Polyphony Digital Inc. (PDI) and FIA to Form Long-term Partnership

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 653 comments
only four tracks?
Wow considering this is a game first you're being quite demanding lol

Need approval?
Will these tracks be better in any way if they slap a lame FIA blinking logo on the menu screen? :dopey:

Hype train for..... FIA badges on content we already have.
The internet. A marvelous place.
Buzz kills. Marvelous people. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
s_fia07.jpg

Has this been posted ? Looks like there will be 3 tier FIA championship :)
An FIA Sanctioned GT6 Online Racing Series. :drool:

Just this picture alone should get folks hyped. If only for the various cars which should be inevitably added.

Last edited:
It where be interesting to see where this partnership goes. Hopefully some good comes out of it.

This is what I get from this new news, my theory..

Grand Turismo is stepping away from driving simulator and aiming to transform into Motorsport simulator, with fia backing there corner exclusively atm, this gives pd considerable power with the manufactures its the biggest bargaining chip you could every play manufactures really don't care about cash trust me cash is just a sweetener with these deals. Prestige and adding value to there product is what they really care about. So in essence pd can go to any manufacturer now and say look what we could your product. Your vehicle would be able to drive around fia certified environments , that will show accurately what your product could do at these circuits but what do this mean for gt6 ?

I think probably nothing of any substance maybe one new track "maybe" as there is two spaces left on the track list and we know one should be zehara. But this do give good foundations to start gt7 with a bang how many assets have been held back for gt7 I am guessing a boat full and we should get quite a big evolution on the new hardware maybe not so much graphics wise and lets be honest Granturismo was never really lacking in that part but almost every area that was lacking or just prehistoric.

100% Porsche will be in Granturismo 7 in 2015 or I will eat my Cat

This is what I get from this new news, my theory..

Grand Turismo is stepping away from driving simulator and aiming to transform into Motorsport simulator, with fia backing there corner exclusively atm, this gives pd considerable power with the manufactures its the biggest bargaining chip you could every play manufactures really don't care about cash trust me cash is just a sweetener with these deals. Prestige and adding value to there product is what they really care about. So in essence pd can go to any manufacturer now and say look what we could your product. Your vehicle would be able to drive around fia certified environments , that will show accurately what your product could do at these circuits but what do this mean for gt6 ?

I think probably nothing of any substance maybe one new track "maybe" as there is two spaces left on the track list and we know one should be zehara. But this do give good foundations to start gt7 with a bang how many assets have been held back for gt7 I am guessing a boat full and we should get quite a big evolution on the new hardware maybe not so much graphics wise and lets be honest Granturismo was never really lacking in that part but almost every area that was lacking or just prehistoric.

100% Porsche will be in Granturismo 7 in 2015 or I will eat my Cat
Bye bye kitty :sly:

I'm shocked seeing all these pics of Kaz and Fittipaldi rubbing elbows, yet not even one mention by GTP of the Lotus 72. For shame!

Just like GT Academy, more features for the fastest drivers.

I never understood why people get excited about GT Academy, and I'll never understand why they would get excited about this. Are you the .001% thats actually fast enough to matter in these competitions? Otherwise whats the point?

Just like GT Academy, more features for the fastest drivers.

I never understood why people get excited about GT Academy, and I'll never understand why they would get excited about this. Are you the .001% thats actually fast enough to matter in these competitions? Otherwise whats the point?

something to strive for? You won't know until you try.

And holy crap, did anyone see the homepage announcement? The winner of the series will actually be awarded at the FIA ceremonies.

In other words, you could possibly be sitting at the same table as the F1 champion getting an award. It almost sounds absurd!

For all you skeptics out there, rather than looking at the glass half empty, why not look at it half full? Sure, it could lead to nowhere and just have the fancy FIA label, but it could also lead to something huge! The partnership is just a step in the door. What other dev can say the same thing?

The fact that the FIA is forming a partnership with a damn VIDEO GAME company is a milestone!
It is not half empty... it is completely empty... Again promises and collaborations for the future... where are the promised features for GT6? Who cares about a "certified" FIA track? What that does even mean?

It is not half empty... it is completely empty... Again promises and collaborations for the future... where are the promised features for GT6? Who cares about a "certified" FIA track? What that does even mean?

I don't understand how that is completely empty. Think for a second that this is a damn VIDEO GAME company partnering with the PINNACLE of motorsports. No other developer can claim this. You have to look at the bigger picture rather than complaining about missing features. That would be petty stuff.

Kaz is just solidifying his legitimacy here. But this is not to say that he's not working on missing features. He is! But the fact of the matter, having a parternship with the FIA COULD possibly bring more content than ever before. POSSIBILITIES!

Empty promises? Perhaps, but i'd rather not look at it that way.

Remember this is just the start, the online championship is spring next year so everyone may benefit from content added between now and then. It's probably too early to say "it'll benefit the fastest players again it's rubbish". Mr Todt put on the very 1st FIA conference last year at goodwood. It seems that he's very passionate about getting more and more people involved in motorsport all around the world. More accessible more inclusive and cheaper. This was his big idea last year and it would appear that gt has been his choice for introducing a virtual FIA event(s). I think this is fantastic for everyone. I'm certainly not gonna win but I will refrain from using that as the yardstick of its value. LOVE THIS MOMENTUM! :D

I don't understand how that is completely empty. Think for a second that this is a damn VIDEO GAME company partnering with the PINNACLE of motorsports. No other developer can claim this. You have to look at the bigger picture rather than complaining about missing features. That would be petty stuff.

Kaz is just solidifying his legitimacy here. But this is not to say that he's not working on missing features. He is! But the fact of the matter, having a parternship with the FIA COULD possibly bring more content than ever before. POSSIBILITIES!

Empty promises? Perhaps, but i'd rather not look at it that way.

With Kaz is always about some new projects that who knows they will ever see the light...

Latest Posts

Back