Votes: 85 21.0%
  • Good

Votes: 165 40.8%
  • not bad

Votes: 110 27.2%
  • I've seen better set ups at walmart

Votes: 73 18.1%

• Total voters
Do the T500 pedals work with the G27 on GT5? Cool rig, I like those shoes to.

I don't think you can, you have to have a bettanhausen adapter, which is then hooked up to a bodnar cable. They are hooked via usb, I don't play gt5 anymore, I almost all of my sim racing on iracing.

I don't think you can, you have to have a bettanhausen adapter, which is then hooked up to a bodnar cable. They are hooked via usb, I don't play gt5 anymore, I almost all of my sim racing on iracing.

That's sad that you're not going to play Gran Turismo 5 that much anymore. That means I can't drift with you :lol: .

here are some updated pics.... last time i posted i had the fanatec CSR but i sold it because i got tired of Forza really quick and could better use the $400 for some car parts i just got..so i broke back out my trusty DFGT added the granturgismo carbon paddel and face dress up kit and then added some headphones to the rig

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/2012043015145591.jpg/]

20120430151615922.jpg
[/URL]
20120430151348220.jpg

2012043015145591.jpg

20120430151435914.jpg

Last edited:
here are some updated pics.... last time i posted i had the fanatec CSR but i sold it because i got tired of Forza really quick and could better use the $400 for some car parts i just got..so i broke back out my trusty DFGT added the granturgismo carbon paddel and face dress up kit and then added some headphones to the rig
Looks nice and clean. I like all the silver and black. Strange to see a room so empty. All that empty space and no surround sound at all? I dont see speakers anywhere. You are not playing that with just the TV audio are you?

Looks nice and clean. I like all the silver and black. Strange to see a room so empty. All that empty space and no surround sound at all? I dont see speakers anywhere. You are not playing that with just the TV audio are you?

i use headphones they are ran from the TV under the cockpit so you cant see the cords...
i thought about speakers and a receiver but its just me playing and i only use that TV for GT5... when i have a new big game i want to play on PS3 i just move the system to my room with the big screen and home theater.... i keep my xbox in there though and get most multi platform games on 360 so i keep my PS3 just for GT

yeah the room is empty its like a living room but i dont use it....i just have that cockpit in there out of the way from everything else like its own dedicated area..

i use headphones they are ran from the TV under the cockpit so you cant see the cords...
i thought about speakers and a receiver but its just me playing and i only use that TV for GT5... when i have a new big game i want to play on PS3 i just move the system to my room with the big screen and home theater.... i keep my xbox in there though and get most multi platform games on 360 so i keep my PS3 just for GT

yeah the room is empty its like a living room but i dont use it....i just have that cockpit in there out of the way from everything else like its own dedicated area..
Oh ok that makes sense if you are using a headset. You must have a big house to have an extra room that you dont use.

^^ That's my aim of a perfect cockpit, use real interior pieces (cut to where the passenger seat starts), but also implementing perfectly set up audio/tactile in the small package.

^^ That's my aim of a perfect cockpit, use real interior pieces (cut to where the passenger seat starts), but also implementing perfectly set up audio/tactile in the small package.

It's my aim for a perfect cockpit too, but not sure if parents would allow me to use real car parts in my room, and it would take up too much space. I could see if I could at least get some real car gauges at least and attach them to my rig. But I wouldn't know how to make them work with Gran Turismo 5.

DSCF0407.jpg

DSCF0416.jpg

This is my first post here, but I finally bribed the wife into letting me build a sim race setup in our basement two months ago. It consists of a CSR Wheel with CSR Elite pedals and shifters, GTR GT frame, on a C4 Corvette Seat (because the stock racing seat did not, how you say, fit my 6'6" 290 lb. frame). I've got it hooked up to a Buttkicker Gamer with a 42" Sony LCD TV.

I just built a "shifter tunnel" for myself out of MDF and a whole lot of carbon fiber and red vinyl with 50 lbs of weight to keep it from moving. Right now, I'm running GT5 and Forza 4 but not PC sims yet as my wireless router signal isn't the best in the basement even with a repeater.

I intend on getting an armrest pad and cutting a hole in the shifter tunnel for a glovebox to store controllers, etc. I also plan on getting some more shakers mounted in the shifter tunnel, under the wheel itself and under the pedals.

That GT40 scale model is bad ass! Your rig looks great!

Last edited:
It's my aim for a perfect cockpit too, but not sure if parents would allow me to use real car parts in my room, and it would take up too much space. I could see if I could at least get some real car gauges at least and attach them to my rig. But I wouldn't know how to make them work with Gran Turismo 5.

A set-up such as that one takes up the exact same footprint as any other rig would... starts at your pedals and ends at the back-rest of the seat. It might look big but it's actually small and I'm sure it will fit through a door frame if you need to move it.

And no, you will not get the gauges working in GT5, only within PC games, but you could still have them light up to give you the authentic experience of chilling in a car.... in a parking lot... good enough. :)

This is my first post, here is my "customized" GTR GT frame. This setup is configured to play PS3 racing games as well as PC raging games and FPS games. Started with 23" monitor but have since upgraded to a 40"... I'm working on additional mods such as an e-brake and a few other things...

PSRacingSetup.jpg

IMG-20111231-00240.jpg

IMG-20111231-00239.jpg

IMG-20111231-00235.jpg

IMG-20111231-00232.jpg

IMG-20111231-00230.jpg

IMG-20111231-00229.jpg

IMG-20111231-00228.jpg

IMG-20111231-00227.jpg

IMG-20111231-00226.jpg

IMG-20111231-00225.jpg

IMG-20111231-00223.jpg

IMG-20120305-00020.jpg

IMG-20120305-00021.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, This is my first post, so just wanted to show off my homemade racing cockpit.
Built specifically for me and a mate to run the Le Mans 24 Hour, it's has my brand new G27, which i havent even plugged in yet, and an Xrocker seat, so i dont have to mess around with speaker.
There will be a 42" LED HD TV in front of it this weekend, the wife wants to watch Desperate Housewives in the lounge , for some reason.
So until then i'll just have to sit there making BROOM BROOM noises!

Can anyone recommend a good car for the 24 hr please?
7138628225_7088319f99_b.jpg

Last edited:

Post the link that has IMG in brackets please. That will post the images here in your post rather than taking us away from this thread to view your pix.

My bad, first post wasn't aware of the IMG in brackets to get images to display here rather than re-direct... Thx for the info..

This is my first post, here is my "customized" GTR GT frame. This setup is configured to play PS3 racing games as well as PC raging games and FPS games. Started with 23" monitor but have since upgraded to a 40"... I'm working on additional mods such as an e-brake and a few other things...

Pics

Lol I have the same keyboard.

That GT40 scale model is bad ass! Your rig looks great!

Nice setup, I also have the GTR frame. I think the GTR frame is awesome because there is no post between your legs. I modified mine a little, added a shifter mount and a larger platform for keyboard, mouse, game board and wheel. I like the use of the corvette seat!!

Back