Votes: 128 31.4%
  • Shuffle Racing

Votes: 11 2.7%
  • B-spec

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • GT 7: Prologue

Votes: 103 25.3%

• Total voters
I see. So it's okay for PD to release incomplete titles now, and finish them later... This is worrying.

I didn't want to wait 5 years, sorry.

If they continue to throw out incomplete games and lie to the customers, I will go elsewhere because that's something one shouldn't take.

If PoDi didn't reported that there would be updates, what would you say ? Simply : game is "finished". But, they preferred to be honest with us. So.... PoDi doesn't put a gun to your head, you can go ! 👍

Yeah let's not bring in non racing games into this please. Also, DriveClub hasn't been released yet, so how would you know it had a patch that includes dynamic weather? Source?

> http://playstationer.net/2013/07/05/driveclub-q-and-a/

Will there be weather effects?

This is actually a question that comes up quite a bit. Obviously, what we’re currently focussed on is getting the game perfect and building a community around it first, but if there is a call for weather effects, nothing is currently off the cards at this point. The game that you play day 1 on PlayStation 4 is not going to be the same game you play a year down the line because it will have evolved a lot. We’re keeping the development architecture of the tracks etc very much open. We’re not closing off anything just yet. Time of day is something that will be implemented at launch.

Last edited:
This is actually a question that comes up quite a bit. Obviously, what we’re currently focussed on is getting the game perfect and building a community around it first, but if there is a call for weather effects, nothing is currently off the
cards at this point.

@Zlork You obviously can't see the distinction so I'll point it out for you.

PD: "You are getting feature A,B,C,D etc, no if's and's or but's about it"

DriveClub: "If there is a call for weather effects [from the community presumably] then we'll add it later as we continue to develop the game"

Clear now? If you buy DriveClub, don't expect weather effects because no one is promising them to you before you buy the game. If you buy GT, expect A,B,C,D because PD has told you without reservation, that you will get them.

That guy must be trolling. That's the only explanation. If that's not the case, I give up.
I'm sure he's not, but he really shouldn't end the argument that way. You, me, and others will not accept something like that, because we have brains. Haha. :D:tup:

I didn't want to wait 5 years, sorry.
I know, and I respect that. That's why for a game as big as GT, PD needs to hire more people. 👍

If PoDi had not reported that there would be updates, what would you say ? Simply : game is "finished". But, they preferred to be honest with us. So.... PoDi doesn't put a gun to your head, you can go ! 👍
Well. I won't saying. BUT, if the game feels incomplete, however, I'll either voice about it in hopes they do finish it, or I'll just walk away if they take too long. Simple as that my friend. But alas, PD doesn't communicate, so there will be no way for them to hear me and others. :sly:

Just in case it wasn't noticed, they DID release a very nice foundation for community features with the new lobby options. I have not delved into them fully, but there is a time trial mode. With this, and 1320 foot custom tracks (Does ANYONE know how long a 1/4 mile is??!!!!) there could be an easy way to create drag races. I'm pretty pleased with the addition. We will see where it goes, but it's a nice direction.

Senna had passed, but GT:7 is again tied.

I wonder what cars we will get to drive 'as Senna'.
I'm looking forward to both the Lotus and the McLaren cars since we already have quite a few go-carts.

Am I being too optimistic?

GT Academy.

nothing new and no groundbreaking news, but maybe it's not useless

some short q&a with kaz (@Nordschleife) from last weekend (starts @ 1:27).

credit to MSP_Marok84

Couldn't follow that, something about steering, and everyone goading Frank into mentioning car sounds, with Kaz then admitting defeat and nodding, much to the approval of those gathered. The text then reads: "Mr. Yamauchi promised several new updates." So is that an admission that there will be a sound update? Or was it just a slip of the tongue..?

Anyway, any native speakers handy to properly decipher it?

Prologue can't appear until late summer at the earliest, and Fall is more likely. So I'd say the Senna DLC and community features, along with bug squashing like the pitstop bug. Much more than that will require some insight from E3, because it could be almost all GT7 from then on out.

Prologue can't appear until late summer at the earliest, and Fall is more likely. So I'd say the Senna DLC and community features, along with bug squashing like the pitstop bug. Much more than that will require some insight from E3, because it could be almost all GT7 from then on out.

PoDi are still working on GT6, first. The official website has been updated - Japan only - and the remaining 5 are always listed. So, it remains to be done, not to mention Senna contents....

Of course, part of the team must work on GT7 but it will not come out this year, Prologue or not.
Maybe they will release something, a demo for the GT Academy in 2015 but that's all.

Then, don't forget Drive Club. This isn't same type, but certainly, Sony don't release two racing games at the same time, they have never done :)

Honestly this is just sad it's been now 4 months since release and still no sign of anything major besides the GPS Data Logger which majority except a few don't care about. As someone said on the front page that should have been the last thing, but somehow it made it's way up the list of Adding Courses/Cars, Improving Sounds, etc etc.

GT has officially lost it's way I know people will say I have no say in this anymore since I sold my copy, but this is still pathetic.

It's getting to the point of no return basically for PD and Kaz and other racing games no matter how you look at them are becoming more enticing at this point in time.

Nailed it

GT Academy.

Couldn't follow that, something about steering, and everyone goading Frank into mentioning car sounds, with Kaz then admitting defeat and nodding, much to the approval of those gathered. The text then reads: "Mr. Yamauchi promised several new updates." So is that an admission that there will be a sound update? Or was it just a slip of the tongue..?

Anyway, any native speakers handy to properly decipher it?
Unfortunatley there isn't much to translate.
But, as you metioned above, kaz promised several new updates (no statement from kaz himself was shown in the video, there is only the text massage). furthermore he is aware of the bug after pit stops and last but not least, as someone mentioned car sounds several times --> kaz :D or :P or [insert trollface] (depending on your mood ;)

Imagine that instead of describing lines, they're describing things like modeling, texturing, anti-aliasing, lighting, networking, Nyquist theorem, Runga-Kutta method, orthonormal matrices etc.
Nobody is asking for that. Well, except maybe the networking part which is anything but "working" at the moment for many people.

Most of the people are asking for the promised/hyped features. GT5 was a good game and we all (stupidly) believed GT6 would be an extension or an evolution of it. That's not being overly demanding is it? It would basically be GT5 with added content and features. Instead, it is a step backwards in many important areas.

Nobody is asking for that. Well, except maybe the networking part which is anything but "working" at the moment for many people.

Most of the people are asking for the promised/hyped features. GT5 was a good game and we all (stupidly) believed GT6 would be an extension or an evolution of it. That's not being overly demanding is it? It would basically be GT5 with added content and features. Instead, it is a step backwards in many important areas.

Yes, they are. That is the point of the video: "non-technical" people "just don't get it", that's the joke.

A lot of business success revolves around appearance ("I can do anything; I'm an expert"), nobody really worries themselves too much with the substance ("You can't have 7 lines perpendicular to each other!"; "Who says?"; "Geometry."). Everybody is clamouring for the appearance of these features, without really stopping to think about their substance, and the techniques required to create that substance.

Obviously we all want the improvements, but a little bit of perspective goes a long way. Of course, other games have these features (with varying levels of substance), but it's more about integrating the substance of the new features alongside existing substance, by leveraging any combination of technology - the technology part people generally have zero concept of.

Hence your comment that people aren't "asking for" orthogonal matrices, completely ignoring their relevance to a 3D game engine e.g. rotations of objects, as a trivial example (my sound synthesis interest led me to research that exploits the properties of such matrices to take nice shortcuts with direct synthesis of engine sounds, if you need something a bit more abstract).

We don't know how much of the perceived delay is due to technical difficulties, but we don't know how much is due to PD's work ethic, their attitude or their ability to plan, either. Whichever you place weight on says more about you than it does PD.

Back