PlayStation 4 General DiscussionPS4 

• Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 9,445 comments
I hope this update improves some of the delay in receiving invites and messages on the PS4. When I get an invite on screen I press the PS button right away it it says it was sent 4-5mins ago. My ps3 and Vita do not have this problem.

I am presuming that the Vib Ribbon re-release didn't release on PS4 prior to this update because there was no USB music functionality. Hope it's on it's way with this next update. :D

Wait a second, does that earphone that comes with the PS4 do voice commands? , alsoo we can now pause downloads Hell Yeah

It's been available for a few hours now. Some people have been unable to connect to online after updating and some of those have resolved the issue by restarting the console.

Do I wait a bit to update or do I just do it now so I can play BF4... 💡

It's been available for a few hours now. Some people have been unable to connect to online after updating and some of those have resolved the issue by restarting the console.

No problem here.

It's always adviseable to do a reboot after an update, most software works that way, which I never understood...

It's always adviseable to do a reboot after an update, most software works that way, which I never understood...
I did a reboot and cannot connect to PSN. There goes playing anything today.

It looks like the new update broke rest mode. Once I go into it I can't wake up ps4 without unplugging it and it seems wide sprea
d.

Last edited:
Probably a bunch of disgruntled idiots who didn't like something about the update...

EDIT: The PS4 side of PSN seems okay, though I'm not actually playing online, just connected.

Last edited:
Just fired my PS4 up expecting it to be down, but no, online right away, 32 friends online which is a bit higher than normal, so I don't know how big the problem is. Also I'd actually say the friends list feels faster post 2.0... Used to get a slight delay opening it up but now it's instant.

Anyone tested the share play out yet? Also does anyone know if the msgs have been sorted? That delay stresses me right out!

Hey everyone,

I'm planning to get a PS4 possibly next year. Now I know that you need PS Plus to play multiplayer online. I don't play online much at all so it's kinda pointless for me to pay the subscription (the free games you get often don't interest me as well). My question is, without PS Plus can you still download game updates and DLCs from PSN Store?

I tried searching on the net but it's hard to find such specific info. All I can find is you don't have automatic updates without PS Plus.

Hey everyone,

I'm planning to get a PS4 possibly next year. Now I know that you need PS Plus to play multiplayer online. I don't play online much at all so it's kinda pointless for me to pay the subscription (the free games you get often don't interest me as well). My question is, without PS Plus can you still download game updates and DLCs from PSN Store?

I tried searching on the net but it's hard to find such specific info. All I can find is you don't have automatic updates without PS Plus.

Yes you can the only thing you really need PS plus for is multiplayer gaming like battlefield 4 multiplayer. But games like Planetside 2 when it will releases is a free to play game so you wouldn't need PS plus for multiplayer play.

I now have a question has anyone managed to get the YouTube app working? I can log into my account but when I try to link I always get an error.

I now have a question has anyone managed to get the YouTube app working? I can log into my account but when I try to link I always get an error

All working fine at my end, just signed into youtube as per normal and everything works for me.

Mine was in rest mode for a day or two and it wouldn't switch back on! Had to unplug it for it to work again so I'm leaving it off rest mode for the time being until Sony sort that out.

Anyone else had this? I know @bevo has.

Mine was in rest mode for a day or two and it wouldn't switch back on! Had to unplug it for it to work again so I'm leaving it off rest mode for the time being until Sony sort that out.

Anyone else had this? I know @bevo has.

Yep, common issue since 2.0.

Question, if you were downloading something and it crashed, after a reboot does it resume the download?

There's a temporary fix for the Rest mode bug, go to settings>power save settings >rest mode>supple power to USB ports>Always.

Last edited:
I played a PS4 game for the first time earlier today- "The LEGO Movie: Video Game." Since I've never seen the movie, I never played this game previously, and I thought this game would sort of spoil the movie. I mentioned in the XBOX One general thread about how the PS4's controller isn't really as comfortable in the hands. The game still looked very cool seeing it on a big screen while at a Best Buy.

I don't really know what I'd start my PS4 lineup with if I had a PS4 right now. I guess I never really studied the lineup of PS4 games at present and with many more future titles to come in the coming months. I'm so out of the loop for the most part on all of this.

Back