Photoshopped cars.

• Thread starter sn00pie
  • 7,968 comments
Okay I just got a cool idea; take that profile view, and then line it up with touring cars or something and make it look like you're keeping up with race cars :lol:

Thing you should know that'll make you that make better at cutting stuff out is using the Pen tool (using Paths), and making selections with a feathering of 0.2 pixels.

I shall try that idea with race cars. ;)

For other info I'm doing this on my laptop with only a touchpad mouse, so the magnetic lassoo thing was the easiers because my touchpad has relatively little control, I'll try the path thing but may have very little success.

Last edited:
Oh that sucks... using the pen tool with the touch pad on a laptop is a PITA. That drawing I did above was a huge PITA without the mouse.

mines kinda off topic, but if you feel offended by its off topicness, its waiting in the demolition derby arena for you

stryker.png

my only problem with it is the wheels

DISCLAIMER:
IN UPLOADING THIS IMAGE, WACRY63 IS IN NO WAY A COMMUNIST AND DEFINITELY NOT A FAN OF THE WATCHMEN

Mayhem is awesome, and I was bored. This is what we're actually thinking about doing to the truck.. whether we keep it's current paint or not, is the question. Click for bigger:

Black 'n white, just cause..

I completely brushed all of mayhem but his face.. I did do the awesome bandage tho. lol

^Nice one! The only things I can see is the back wheel hub looks like it's crooked, as if the back wheels are turned toward the camera, and the bodywork that goes over the back wheel looks a little flat and basic. Looks great otherwise 👍

^Nice one! The only things I can see is the back wheel hub looks like it's crooked, as if the back wheels are turned toward the camera, and the bodywork that goes over the back wheel looks a little flat and basic. Looks great otherwise 👍

Thanks man! I can see what you are talking about, thank you for the great criticism!

Yep. :) Oh and there are bolts sticking out of the hubcap in the rear and not in the front. What model is that?

Cool work SVX. Somehow I don't think the rear wheel (or front for that matter) would fit under the arch and still be able to ride normally (I don't think the front one would be able to turn). Also, the grey/blue reflection on the paint looks a bit out of place to me, as the whole background seems to have a yellowish hue. But it's a nice idea.

Anyway, I might as well show something from me.

It's my entry for Round 16 of the 2011 Autemo Championships. I'm relatively pleased with the outcome, although I couldn't quite get it finished before the deadline. As you can see, there's a lot of brush involved. Very little was rebrushed and basically the only C&P'ed parts are the rims. I do wish it was a little more realistic, but with restricted time I didn't really have the time to focus on that aspect of the image.

Anyway, I hope you guys like it! :-d

Original:

Chop:

Clicking all images will show the high resolution version ;)

Wow Klaus, that really looks outstanding.

Cool work SVX. Somehow I don't think the rear wheel (or front for that matter) would fit under the arch and still be able to ride normally (I don't think the front one would be able to turn). Also, the grey/blue reflection on the paint looks a bit out of place to me, as the whole background seems to have a yellowish hue. But it's a nice idea.

Thanks. I kinda made it as a 'what if' VIP car. I'll know that for next time for making a VIP car.

Anyway, I might as well show something from me.

It's my entry for Round 16 of the 2011 Autemo Championships. I'm relatively pleased with the outcome, although I couldn't quite get it finished before the deadline. As you can see, there's a lot of brush involved. Very little was rebrushed and basically the only C&P'ed parts are the rims. I do wish it was a little more realistic, but with restricted time I didn't really have the time to focus on that aspect of the image.

Anyway, I hope you guys like it! :-d

Original:

Chop:

Clicking all images will show the high resolution version ;)

Quite a step back from your previous work. This one looks photoshopped in every detail, the light is off... everything looks just fake. You could go back to it and try to make it look real, the car should look good if the work was done properly.

My edits (all on the graphic side rather than physical side) all about Miku:
Fiat 500
Fiat%20500.jpg

Mercedes-Benz SLK350
SLk%201.jpg

SLK%202.jpg

SLK%203.jpg

Spyker C8 Aerilon
Spyker%20C8%20Aerilon.jpg

Last edited:
Good to see this thread up & running.

Yes the skyline looks photoshopped, but alot of work went into it. I think the main problem is that it looks a bit.. soft(?).. or at least the lighting isnt matching the shading.. something is off there.

Been a while since I posted in this thread, but I felt like photoshopping the new Toyota coupe this week, so here we are :)

toyotagt862013photo02.jpg

^^ Click for full size viewable at deviantART

C&C welcome :)

VERY GOOD! Everything looks real and spot on in this. Heck, even the background swap is excelent. The light is also perfect. This is the best chop that has surfaced here in a long time because it is SO real, just the kind of stuff I'm after. Congrats, bud.

VERY GOOD! Everything looks real and spot on in this. Heck, even the background swap is excelent. The light is also perfect. This is the best chop that has surfaced here in a long time because it is SO real, just the kind of stuff I'm after. Congrats, bud.

Thanks! Glad you like it - it's the first proper car 'chop' I've done in a long time! :dopey:

Actually, because of the chosen backdrop, the lighting now no longer makes a whole lot of sense.

Actually, because of the chosen backdrop, the lighting now no longer makes a whole lot of sense.

not at all, because it is perfectly doable with some strobes. The thing actually looks like a well-produced photo. In fact, the only thing I can gripe about is the intercooler, which looks a bit out of place, specially at the tubes ends. But that's about it.

Hey guys! Something new and a little more speculative from me :D

It's my rendition of what a BRZ STI could (possibly) look like. It took me approximately 6 hours in total over several days.

I believe this will be a little more to Cano's taste :P

Base:
subarubase.jpg

Transition:
507ca.gif

Chop:

Click the chop image for a larger size.​

That looks really nice. Gimme that with a smaller, more traditional STi wing and I'd be super happy.

That looks incredible. Where do you learn that?

Pretty much all self taught actually.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Also, great work Revolution too. Didn't see your work on the previous page until now - looks super realistic as Cano mentioned ;)

I think I'm the only one who's going to point out that the lighting is not entirely correct. See that main shadow cast to the right of the car? Now, look at the left headlamp, see those 2 lights in the reflection? Because those exist, we shouldn't be seeing that cast shadow, or at least not that dark.

Decided to try my hand today. Not much compared to Klaus' work, but not bad for a first timer with an hour or two to kill...

2012fordmustanggrabberb.jpg

Slightly updated. It's just eye candy at this point.
2012fordmustanggrabberb.jpg

Carbon Fiber ERYTHANG. Tell me how to improve.

Last edited:
You didn't exactly show us anything outstanding or anything you challenged yourself to do for us to give you any suggestions.

Recoloring a hood, swapping wheels and removing that light signal isn't exactly the toughest thing to do.

Latest Posts

Back