• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,150 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can be there in a few... All by myself. lol

Last edited:
BrandonW77
Maybe give the Vette a go on SM tires?

Now... I am not the type, who normally goes about saying "didn't I told you so?"... But... :D

Looking forward to the upcoming week and the California. Have been driving it in the spec-setup this evening, to get used to it.
And I have to say, it is pretty fun to drive. Understeery when braking, but twist the wheel and press the gas, then the fun begins. And still the slide is very easy to control...
Not the fastest way to drive it, but sure the most entertaining way... ;)

Last edited:
I might be on this evening for a little bit of play if anyone is interested in using the Cali. SH for that one too or something softer?

^ SH is very appropiate for this car... No need to go any softer in my oppinion.

Bit of a lackluster week for the start of our new project. I'll chalk it up to the slippy Vette and possibly nice weather returning for some of us. Hope the California brings some more people out to the track, I'm thinking Indy Road Course may be a good fit for the Cali and we haven't run there much so it will be a nice change.

I'm thinking about making a small tweak to our format. Instead of voting for our favorite of the 3 cars, what if we used all 3 cars for the final week? The first race would be in the Vette, the second race (with reverse grid) will be with the California, and the third race would be in the RM NSX (with reverse grid). So we'd get to race all 3 cars in one night. Since we'll have raced the cars quite a bit during the previous 3 weeks we'll be fairly familiar with them and will only need a handful of practice laps between races to adjust to the next car. This way if there's one of the cars you don't like you won't have to race it for all 3 races. It would also be a true test of driver skill to see who can come out on top in 3 different disciplines of cars.

What do you think?

^^^

I definitely like the idea of a 3 car finale better than one car.

I would have liked to make a race last week but all my work days fell on race days, and I was out of town on Saturday... As of now, I should be good for the Wednesday GMT, Friday and Saturday events this week. 👍

I have no problem with doing all 3 cars in one night in the final week. I think moving to the club section might actually attract more members.

Alright, I've moved us to the Clubs forum and made some updates to the OP reflecting the new Tournament format. I've also decided to select a track for each week to be paired with the car. This will make it easier for people to practice if they know what track we'll be on and then we'll use that track during the tournament with that car so everyone will already be familiar with them.

There will no longer be any voting before the final week, everything is decided in advance. 👍

BrandonW77
Alright, I've moved us to the Clubs forum and made some updates to the OP reflecting the new Tournament format. I've also decided to select a track for each week to be paired with the car. This will make it easier for people to practice if they know what track we'll be on and then we'll use that track during the tournament with that car so everyone will already be familiar with them.

There will no longer be any voting before the final week, everything is decided in advance. 👍

Sweet!

Killing me with that darn Autumn track ;). I was hoping for the Trial Mtn we ran on. Oh well, I best be doing some practice on that track just so I can finish before the timer runs out.

Just two minor things: You 'Merkins have moved to DST, but in the UK and Ireland we're still on GMT. Our clocks move in about two weeks, meaning we are only 4 hours ahead.
The other thing I'd add to the op is some indication of which car we're running this week.
Otherwise, it all looks good to me.

Just two minor things: You 'Merkins have moved to DST, but in the UK and Ireland we're still on GMT. Our clocks move in about two weeks, meaning we are only 4 hours ahead.

Fixed. You'll have to remind me to fix it again when you guys change.

The other thing I'd add to the op is some indication of which car we're running this week.
Otherwise, it all looks good to me.

I have all 3 cars/tracks listed already, HERE

If anyone care to get an early practice on this weeks combo, I am on my way to open the ORCA_Champ lounge with Indy Road-course.

Edit: And I am out again :-)

Last edited:
^ Me too, the Cali is a fun car and I've been wanting to race it for a long time. It's much easier to handle than the Vette.

Lounge will be open around 7pm DST. We can do a short practice race around 7:30 if anyone needs to get a few more mile on their engine. 👍

The ORCA_Champ lounge is open for practice. The festivities will begin at 8pm DST with qualifying followed by two six-lap races at Indy Road course in the Ferrari California.

*CLOSED*

Last edited:
Good fun tonight for sure. Congrads to JP and of course the fan favorite Brandon. Nice wins gentlemen.

hello
Was hoping i could join
how long will it take to get accepted ?

Welcome aboard! Send a PSN friend request to ORCA_Champ and I'll accept it when I get home this evening. Look forward to seeing you on track!

....and maybe while he is in there he can adjust the Lounge name?????? ;)

I just noticed that last night, I'll get it fixed. :dunce:

Fun racing last night even if the crowd was rather small. The Cali is quite fun to race, not as loose as the Vette but still a bit of a handful if you're not careful. Felt good to win one even if the field was small. :)

^ No, I just got word that he is rather ill and will not be able to host the Wednesday GMT races. If somebody else would like to give hosting a go, please feel free (I did 2 6-lap races at Indy Road Course last night). Otherwise there probably won't be any racing tonight as I won't be home for another 2 hours.

Just got home... But from the thread, it looks like nobody there to race with...?
However I will start the PS3 and go online, to see if anybody is there.

Edit: nobody was there... hope to be able to race on Saturday

Last edited:
Blind829
Were you able to at least get the half case of KBS? When I heard what they were doing I felt bad for you.

Yes, I got the half case... I arrived around 6:00am and was absolutely shocked at the turnout. I went lest year as well and it wasn't anything close to what it was this time. There were a few upset people that I talked to, however most were OK with the cutback on allotment size. Had Founders not changed the amount, I would have missed out for sure.

I'm curious what the local reaction is to the ordeal now that it's been a few days?

Yes, I got the half case... I arrived around 6:00am and was absolutely shocked at the turnout. I went lest year as well and it wasn't anything close to what it was this time. There were a few upset people that I talked to, however most were OK with the cutback on allotment size. Had Founders not changed the amount, I would have missed out for sure.

I'm curious what the local reaction is to the ordeal now that it's been a few days?

The vast majority are excited that it was so popular and busy. There's a few that are calling it a bait and switch when they went from a full case to the half, but really 99% of people are happy for the company growth. Pretty easy going city up here.

I know. :( I've been very busy lately, hope it starts to die down so I can get more track time.

I just realized I'm not going to be able to host tonight because I'm going to see The Black Keys in concert. I thought it was tomorrow night.....surprise!!

Owens......if you're out there......would you be able to host again tonight for the California races at Indy Road Course?

I know the feeling, I've been working a ridiculous schedule here lately as well... Luckily next week I get to go back to my normal set schedule, hopefully for good.

BrandonW77
I just realized I'm not going to be able to host tonight because I'm going to see The Black Keys in concert. I thought it was tomorrow night.....surprise!!

Enjoy the hipsters! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back