POLL time! Drag Strip!

the majority of people say no to a drag strip.more to content=tracks,challenges,and yes cars...:dunce::dunce:

I really have no problem with tracks , content or cars... But really get tired of so many of the same thing.. And everyone who says no to a drag strip have never been to a real dragstrip or ever raced at a strip...
I love the look of the skyline up till the 2002 cars... And I have a 63 SS nova with a 406 with about 425 hp That will pucker your bottom up

Man I was just talking to somebody the other day about a drag track for GT5, this HAS to happen. If you don't like to drag simply don't use the track. I like the types of racing we have bu, everybody likes to fool around and put there cars againts each other in a straight line to show off the brute power of their cars. I would like a realistic looking pro drag strip 1/4 mile, equiped with a real working light tree and both drivers times displayed at the end.

I would be setting up some cars just to drag, it would only expand the game, MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Last edited:
That was GT2, which also featured a Dragster look for the Dodge Intrepid if you race modified it (unfortunately it didn't really have enough power).

The poll here doesn't make a lot of sense, but I would also love to see Drag Racing, some Funny Cars and Top Fuel Dragsters would be great. Almost every other type of car racing is already there.

I agree that they should add some real dragster cars to use as well but thats probably asking too much, you see how much people are whimpering about the track alone.

I don't see why anybody here would NOT want the game to expand?? Adding adrag track and cars does not take away from the game. If you don't like dragging, STAY OFF OF THE DRAG TRACK :dunce:, its as simple as that! No really it is!

Don't like rally/dirt racing??? STAY OFF OF THE RALLY TRACK! really, I swear its that simple!

the top gear test track has a quarter-mile from wilson to hammerhead, though you'd have to avoid the actual track in order to race down it >.> and it would be difficult to judge the winner; unless you took a replay of your 1 lap sprint and decided from the replay who wins. :P edit: now that I think about it, starting the race would be difficult also because you'd have to decide on a timeframe when the race should begin (like a specific second, perhaps 40 seconds in would be enough time to line up at willson) of course this still would not be the same experience and I don't see why they wouldnt have implemented this already D:

GT has had a Test Track in every single instance except this one. I've used the Test Track in every game as well. I enjoy seeing how fast my cars accelerate, especially in 2 player mode in comparison to other cars i own. I used to do it for hours in GT3 and GT4. It doesn't take anything away from the game as it is to add the Test Track back in with acceleration and max speed tests. Really don't know why they didn't include it this time around.

I love all the neat things they added in GT5, but they removed so much stuff as well, that it's just depressing. 2 steps forward and 1 step back is the way this game feels sometimes.

1st paragraph is so me man! i hope they put the test track back..

drag takes some good tuning to chase 10ths of seconds.. lsd, gear ratios, suspension, ballast to give enough grip off the line, but not limit your overall time.. in gt4 i could run a 6.700 1/4 with the escudo and lancia s4.

I just made an interesting observation: there is a negative correlation between wanting a drag-strip in GT5 and the use of proper capitalization in forum posts.

No, it's the rpm my first bike was at when it hit 100mph (160kph). I have had the name for about 6 years and I keep it the same on all forums.

i guess my name ought to be 20,000 rpm as thats what it hits at 110mph

I'd like a drag strip. All the track tests we had in GT4, but I'm not holding my breath. It took months to just set my gears in my transmission. I think they're washing their hands of GT5 by now.

Back