POLL. If you want standard cars to stay, why do you want them to stay?

Why do you want standards to stay?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is NO reason to remove any car from GT.
Sure it would be great if the older cars could get Fresh textures, higher poly counts, and full Interiors..

But Why remove them? if you don't want to use them, don't buy them..

but for those who do, they drive just the same as the premiums, just with lower res textures, a few less polys, and no full interiors.
So they Are like getting bonus cars besides all of the Premiums..

Easy solution, where everyone would be happy...

Ship GT7 as a two-disc game. Disc one has everything except the standards on it

Disc two has the standards on it. Add it to your game save if you so wish, or don't if you don't

I'd go for option two myself. No place for tatty old standards in GT7 imo

Just leave them in the :censored:ing car dealership and everyone on both sides will be :censored:ing happy.

Some of my favorite cars are Standard, and I've defended their inclusion to GT5 and 6 on a number of occasions, but c'mon, PD... update, please. It's been long enough. Give me Premium EG Civics and 4th Gen. Preludes, or I punch my dog in the face. IN THE FACE!! /shakesfist

For the record, sounding angry over the Internet only makes your argument look pathetic.
No it does not my argument is 100% right and what I say about standard cars just leave them the dealership and there is nothing wrong with them being in their.

Ship GT7 as a two-disc game. Disc one has everything except the standards on it

Disc two has the standards on it. Add it to your game save if you so wish, or don't if you don't

I'd go for option two myself. No place for tatty old standards in GT7 imo
That is an unrealistic solution. Sony is not going to increase it's publishing costs by shipping on 2 discs when there is sufficient space on a Blu-Ray. By doing so you are also admitting that Standard cars are a problem and you are attempting to hide them in a way.

I think Standard cars will look ridiculous in GT7 unless they are semi-Premium like the Nissan R390. I would rather they weren't there but there are so many Standard cars I love to drive, and knowing it is not possible for PD to re-model them all, I have reluctantly come to accept their inclusion.

No it does not my argument is 100% right and what I say about standard cars just leave them the dealership and there is nothing wrong with them being in their.
You know, this argument has already been quashed by Tornado in the last page, so that really puts into perspective how much of our arguments you take in versus how much you turn a blind eye to (apparently most of which is the latter). Not that I'm surprised given the first part of your post.

You know, this argument has already been quashed by Tornado in the last page, so that really puts into perspective how much of our arguments you take in versus how much you turn a blind eye to (apparently most of which is the latter). Not that I'm surprised given the first part of your post.

Please read the OP and try to stay on topic.

I don't think you really understood what Tornado was actually saying. He was being a mega-pedant about the use of the word logic in order to further a personal grudge, and to "debate" for debating's sake.

Since this is still a hypothetical situation, the ideal case is still within reach. That doesn't require separate discs and it sure as hell doesn't require someone to tell me what my aesthetic standards (ha) should be. Of the last ten games I bought, none of them "look next-gen" - and I'm talking about PC games.

Tornado himself admitted the situation improved with GT6, perhaps that may continue for GT7.

The easiest option of all, would be to leave them in, but ensure that there are other options for use in A-spec. That way the people who don't like the way they look wouldn't have to use them, and those that don't care don't loose they cars they like.

The way I see it, those that are crying out for them to be removed are saying they want to actively limit others choice by removing content from the game. To me that seems like a more serious invasion of the game playing experience than the 'standard-toleraters' point of view that if you don't like an asset you just don't use it. I mean seriously, what's next a poll to remove all ugly cars from the game, because they offend my eye? Remove all the cars that aren't using the up to date sounds sampling method? Are they not so offensively inferior too?

And as for PS2 assets on the PS4, yes it seems silly, and I doubt anyone would choose having PS2 over equivalent PS4 assets, but that is NOT what's on the table here. If we loose standards, we loose those cars, period. Sure PD might include some of them in GT7 as premiums, but we don't know that yet. As it is, based on what we know people are actively asking for the removal of many great cars, many touring cars, many GT cars, many LMP's, many classic cars, and some manufacturers completely.

Actually it was directed towards that badger guy after he claimed he had his head screwed on properly, after which he admitted to trolling.

I admitted to trolling after making a joke about the Suzuki ruining my eye sight. The other points I made were legitimate and sensible towards the argument.

I get that this thread is about keeping them and people (with sense) disagree with it completely. On the contradictory to this thread maybe there should be one that suggests "Do you want Standards to be removed from GT7 or at a minimum upgraded to Premium quality?- Poll" to reflect the biased involved in this one. I'm sure there will be as many people defending Standards in that thread as you see arguing against them in this one.

None of your arguments are tangible, keeping something in to satisfy 50% of people is in much the same way of removing them to keep the other 50% happy. I stick by my original point. Standard cars are not welcome on the PS4. Other games in it's class will laugh it up. Hell, if Little Big Planet released a new karting game on the PS4 it'd look better than the standard cars we currently have and are going to have in GT7. That's just plain pathetic from a game that is supposed to be the innovator of the modern racing simulator...

The main problem is that PD are too busy focusing on a racing career, bull:censored: promotions such as GT Academy, FIA Partnership, Pebble Beach etc. and not focusing on making a properly finished and polished game for us all made from top to bottom for it's console and in the quality it should be. They're just doing the easy and lazy route because people like you accept it and allow them to get away with it over and over again... GT4 was the last game PD made which they properly finished, buggy or not, all of the cars where at the same quality and so were the tracks. It was a solid, consistent game reflecting the pinnacle of PS2 technology... We can't exactly say the same for GT5, GT6 and pretty much assured for GT7 as well can we?

That is an unrealistic solution. Sony is not going to increase it's publishing costs by shipping on 2 discs when there is sufficient space on a Blu-Ray. By doing so you are also admitting that Standard cars are a problem and you are attempting to hide them in a way
Imo, standards are a problem. Nasty looking things and no place for them on a PS4 game

Ok, two discs may be impractical or undesirable. So ideally for me the disc would pause during install when the standards were next and you get the option to skip them if you want

Done, sorted :cool:

There is a line drawn in the sand. On one side there are those who don't mind losing the Supra, MR2, Celica, DC2 Type R, EG Civic SiR, Neon SRT4, Eclipse, etc...

On the other side there are those who don't want to lose any cars at all.

I'm pretty sure everybody would love to have all of the cars be premium if Kaz could just snap his fingers and make it so. But the reality is that there is no feasible way for that to happen without crippling progress on the rest of the game.

So because we can't have all of the cars in GT6 be premiums for GT7 I'd rather keep the standards than lose all of those cars.

One thing i wouldn't mind seeing is low quality interiors.
I am sure PD can find images of the car interior for alot of the standard cars.
They dont have to be super duper relistic, just real enough.

I remember the looks of my old 1987 accord.
Even by going off a magazine photo can help give the PD texture makers a starting point to remake them.

Heck in japan I sure there are many of the cars like supra driving around.

Give them $100 to take laser scans and boom a new premium.

The way I see it, those that are crying out for them to be removed are saying they want to actively limit others choice by removing content from the game. To me that seems like a more serious invasion of the game playing experience than the 'standard-toleraters' point of view that if you don't like an asset you just don't use it.

And your desire to keep them seriously infringes on my experience playing the game. See how that works?

Believe it or not, the people who don't want standards in GT6 couldn't give half a hoot about "limiting your choice" or taking your cars away from you. It's not about you, it's about the game. And some of us think it suffers when the entire product doesn't meet the same visual benchmark.

Even though I try to keep my garage exclusively premium, standards are still in the game, they still appear in my races, and now and then I have to drive them if I want to be competitive at all. That's why the "ignore them" argument holds absolutely no water.

I mean seriously, what's next a poll to remove all ugly cars from the game, because they offend my eye? Remove all the cars that aren't using the up to date sounds sampling method? Are they not so offensively inferior too?

Nobody is asking for any of that. Some premiums look slightly better than others; that's fine. It's about staying within the realm of consistency and believability. "Do these two cars look like they belong in the same world?" That's the question at issue here. If the answer was always yes, then we'd have no problems.

It's not such a ridiculous thing to ask for when, you know, every other game accomplishes it.

Heck in japan I sure there are many of the cars like supra driving around.

With Japan's notoriously strict emissions testing laws, it may be harder to get ahold of a stock example to model for a game than one would normally expect. Stuff like Supras or NSXs can probably be found on a manufacturer museum or something, but stuff like the early 1990s Prelude? Eh...

That's why a lot of the JDM cars end up in Canada or Australia or whatever as soon as they can cheaply be exported.

And your desire to keep them seriously infringes on my experience playing the game. See how that works?

No, can you please explain further, preferably using Haiku.

Believe it or not, the people who don't want standards in GT6 couldn't give half a hoot about "limiting your choice" or taking your cars away from you. It's not about you, it's about the game. And some of us think it suffers when the entire product doesn't meet the same visual benchmark.

Oh I'm sorry, I thought it was all about me, sorry, my apologies, I realise now that it's all about you and want you from the game. Seriously though, do you not see a distinction between total removal of something that some people enjoy, or asking other people to just use the assets that they would be choosing to use anyway.... and baring in mind that..

Even though I try to keep my garage exclusively premium, standards are still in the game, they still appear in my races, and now and then I have to drive them if I want to be competitive at all. That's why the "ignore them" argument holds absolutely no water.

We're talking about the future of GT here, i.e. GT7, and you, or I, don't yet know how much time, if any, you will be required to spend playing with/against Standards.

Nobody is asking for any of that. Some premiums look slightly better than others; that's fine. It's about staying within the realm of consistency and believability. "Do these two cars look like they belong in the same world?" That's the question at issue here. If the answer was always yes, then we'd have no problems.

I'm sorry, did you just say nobody is asking for better sounds?

For me the question at issue here is "why do I want standards to stay in the game", not "is everything Graphically (yeah I inserted that because you're overlooking sounds) consistent and believable".. so I'll make my feelings on it clear once again...

Would I prefer all the models to be made premium: Yes, but this is not going to happen.
Would I pay ALOT more for DLC to enable this to happen: Yes, I would
Would I miss a large number of standard models: Yes, I would.
Do I think that standards look great, or even good?: M'eh they're okay.
Has a game ever been made that is awesome, but not at the peak of it's Genre grahically: Yes, plenty.
Can I still get enjoyment from a game when this is my view of the car in front:

stuntcarracer64.gif

Yes, I can.

... so to recap, I'm not really happy that we have to keep standards, but it's the lesser of two evils as far as I'm concerned.

It's not such a ridiculous thing to ask for when, you know, every other game accomplishes it.

Then please, be my guest to turn you back on GT forever, stroll off in to the sunset feeling as though GT has somehow cheated you out of something, and play Project Cars.

Dang , what's that game title ?

I remember I bought Amiga500 to play that , but can't remember title. Back then ,it was a quantum leap in graphics department for me , coming from ZXSpectrum's 256*192 8bit.Good old days .

Super Stunt Car Racer, I had it on the C64... still one of my faves :) There was a version for iOS a few years ago, called fume car racer (or something)

Super Stunt Car Racer, I had it on the C64... still one of my faves :) There was a version for iOS a few years ago, called fume car racer (or something)

Thx. I knew it was something with "racer". Maybe , I'll get me some Amiga emulator and try it .

Oh, C64 . Great machine and quite a piece of computer history.I was always a bit envy on C64 users, because of better graphics and sound chip, than we "poor" Spectrum owners got :)

Thx. I knew it was something with "racer". Maybe , I'll get me some Amiga emulator and try it .

Oh, C64 . Great machine and quite a piece of computer history.I was always a bit envy on C64 users, because of better graphics and sound chip, than we "poor" Spectrum owners got :)

Yeah, it's fun game. I use CCS64 as a C64 emulator, but it's not great under Windows 7. Hmmm, maybe when course creator comes I'll recreate the tracks :D Anyway, back on topic...

I don't want them as much as I'm stuck with them! :lol: It would be a shame to lose any of the car models so that is the only reason I'd want to keep them around. Although I'm cringing at the thought of some of the really bad standard models on my PS4/HD set up though. Them PS2 jaggies :nervous: Eek. Just clean up the textures, PD!

Back