Votes: 128 31.4%
  • Shuffle Racing

Votes: 11 2.7%
  • B-spec

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • GT 7: Prologue

Votes: 103 25.3%

• Total voters
Well, all this stuff we're waiting for is cool, like the course maker, Senna stuff, new track, community features. But judging on PD's previous feature releases over the last month or two, I suspect we're probably going to just get the long anticipated Kaz mode DLC. Where you have the delightful opportunity to pay $20 and you can drive every single car but with Kazunori Yamauchi's face photoshopped lazily onto the driver's visor and for every car to be labelled as a Nissan.

So in other words, I'm not expecting PD to release anything.

Jenkins

image.jpg

My take on this:

The "Track visualizer" is a first step toward the track generator. At least, I hope. (And I am very hopeful!) But, in order to have a track generator worth anything, we will need to be able to share them.

Soo....

The Community Features are coming (Before or after the Senna content, who knows. But, really, that's a moot point.) And THEN we will get the course generator.

Personal positive thinking says that the course generator will come at the same time as the community features, but, it's not as necessary as the community features, so... I'll be happy to have them come, even if NOT at the same time. (And I see them letting us get used to using the community features before they give us another thing to play with.)

Well the community features is at the top of their list of things coming, was supposed to be here in Jan.
There was a track supposed to come in Feb both are overdue and neither is in the poll so I'm not sure what the point of the poll is.

As for what I would most like to have.

Community features including full leaderboard system and gifting options
Course creator

The point of the poll is to see how many people think each option will come first.
The fact that there are even more things missing from the game than I first thought really deepens my disappointment with the game. I'm sorry I can't add more options to the poll, wouldn't really be fair either with the other options having a head start though.

But, it's interesting to see how most have given up hope, voting for GT7 being next. Especially since I think that many of the ones who are fed up don't frequent the forum this really suggests that the disappointment is wide spread even among the diehard fans.

The point of the poll is to see how many people think each option will come first.
The fact that there are even more things missing from the game than I first thought really deepens my disappointment with the game. I'm sorry I can't add more options to the poll, wouldn't really be fair either with the other options having a head start though.

But, it's interesting to see how most have given up hope, voting for GT7 being next. Especially since I think that many of the ones who are fed up don't frequent the forum this really suggests that the disappointment is wide spread even among the diehard fans.

Given that the most likely things to be next were not in the poll the poll seems pointless.
I doubt many have given up and some are ticking that option just because it is there.

This is what happens when the powers that be give a "goal" (deadline). PD IS working, and they WILL continue to put out updates. How big and how many remains to be seen, but I see some major stuff coming before the GT5 servers shut down.

No game release "finished", now ....

That's an outright lie. PD doesn't release finished games, but plenty of developers do. Actually, as long as you don't work for/under EA or at PD, the game will likely be fully finished at release.

At least finished in the sense they contain everything advertised in pre-release promotion. Sure you could technically say no game is ever finished but there is always a final target state when you develop software. Most studios hit that target, PD constantly fail to do so.

New York International Auto Show next week... Jus' sayin', but could be a good opportunity for a VGT.

edit:

Also Beijing Auto Show in China towards the end of the month...

So that's two tickets aboard the hype train then :D

Last edited:
I hope they will release the community features..

I'm thinking like this:

1. I created a custom race event, and then it will be automatically shared (via facebook or something)
2. then my friends on facebook can click participate, then he can find the event added on his GT6

It can be anything, 1 vs 1 challenge, time trials, or even a massive tournament..
Ah endless possibilities with the community integrated features.

That's an outright lie. PD doesn't release finished games, but plenty of developers do. Actually, as long as you don't work for/under EA or at PD, the game will likely be fully finished at release.

:lol:

You should come out of your cave....

Actually, as long as you don't work for/under EA or at PD, the game will likely be fully finished at release.
I think EA has a much better track record when it comes to feature-completeness to be honest. ;) And Autolog is something I would fully support being copied by PD. 👍

Are you sure? I have NFS Rivals and even that feels complete. PD really needs to up their team, they can't keep on throwing out incomplete titles like GT5/GT6 and say they'll update them later. That's unhealthy. I'm confident GT7 will end up the same. :\

PoDi opted for this new method of development. You get use to that.

Personally, I think it's an excellent compromise, we have bases without waiting for 5 or more years .... But it's probably because I'm patient.

If you are not ok with that, nothing prevents you to go elsewhere.

Otherwise, there was Killzone Shadow Fall, where developers add new modes via patch, inFamous Second Son, where there was a big day-one patch that adds missions, etc.. Drive Club will have patches for dynamic weather, etc.

I quote only recent exclusive games by Sony. I have something else to do, sorry.

And it may be surprising, but few have moaned as you do.
They become used, simply, you have to adapt to your times.... Welcome in 2014.

Last edited:
PoDi opted for this new method of development. You must get used to.
Personally, I think it's an excellent compromise, we have bases without waiting for 5 or more years .... But it's probably because I'm patient....
I see. So it's okay for PD to release incomplete titles now, and finish them later... This is worrying.

If you are not ok with that, nothing prevents you to go elsewhere.
If they continue to throw out incomplete games and lie to the customers, I will go elsewhere because that's something one shouldn't take.

Otherwise, there was Killzone Shadow Fall, where developers add new modes via patch, inFamous Second Son, where there was a big day-one patch that adds missions, etc.. Drive Club will have patches for dynamic weather, etc.

I quote only recent exclusive games by Sony. I have something else to do, sorry.
Yeah let's not bring in non racing games into this please. Also, DriveClub hasn't been released yet, so how would you know it had a patch that includes dynamic weather? Source?

And it may be surprising, but few have moaned as you do.
They are used, simply, you have to adapt to your times.... Welcome in 2014.
I'm glad there are those who moan like me, because this is unacceptable.

I don't really know what will be in the next update...I imagine the community features will be the next "promised feature" added, but it won't be until after the Senna content. That's just my take on things.

Nothing interesting I bet. I would vote for Course Maker, but for the looks of it, it might take years before they finish it. I think it will be either another useless VGT or that Senna content which I (personally) don't have much (any) interest in.

Better sounds and fixed glitches is what I would hope for, and just after that, a better (not necessarily bigger) car list. But it ain't gonna happen neither in GT6 or GT7.

Last edited:
Back