Photoshopped cars.

• Thread starter sn00pie
  • 7,968 comments
Hi Guys!

We were lucky enough to make it through Round 1 of this years Autemo World Team Battle (WTB), which is quite pleasing considering it's a lot tougher to progress this year (only 3 teams make it through Round 1 rather than 6). Hopefully we can come close to making it next round too, although I think it will be a lot harder!

Our entry was a shot at a possible GT2 version of the Ferrari Berlinetta - although it it perhaps a little "cleaner" in terms of design features (aesthetics were not sacrificed for functionality in most cases). It's all topped of in a simple Autemo livery / colour scheme.

In terms of the work involved, all of the body panels, including the side skirt, front lip, canards, etc. were brushed from scratch (by me) with virtually zero reference for the paint. However, there are quite a few C&P parts such as the interior (we would like to have brushed this, but ran out of time), rims and mirrors.

I'd like to thank my team-mate J_HUI for applying some finishing touches to the chop and fixing some of my mistakes.

Without further ado, here's our entry (minus all the WTB sponsoring logos).

And a WIP progression of our chop:
You'll notice that we went through a lot of different ideas! I love looking back at the first idea which is just a chopped up piece with McLaren, FT-86 and California parts stuck on it XD

Old stuff I know, but I just saw this. Congratulations Klaus, I must say you and your teammate deserved to pass. The light in your chop is almost uncanny, and I would have swallowed the entire car were it not for the rear fender, which looks odd in its form and too bright, but other than that, admirable.

You know how I'm all into the extremely real look because that's my business, and for a completely brushed car, it's incredible. The entire front is amazing, and the interior and window reflections are spot-on. I could swear you copy-pasted the side window in there. If you didn't, hats off to you bud.

Those of you that are curious of some of the other entries, Autemo have compiled a "Best of" album on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.363568163679712.74074.111371985565999&type=1

Some of those are good. I'd say that the teams that passed were you from Australia, France and maybe Hungary. All others are a joke, at least from a realism point of view. All of them look like illustrations, but I do know that Autemo judges way more than that.

aaah damn, I wish I still had the time to play something like this.

~

SuzQ, I love your conceptual Wagoneers! If the first one had more work put into it to make it look more real, it would be bad-ass.

True; i only spent about 40 mins on the black/white one. I decided to do it on the Durango body and proportion because they're officially killing Durango in lieu of the Grand Wagoneer coming back on that platform. I am/was having an issue trying to make the rear end look wider too, and couldn't quite figure out how to get new-style tails to work.

just an update to the artwork; open in a new tab for full-resolution.

The Ram headlights fit the spot perfectly, but they just dont look right, design-wise, So I went with some from a Bentley. Haven't figured out tail-lights for this one though. The design of the green one doesnt quite suit it.

modern_wagoneer___aka_durangoneer_by_suzq044_chopartist-d37znxc.jpg

one with white 'wood' detail..

2my13lj.jpg

Ha! That’s so horrible it’s cool. I love it. Watch out with that little white detail over the headlamp.

^ does that help you figure out what I was going for?

I know exactly what you were going after. I'm just telling you to erase that little white corner that escaped your eraser in the headlamp. You pasted something there and didn't erase the corner of the layer well.

Nice GT5 mod, too. I've thought about doing that too, but as usual, no free time, really.

Oh; yea, I know (the lil white artifact), but what can I say; i'm lazy with un-paid work. LOL
(actually I just dont feel like uploading the fixed ones)

U Mad? Not low enough for you? :sly:

Make it lower, N99GT, make it so low 'til it touch the flo' that Cano can't take it no mo'.

Interesting, with the slammed look.

.. quick one, not really much doin - dodge Dart again, lift-back style; if it had a lift-gate instead of a trunk, as the production model has - airbrushed 100%, was more of a PITA that I expected it to be. lol

Click to see huge-res.
dart___if_it_were_a_hatch_by_suzq044_chopartist-d561a0o.jpg

Another one, this time it's just a sticker-package for the Tigershark engines, available in the Dart:
Close-ups:
2rmnjpi.jpg

Over-all shots:
ou9ut2.jpg

v43zte.jpg

2jb0eiw.jpg

This one unintentionally ended up looking somewhat like a surfboard.. whatever. LOL
6fpjbn.jpg

Also did about a billion more of the Wagoneer, but here's the "new" grille. Modified Commander headlights, and tail-light.. otherwise, its the same chop.

4q4fsy.jpg

24z9auv.jpg

full crate-versions.. wayy too much going on IMO, for a modern truck, but it was requested, so I did it.
10yzzgj.jpg

35hk047.jpg

The larger wheels were supposed to be part of the chrome trim 'package' but I forgot to turn on the layer a couple times. LOL

Last edited:
Made one this morning too see if I could still do it I guess, not that I ever really could in the first place :lol:

rx7 crossed with an s2k, I swapped out the sky and added the rain because I've never tried that before. All done with gimp...

7591558582_6b92fcebf2_z.jpg

It's strange the rims came out so bad, they were the originals from the base car.

Aasbo/MadMike, CARS Renditions. (UPDATE) MadMike Drift Edition

HI,

Had some fun these past days, and after GATEBIL, i couldt stop my self, the Aasbo image I took my self, but the MADMIKE i got from a Friend of mine called " Henrik Oulie (thanks mate )

I spoke to them both and they are amazing guys, you can only imagen the SOUND that comes from MADMIKES MadBULL Its insane,!!

I have done these in past, but I think these two are the best I have done yet, and there will be more to come.

Not sure they belong in Advance, but move them if you dont think so.

" I do have highre res if anyone wants DESKTOP " version I will create that later "

Aasbo X86 CARS ( Static ) edition

Aasbo X86 CARS Drift Edition

And MAD MIKE ( MadBULL ) CARS edition

And Drift Edition

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

HOpe you like

Regards

Glac

Hi again. Another entry for the Autemo World Team Battle (Semi-final).

The original plan was for me to do the front view and (my partner) J_HUI to do the rear... however J_HUI got busy (or lazy? XD) near the deadline so it was down to me to finish off the rear.

From the outset, the plan was to do something different to what most teams would. I knew a lot of teams would choose to go down the tuning path, so I decided upon the race theme - pushing the limitations of the task.

Given the race theme, I believed they should be in their natural habitat - a racetrack. However, I didn't want both the rear and front views be set in the same sort of environment (as this can be boring). That's why I decided that there should be a mellow pitlane garage setting, as well as an exciting on track appearance from the vehicle. The aim of this was two make both images feed off each other - the contrast of environments in both images would hopefully accentuate the sense of speed and excitement in the front view, while exaggerating the peace and silence that is represented by the rear view.

In terms of the technicalities, both chops received a heavy treatment from the brush tool, with pretty much all of the bodywork on both brushed. It will be pretty easy for those with a keen eye to pick out the C&P'd parts - but for those interested...
On the front view parts C&P'd include: Rims (radial blur and disc glow added), lights (added more glow), interior/windows (cloud reflections added), spoiler, and front grill.
While on the rear: Rims and various parts left over from the base image.

Thankfully the slightly audacious move paid off and we're through to the final!

Wish us luck!

Without further ado, here are the chops, including WIP reels:

Front

Base

WIP Reel

Rear

Base

WIP Reel

Enjoy, and remember to click on each image to see the high res version :)

Also, for those interested here are the other entries. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.403414949695033.80102.111371985565999

In this round...

1st Team France
2nd Team Australia (us)
3rd Team Poland 3
4th Team Spain 1

The rest didn't progress to the final.

Glac, screw you for going to Gatebil. I like the CARS Mazda.

Klaus, I don't like those. They are too overdone for my taste. It has a helluva lot of work but it doesn't look real. Your previous Autemo entry was a lot more impressive because you practically recreated the car but it looked as real as my wallet.

Aasbo/MadMike, CARS Renditions. (UPDATE) MadMike Drift Edition

HI,

Had some fun these past days, and after GATEBIL, i couldt stop my self, the Aasbo image I took my self, but the MADMIKE i got from a Friend of mine called " Henrik Oulie (thanks mate )

I spoke to them both and they are amazing guys, you can only imagen the SOUND that comes from MADMIKES MadBULL Its insane,!!

I have done these in past, but I think these two are the best I have done yet, and there will be more to come.

Not sure they belong in Advance, but move them if you dont think so.

" I do have highre res if anyone wants DESKTOP " version I will create that later "

Aasbo X86 CARS ( Static ) edition

Aasbo X86 CARS Drift Edition

And MAD MIKE ( MadBULL ) CARS edition

And Drift Edition

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

HOpe you like

Regards

Glac

woww my fren u becoming great photoshopping. im envy with you ajajajjaa..

Final round entry for the Autemo World Team Battle. Looks like we may get a 2nd or 3rd place at the moment, with Poland pretty much locked in at number 1. You can find the 3 other entries here.

We were both strapped for time on this one, so there was nothing to extravagant with the approach. Just a simple colour and scence change with some subtle (yet tasteful) modifications. Went more for realism than the previous round, as I think the judges prefer this.

Base Image:

Chop

WIP Reel

You can find the rear version done by my team-mate here:

Base Image

Rear

WIP Reel

Here we go Claus, because I really like how the car looks, yet I don't buy several details.

First of all the color, it SO looks photoshoopped. And I do know that there's paint that looks like that in real life, the problem is that even in real life it looks photoshooped lol. It always looks odd, and it's way difficult to make it work in Photoshop. I would have gone with an easier to produce color.

Second thing I don't buy, the turned-on headlamps and leds and all that stuff, specially the led foglamps in the bumper, those look pretty awful dude.

Third thing I don't buy because it shoouldn't be there at all and it IMMEDIATELY pops, the windshield reflection in the hood. If you had a reflection of the cabin at such an angle, you would have had a 150 mph collision for the hood to be at that angle lol. Make it way smaller, it cannot extend that much towards the front of the car.

I really REALLY like the windshield swap with the light reflection on the top right corner and how you worked with the paint and carbon fiber highlights there. Very cool. The reflection of the garage door in the carbon roof and sunroof are absolutely uncanny, very good.

Rear wheel looks a bit off perspective, but that might just be me. But in the front tire, in the lower part, there is a tiny white bit, I assume from copying the tire from other car, that you might want to attend, because it really jumps.

The reflection of the rearview mirror on the door is also really, REALLY odd.

The concept on the car is really cool, it looks smashing, but I think it needs a bit of refinement. Even so, good luck with the Autemo contest! Let us know how your team fared.

I have also a good command on Photoshop and coral draw. At my last job I have designed many brochures and other advertising stuff. But I have never make the car pictures Photoshoped. I think I should start this. It sounds good. Actually I never have the idea it before but now I decide to show you some cool stuff about cars which is edited by me. What do you say guys. I am going to start it from today.

Last edited:
I did this in school today; first time with Photoshop:

Original:
Lamborghini-Aventador-J-Roadster-2.jpg

Mine (final):

2vl8mx2.jpg

Here's another minor one I just completed:

Original:
Ferrari+458+Italia+Red1.jpg

Mine (final):

nq7cpj.jpg

Last edited:
don't get in the habit of using the lense-flares. They're one of the easiest ways to tell if it's photoshopped.

Back