ORCA - Coming Soon: SILVIA RM SPEC CUP!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,150 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys up for some fun NSX racing tonight? I'm hoping for a good turnout like last Friday, and I will be hosting this evening. The lounge will be open around 8:45pm EDT tonight and we'll start qualifying at 9:30. Hope to see some of you on the track (GVE)!
I will be hoping in a 9:30PM 👍

We will see about tonight. We are having some problems with one of our dogs, so I am not sure if I can get downstairs for some undivided attention or not.

The Champ lounge is open for NSX racing. We'll start qualifying at 9:30pm EDT

CLOSED

Last edited:
Great fun tonight guys. Had some mishaps but all in all had a blast. Thanks you all for coming out.

I enjoyed the racing this evening. I apologise for my 2nd gear start on the first race; I hope it didn't ruin anyone's evening.

Trackbound, we both coursed out a bit on the final turn of the second race, and if you hadn't we would have had one hell of a drag race to the finish.

It is good to get in a room with you folks again when I can.

Lots of good fun tonight. Not sure what the problem was in race 1 for me. I didn't change my driving in race 2, but the grip was different for me. Race 1 I couldn't brake or get on the throttle without the rear getting happy. Race 2 felt much more like practice. Helped to start up front and keep seeing guys having problems. I knew when Marcus came up on me I was in for a long 2 laps of trying to hold off. It didn't take too long for the pass but I surprised myself by keeping with you for a while. I think I got too excited when I saw you drift wide on that last turn, my car thought it looked like fun and decided to do the same thing. Haven't had a real win with this group since I started, but tonight was my 3rd 2nd place. I guess I got a couple more of those before things fall into the right spot and I land at the top step...I hope ;).

Tonight felt much more like our normal racing events. Much better than Tuesday and even some of the past weeks. I hope we can take the momentum and keep going with it.

Lots of good fun tonight. Not sure what the problem was in race 1 for me. I didn't change my driving in race 2, but the grip was different for me. Race 1 I couldn't brake or get on the throttle without the rear getting happy. Race 2 felt much more like practice. Helped to start up front and keep seeing guys having problems. I knew when Marcus came up on me I was in for a long 2 laps of trying to hold off. It didn't take too long for the pass but I surprised myself by keeping with you for a while. I think I got too excited when I saw you drift wide on that last turn, my car thought it looked like fun and decided to do the same thing. Haven't had a real win with this group since I started, but tonight was my 3rd 2nd place. I guess I got a couple more of those before things fall into the right spot and I land at the top step...I hope ;).

Tonight felt much more like our normal racing events. Much better than Tuesday and even some of the past weeks. I hope we can take the momentum and keep going with it.

My driving style produces a super loose car. Your performance upon my initial approach was commendable. I know I flew in very aggressively and you held your line very well. I am not sure whether you watch your mirrors very attentively and are just stone cold or you never look back. Either way; my hat is off to you, sir. Have you any real life competitive driving experience?

Good fun tonight, loved the track car combo (even though I stink at it :D )
Sorry for my multi-car crashes, I couldn't seem to find my lines each time around.
Will be posting pictures later.

Good fun tonight, loved the track car combo (even though I stink at it :D )
Sorry for my multi-car crashes, I couldn't seem to find my lines each time around.
Will be posting pictures later.

I need to learn to save replays so I can take pictures. It's really great to see the race up close afterwards.

I may jump in and make a few more laps. Do you folks know that point in the evening where you go to take a drink but you can't quite tilt your head back far enough to catch the full pour you just metered from the beverage in your hand and the excess spills down your collar? That's where I am. Anyone care to join?

Marcus Garvey
Do you folks know that point in the evening where you go to take a drink but you can't quite tilt your head back far enough to catch the full pour you just metered from the beverage in your hand and the excess spills down your collar? That's where I am. Anyone care to join?

I'm pretty close to that point, haven't quite missed my mouth... Yet.

My driving style produces a super loose car. Your performance upon my initial approach was commendable. I know I flew in very aggressively and you held your line very well. I am not sure whether you watch your mirrors very attentively and are just stone cold or you never look back. Either way; my hat is off to you, sir. Have you any real life competitive driving experience?

I tend to watch my mirrors too much...and stone cold I am not. The last 2 laps my heart was beating so fast I felt like the car was on the edge the entire time. I am getting better at not making the big mistake with pressure from a car behind me. I have had a lot of practice the past month or two with guys like Car, Owens, JP, Wi and the rest of the ORCA guys hounding me. I have gotten better and driving defensive but still need to work on my over all speed. And nope, no real competitive driving experience. Did 2 oval racing schools and have done some indoor kart racing, but very much ameuture experiences. Just glad we had a good race last night. I have a couple of sloppy racing nights, so it was nice to have a good race #2.

oh horlicks. We're still an hour out and just finished dinner.

On my way....

I recommend everyone purchase the Alfa 155 2.5 V6 TI '93 that's in the OCD right now, I think it will be used in next month's selection. In fact, we may have an all Alfa month. :sly:

BrandonW77
I recommend everyone purchase the Alfa 155 2.5 V6 TI '93 that's in the OCD right now, I think it will be used in next month's selection. In fact, we may have an all Alfa month. :sly:

Sweet... I really like that car! 👍

I drove the Giulia Sprint Speciale '63 last night, albeit on comfort softs and around Eiger short track. That's a nice Alfa too.

Regarding tournament week:
I see the Vettes are on TM now, THANK YOU!!!!
What track will the NSX be running on? I thought GVE was pretty decent.

I won't make the Tuesday race being it's Spencer's birthday, but Friday I should be good to go.

I tend to watch my mirrors too much...and stone cold I am not. The last 2 laps my heart was beating so fast I felt like the car was on the edge the entire time. I am getting better at not making the big mistake with pressure from a car behind me. I have had a lot of practice the past month or two with guys like Car, Owens, JP, Wi and the rest of the ORCA guys hounding me. I have gotten better and driving defensive but still need to work on my over all speed. And nope, no real competitive driving experience. Did 2 oval racing schools and have done some indoor kart racing, but very much ameuture experiences. Just glad we had a good race last night. I have a couple of sloppy racing nights, so it was nice to have a good race #2.

I find it can be very stressing to be tailed at close range. I prefer to be the chasing car; unless I can draw a lead and pull my draft out of reach for 2nd place, and then slip into time trial mode and just start cutting laps. I am the most comfortable then. Your behaviour in traffic was very good, and something that I am still learning.

Nice shots carracer. Also enjoy the one of my car heating up the rears with the camera looking back through the tunnel.

a2pnL.jpg

Somehow I missed Car's post of pics. Great shots. I really like all the ones with the red 7 in front of all the other cars ;) ... darn that 8 lap race instead of a 6 lap race. I must say one of the most artistic looking pics is of my car (just so happened to be), where it looks like you are laying on the ground. Really great photo work.

TrackBound7
Somehow I missed Car's post of pics. Great shots. I really like all the ones with the red 7 in front of all the other cars ;) ... darn that 8 lap race instead of a 6 lap race. I must say one of the most artistic looking pics is of my car (just so happened to be), where it looks like you are laying on the ground. Really great photo work.

Missed them too. Very nice shots!

Regarding tournament week:
I see the Vettes are on SM now, THANK YOU!!!!
What track will the NSX be running on? I thought GVE was pretty decent.

I won't make the Tuesday race being it's Spencer's birthday, but Friday I should be good to go.

I don't recall deciding that the Vettes would be on SM tires, in fact I hadn't even purchased SM's for my Vette. I know some people found the car to be a bit of a handful so we'll upgrade the tires to SM in the hopes of improved door-to-door racing.

The tournaments start tonight! We will run 3 back-to-back-to-back races, one with each car at the track we raced it on. The second 2 races will be reverse grid and we'll do a qualifying session for the first race.

Race 1: Vettes on SM at Trial Mountain - 6 laps
Race 2: Ferrari California on SM at Indy Road Course - 6 laps
Race 3: NSX RM on RH at Grand Valley East - 10 laps

Points will be earned for each race and combined to decide the overall winner. The Champion from each night will receive a prize car of their choice worth up to $999,999.00 Cr's. Each night is self-contained and will have its own winner (i.e. points from Tuesday's race do not carry over to Friday's race, etc.).

The lounge will open at 7:00 pm EDT, we'll do 15 minutes of practice with each car at its selected track and then reset for qualifying at 8:00pm EDT. Qualifying will be 10 minutes/1 group, each race will be about 10-12 minutes long and we'll have a 10 minute break between each race to give everyone a few laps to adjust to the new car. The whole process should take approx. 1 hour and 15 minutes. See you tonight!

P.S. Next month's car/track lineups have been added to the 3rd post in this thread. Viva Italia!! 👍

Last edited:
Cote Dazur
I will be there tonite, Does any one would like to share suspension tuning set up for the NSX?

All cars are stock, tuning prohibited... Adjust your brake balance and go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back