PlayStation 4 General DiscussionPS4 

• Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 9,445 comments
Light bar problems solved.

Screen-Shot-2014-02-15-at-3.04.08-PM-640x334.png

I'm definitely past the initial "getting used to" stage. It's just not comfortable for me.
I hated it for awhile. I couldn't play more than 20 minutes or so and my hands would start hurting. I bought some kontrol freaks and it completely changed the controller. Best controller I've ever used now. I even bought some for my Xbox one controllers too. I can't play without them now on any controllers.

They're worth looking into. They're cheap and have all kinds of different sizes and feel. They actually make the controllers more precise as well as more comfortable. I wish I had seen them years ago.

I hated it for awhile. I couldn't play more than 20 minutes or so and my hands would start hurting. I bought some kontrol freaks and it completely changed the controller. Best controller I've ever used now. I even bought some for my Xbox one controllers too. I can't play without them now on any controllers.

They're worth looking into. They're cheap and have all kinds of different sizes and feel. They actually make the controllers more precise as well as more comfortable. I wish I had seen them years ago.

I did a Google search and found some extensions to the analog stick. Are those the ones you're referring to? I think the analog sticks on the DS4 are fine the way they are. My gripes with it is the grip and the new button layout.

I did a Google search and found some extensions to the analog stick. Are those the ones you're referring to? I think the analog sticks on the DS4 are fine the way they are. My gripes with it is the grip and the new button layout.
these http://www.kontrolfreek.com/

They changed the entire way I thought about the controller. I'm not sure what you mean by button layout. It hasn't changed from the ds3 has it?

These drastically increase the grip of the sticks. They also help with shooters. I doubled the sensitivity speed on bf4 and cod. I use a taller one for the right stick and a shorter one on the left.

The grip they add changed the way I held it. My thumbs kept sliding off the sticks so I always had to push on the backs of them.

Anyway. They're cheap and really do make the controller more comfortable. I have 2 other friends who's tried them and all 3 of us use them now. I'm actually getting ready to order 2 more sets soon in preparation for destiny coming out. My dog ate my ones for the Xbox one so I need to replace them.

Except that it was launched 9 months ago. I'd say if there's nothing to interest you game wise now maybe the run up towards Christmas would be more to your liking.

On the subject of Kontrol Freaks, I highly recommend them to anyone. I've been using them for years now, and they even work for racing games as well.

Like you, @bevo , I was also able to icrease my stick sensitivity when I adjusted to them. They are a bit weird at first, but once you get used to it it helps a bunch.

On the subject of Kontrol Freaks, I highly recommend them to anyone. I've been using them for years now, and they even work for racing games as well.

Like you, @bevo , I was also able to icrease my stick sensitivity when I adjusted to them. They are a bit weird at first, but once you get used to it it helps a bunch.

Which ones do you use? The classics? FPS? Snipers? - just curious.. might try out a pair

I've got Classics on just the right side of my PS3 and PS4 controllers (main reason for that is because you don't need extra sensitivity for moving). Some use CQC for the left and any longer model for the right analogue stick, too.

I've had them for almost two years and they're very helpful. The only problem is that you end up getting used to them and playing without them sucks. :lol:

Which ones do you use? The classics? FPS? Snipers? - just curious.. might try out a pair
I use the cqc on my left stick and the sniper on the right stick. The tall ones are really nice for aiming and I like the shorter ones for controlling movement or sports games.

I also don't like concave sticks like comes on the ds4 and both of the ones I use are rounded on top. It seems like you thumbs don't move as much with them.

Why does it take 2 hours for the PS4 to write on a flash drive, and 45 seconds for my PC to get the files?

Why does it take 2 hours for the PS4 to write on a flash drive, and 45 seconds for my PC to get the files?
PCs are built for that sort of thing? What are you copying that takes so long. I copied over a gameplay file from Watch Dogs a while ago and it certainly didn't take anywhere near that amount of time. Batches of screen shots take seconds.

Maybe your PS4 has a lot of saved files on it, which might slow things down.

Hey guys, quick question: Can you play pre-loaded games at 12:01 AM the day it releases, or do you have to wait until some time in the afternoon?

EDIT: Apparently, First Light doesn't unlock until 1PM on my end. What's the point in that, isn't digital supposed to be more convenient?

Last edited:
It is supposed to be 12:00 AM Pacific Time the day it releases since you are from the US region. I am not understanding why it is going to unlock at that time. I have taken to Twitter to sort the issue out for you.

Okay, I think I have figured out why it has unlocked at 1pm instead of midnight. Sony didn't consider First Light worthy enough for a midnight unlock, and so it unlocked when the store was updated. That is the best explanation that I could come up with.

Last edited:
Hey guys, quick question: Can you play pre-loaded games at 12:01 AM the day it releases, or do you have to wait until some time in the afternoon?

EDIT: Apparently, First Light doesn't unlock until 1PM on my end. What's the point in that, isn't digital supposed to be more convenient?
I was about to answer this for you too. Yes even if a pre-load is available, some people wont truly be able to get it at midnight. For example if you live in EST you wont be able to pre-load it until 3:00 am. Another reason I stick with discs. Cant even imagine the overload of hundreds of thousands of people trying to download at the same time. Honestly I wish all of you the best of luck with this. I truly do.

Well, the PSN servers are in Pacific time, so that is why people in NY won't get it at midnight their time.
On EAs site it said madden preloads would release at 12am est time everywhere. I'm not sure if its only EA games use est times or not.

I was about to answer this for you too. Yes even if a pre-load is available, some people wont truly be able to get it at midnight. For example if you live in EST you wont be able to pre-load it until 3:00 am. Another reason I stick with discs. Cant even imagine the overload of hundreds of thousands of people trying to download at the same time. Honestly I wish all of you the best of luck with this. I truly do.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but why would hundreds of thousands of people be downloading a preload game at the same time? Most of them allow 4 or 5 days before release to download it. The point of the preload is so you can download the game days ahead of release so that you can play it the minute it releases and avoid having to wait on it to download it also prevents the traffic of it being downloaded by hundreds of thousands of people at one.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but why would hundreds of thousands of people be downloading a preload game at the same time? Most of them allow 4 or 5 days before release to download it. The point of the preload is so you can download the game days ahead of release so that you can play it the minute it releases and avoid having to wait on it to download it also prevents the traffic of it being downloaded by hundreds of thousands of people at one.
Some pre-loads are not available until a certain time. For example Bungie wont be releasing the pre-load for Destiny until Midnight which ends up being around 3:00 AM EST. Maybe we are both misunderstanding each other or maybe I am misunderstanding the pre-load vs digital dl. Regardless of when it becomes available, many people will be trying to dl it onlie at the same time. As opposed to buying the disc, putting it in the console, and start playing shortly after.

Some pre-loads are not available until a certain time. For example Bungie wont be releasing the pre-load for Destiny until Midnight which ends up being around 3:00 AM EST. Maybe we are both misunderstanding each other or maybe I am misunderstanding the pre-load vs digital dl. Regardless of when it becomes available, many people will be trying to dl it onlie at the same time. As opposed to buying the disc, putting it in the console, and start playing shortly after.
preloads let you install the game days before it releases so that you can play it the second it releases. It's a digital download but you get to download and install the game prior to its release.

With Madden you could download the game days ahead of time and then at 12 am est time launch day the game unlocked an you could play it. At least that's what the EA site said. I bought the disk.
With destiny you will be able to download and install the game days in advance too and be able to play it the second it releases.

Last edited:
Playstation Pre-TGS Press Conference 2014

Project Morpheus Summer Lesson explained by Harada-san (Tekken)

God Eater 2 Rage Burst for Vita & PS4.

Dragon Quest Heroes for Vita & PS4 (Dynasty Warriors styled game)

Suda51's Let It Die

Last edited:
Time to invest on the PS4 in preparation for PCars? Not interested at the game but the white PS4 got me. :P

The bundle is same price $449 on Amazon available from Sept 9, 2014 or wait as Sony will release white console as a standalone (or even a carbon fiber version bundle with PCars) in the future anyway? :lol:

Last edited:
Back