POLL time! Drag Strip!

Yea I agree with everyone that's already posted, any car be fast in a straight line, that's easy, but making a car fast that can turn corners is what its all about for GT5.

I wouldn't hold your breath on getting a drag strip, that's not what GT5 was meant for. I can see having maybe in arcade mode only, but even then I doubt it will ever happen.

Its funny how everyone wants to make GT5 different then its was meant to be.

I wouldn't hold your breath on getting a drag strip, that's not what GT5 was meant for. I can see having maybe in arcade mode only, but even then I doubt it will ever happen.

It's funny how you assume that you know what GT5 was meant to be...if it was even meant to be anything at all in the first place.

I would love a drag strip more than anyone and I would definately be hooked immediately but I think there is a problem with the performance figures/times of many cars that are unmodified and this leads to wrong times being more exagerated when modified and they don't want players to measure the times and find huge faults with allot of times being wrong. to correct all the figures/times for the cars would take a huge patch and a lot of time I don't think it will ever happen.

If gt5 is the real driving simulator how can it be more about one discipline than another? GT4 had it all exept drifting, we have drifting somewhat, give us as strip.

nascar49
Yea I agree with everyone that's already posted, any car be fast in a straight line, that's easy, but making a car fast that can turn corners is what its all about for GT5.

But this is a racing game, and drag racing is racing. So I think they should include drag racing into GT5.

'4 had a strip, Vegas. Neither myself or any of my friends who played GT used it. I'd rather something more needed was added rather than this.
I doubt it'll be any time soon anyway after what those poor people have/are going through.

I think a drag strip will never be included. Besides where is the fun in driving in a straight line? SSR7 and le sarthe can be used for that. Just my two cents.

When do you think they'll add a quarter mile drag strip?

I can't vote because you failed to add a "never" option. How'd that happen?

It's funny how you assume that you know what GT5 was meant to be...if it was even meant to be anything at all in the first place.

Yeah, you're right. Polyphony had no plans. GT5 was just a complete accident. It wasn't meant to be anything but just sort of accidentally came into being.

To answer your question, regarding how he knows what GT5 was meant to be, that was evident in the types of content they selected for the game and in the types of content they selected to not be in the game. When you have a game with heaps of road courses, just two ovals, and zero drag strips, with almost no oval races and absolutely no drag races, that's a pretty effective way of conveying their intentions. They didn't accidentally forget to plug in a drag strip and some drag events. It wasn't something they intended but somehow forgot to add to the game's menus.

GT has had a Test Track in every single instance except this one. I've used the Test Track in every game as well. I enjoy seeing how fast my cars accelerate, especially in 2 player mode in comparison to other cars i own. I used to do it for hours in GT3 and GT4. It doesn't take anything away from the game as it is to add the Test Track back in with acceleration and max speed tests. Really don't know why they didn't include it this time around.

I love all the neat things they added in GT5, but they removed so much stuff as well, that it's just depressing. 2 steps forward and 1 step back is the way this game feels sometimes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's a long standing thread on this forum of guys who tried to be different and competed for fastest times at the las Vegas strip on the gt4 section. I know because I was at the strip trying to come up with a new combination to run a faster time constantly. Probably even more time doing that than the other races. I honestly don't see how you can have karts, rally, drift, and even NASCAR, but not drag racing, except for 2 possibilities. The first is that Kaz and his group weren't satisfied with the physics of it and didn't want to release a half-assed version again. The second is that they have NASCAR endorsement. They have WRC endorsement. They have D1GP and Formula Drift endorsement. They have super GT/JGTC endorsement. But they don't have NHRA endorsement. And for those who forget, there was a couple of drag cars in GT1. The HKS Silvia and Skyline.

there was a couple of drag cars in GT1. The HKS Silvia and Skyline.
That was GT2, which also featured a Dragster look for the Dodge Intrepid if you race modified it (unfortunately it didn't really have enough power).

The poll here doesn't make a lot of sense, but I would also love to see Drag Racing, some Funny Cars and Top Fuel Dragsters would be great. Almost every other type of car racing is already there.

I would also vote "never" if it was an option. The way the poll is now, it almost looks as if PD is going to actually do it.

PD was supposed to include a drag strip in GT2 12 years ago, but opted not to. I highly doubt they're going to do it now.

But PD, if you DO add a drag strip, bring back the Machine Tests as well. 400M, 1,000M, Top Speed at the Test Curse. Remember those?

3 to 4 months is very optimistic. I love the "Las Vegas" drag from GT4, it would be nice to just add the Test Track also which was great..

I think that PD will never add a drag strip (at least in GT5). But it would not be that hard to port LA Drag strip from GT4...

Latest Posts

Back