Sarah Shahi. I'd make an 'elephant in the room' joke but I'd rather be honest and say: because then she'd have an excuse to be naked. :lol:

34. Have you ever participated in any of the racing series' found here?

I participated in the WRS for a little while but as interest in GT5 was quickly waning I'm sure you can guess why I no longer participate.

35. Have you ever considered developing your own racing series, and if you have where can we find it?

I have and I have. You can find them here, here, here, and here.

36. Anything else you'd like to say?

These things really do consume a fair bit of time, holy crap!

I'm not, just filling in the void with nonsense until the actual member finishes their interview.

Well... Congratulations anyway, I guess :cheers:👍.

- And thanks for including my question :D.

Last edited:
Stop congratulating me! :lol:

This is what happens when you reach out to a professional race driver. Utter chaos.

Congratulations T-12. Accepting that you talk to yourself is the first step in solving the problem. :P

Oh and you have broken the trend. Every MOW before now has been a Premium member.

Last edited:
I did like the question about crossing any animal with a hippopotamus, that was a good one T12. Awesome interview though, sure was a good read.

Congrats T-12! You now join your wife in the Pantheon of GTPlanet greats. She must be so proud of you!

Does this mean that from now on, every time someone is late in responding, you will interview yourself?

I have a rule, you know.

Is that why you interviewed yourself?

:P

T-12 is MOTW? If you think the Infield is a clique, then a self-clique is just plain weird. Did you dress your right hand side as Oprah and put on her voice for the questions?

;)

Rumour or not, nonsense interview or not. I think T-12 could be MOTW.

So I could say (or not): Congrats, T-12. A well deserved possible MOTW.

Nonetheless, I reported everything to everybody. :)

Here we are, the musings of a professional race car driver. Welcome Christhedude to the Member of the [last] Week madhouse!

1. First and foremost, you're officially the Member of the Week so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized amidst the hundreds of thousands of other members here?

I was really happy to receive your message and also quiet surprised.

2. What brought you to GTPlanet and what keeps you coming back?

If I rememer correctly it was either GT3 or GT4 ... I spent hundreds of hours on GT4 racing and testing stuff. I log into GTP daily, to see whats new in the GT world but also regarding other games and news

3. There's a lot to do around the forums so I have to ask: what sub-forums/threads do you frequent most often and why?

The PlayStation 4 and Motorsport forums

4. What was it that sparked your interest in Gran Turismo?

Well, I race professionally now since 2001 so racing simulations have played and still are a big part of my career. The fact that I had so many tracks at my disposal and the choice of tuning and setting up cars

5. How did you come up with the name "Christhedude"?

I've never been good with usernames ... Some friends kept calling me "dude" so I figured that was appropriate for a username

Gran Turimso ! I do like the car selection in FM, especially the Porsche pack and customizastion, but GT, in my professional opinion, delivers better physics and track layout

7. Because it's finally occurred to me that the question above doesn't allow enough freedom, do you play any other racing games that you perhaps enjoy more than GT or FM?

I spent quiet a lot time on iRacing. I wouldn't say I enjoy it more, I enjoy it differently to GT.

8. What would the first chapter in your autobiography be called?

Papa & I go karting ... haha I haven't ever thought about an autobiography

9. You wake up naked trapped in a broken lift with a celebrity - which celebrity would you choose and why?

Chuck Norris, simply because Chuck Norris

10. Coca Cola, Pepsi Cola or Dr. Pepper?

Diet Cola please tup:

11. If you could live in any video game which game would it be and why?

Fist game world that jumped into my head was the Banjo Kazooie evirmoment. Have so many great memories of the N64 and this game. I would be tempted to say any of the GT games ... having all the tracks at my disposal with 1000+ cars

12. If you could create your own motorsport series what would it entail?

Looking around the vast motorsport world, it seems to be there is already alot of types of racing.
When the A1GP first debut, I thought it was a great idea, however it didnt turn out to be that successfull.

13. Tell us something interesting about your hometown.

My hometown ... I'm not sure I have something called a hometown. I was born in Leoben - Austria in 1988 but grew up in Africa, Turkey, Dubai, US and Asia. Now I'm currently living in Bristol UK.
I spent 7 years in Dubai and coming to think of it, thats what comes the closest to my home town. I think Dubai is well known for its architecture landscape and vast desert land.
However, the friends and people I met were incredible, and the different cultures I got to live with and experience was just great

14. Let's say GTPlanet was another persons brainchild—and there's really no way to know this for certain—but could you see the community being as prominent?

Well, the GT series is very famous but it would need someone with enthusiasm and dedication to keep a community alive, interesting and fun as GTP is

15. Do you have any hobbies we should be made aware of?

Even though motorsport is my job, I still enjoy karting, drifting. However, mountain biking, running, table tennis, swimming and video editing come to my mind right away

16. Are you driving anything special at the moment?

Since march 2010 I'm driving my '10 Nissal Altima 3.5 SE with a bit of Nismo chip tuning.
I really like it especially on the German Autobahn :D

17. What's your favourite video game, currently?

GT5, iRacing and some Call of Duty

18. What songs have been on repeat for the past few days?

After watching a recent top gear episode I currently enjoy "Iggy POP - Passenger"

19. Why did you choose that avatar, and why is it not a monkey? (Don't ask me, I had nothing to do with this. :lol:)

It displays me in my current race overall, even though I now have another overall I still need to update that

20. Games, how do you like them?

a) Pre-Order, I want them on day one.
b) Sealed at first price drop.
c) Used.

Depends on the game ... With GT5 I drove 100km in order to get it 3 days early

21. With the PS4 coming in the holiday season this year, is it the right time to consider moving up to the next generation?

I was hoping that the next GT installment would be a PS4 title but I think I still will make the move to the next gen area

22. Manual or automatic?

Manual - 6spd stickshift manual please !

23. Desert island disks - what 3 albums would you take to a desert island?

hmmm could I just take my phone with my playlist with me ? I don't really have any favorite albums or interprets

24. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being likely to go to the nut house, how crazy would you rate yourself?

Well, after reading out loud this question, my beloved girlfriend called me an 8, however after last night out with her parents, I am now up to a 9. hahaha :D

25. Who is your favorite race driver and why?

It must be Ayrton Senna, Kimi Raikonnen & Walter Röhrl

Senna, because if his determination, skill and ruthlessness.
Kimi, because he doesn't care much about the F1 high society world and is in F1 for racing.
And of course because Kimi is so well spoken at interviews... hahaha
Walter for his amazing speed in the infamous Audi S1 quattro in the Groub B rally

26. Where and when was your very first post here and how does it differ from your posting style used today?

If I recall correctly it must have been September 2001 regarding GT4 or GT3. I have since matured, or at least that what I think, in the past 12 years. I do post less these days because I travelling alot due to my races

27. How many of your controllers have died because of heavy physical abuse whilst playing a PS3 game?

Incredibly ... none. I still use my very first PS3 which I bought together with GT5 P in Dubai. Its now on a ship on its way to the UK and looking forward to GT6

28. Have you ever accessed the website during an unusual time and/or place?

I was once a flight, cant remeber from where to where but it had wifi on board. I went onto GTP and I think I even posted that I was currently browing GTP from 35000 feet above

29. What's the longest you've gone without logging onto GTPlanet since joining: Years, months, weeks, days, hours?

I'd say just a few days here and there. GTP is my 8th bookmark in google chrome

30. Who (in your own opinion) is the most inspiring person / people here on GTPlanet?

I do enjoy reading "Famine's" post. He seems to be very well spoken and educated :D

31. You've just been sentenced to death. What is your last meal?

That would be my mother's chicken with pasta and redwine sauce... oh my ... its so devine !

32. Now it's time for the "Daniel Special": If you could cross a hippo with any other animal - what will the animal be, what will it be called, and why? (Bonus points for creativity! And it can't be another hippo because that's incest)

I'd cross it with a Dodo. I'd be calling it a Hippado. A flightless awesome bird with a giant mouth

33. What's the funniest thing you can remember from all of your time being a member here?

Some of the most fun converstation I had with friends here. It has something to do with a Bushfink... the right people will know :D

34. Have you ever participated in any of the racing series' found here?

I did join several GT5 race series and events. Tons of fun !

35. Have you ever considered developing your own racing series, and if you have where can we find it?

I did, I wanted to start something like iRacing with GT5. Where you would have to participate in one season in a MX5 roadster of the DLC pack, then moving on onto higher powered cars and so on

36. Anything else you'd like to say?

I'd like to say thank you to the entire GTP community for supporting in my motorsport career
and allowing me to post and share my real life racing experience with GTP and perhaps even PD.

I met Jordan at this years 24 hour race of Nurburgring and it was really great meetin him !

I'd like to share my website with GTP

http://www.christopherzoechling.com/

Bonus These two additional inclusions are the brainchild of a staff member and must be answered as if you were a contestant on Jeopardy!, i.e. "What is a Computer?"

B1: This DC comics superhero swims at high speeds and communicates telepathically with sea creatures.

Oh my... I always feared being on Jeopardy! I never quiet understood how people can think and relate that quick, so I'm afraid I'm going to pass on these questions :D

B2: After successfully modifying this Italian sports car Ferruccio Lamborghini decided to pursue a automobile manufacturing business venture.

ermmm... Lamborghini ?

Now finally the interview is online. Guess it had to be translated from Australian to English... Ähm, wait...

Remarkable from a pro driver:

Gran Turimso ! I do like the car selection in FM, especially the Porsche pack and customizastion, but GT, in my professional opinion, delivers better physics and track layout

Congrats, Chris. I've remember watching some of your VLN videos on YouTube in like, 2010.

Great job and keep up the racing. 👍

Back