Votes: 85 21.0%
  • Good

Votes: 165 40.8%
  • not bad

Votes: 110 27.2%
  • I've seen better set ups at walmart

Votes: 73 18.1%

• Total voters
Not a Man Cave, but a Family Cave... I built an entertainment center with everything I could think of, even built a custom pc for my racing, kids games, and TV viewing (TV Tuner card)... Any ways, at first I was attaching the wheel and shifter to my keyboard tray, but after noticing scratches, and scared of bending it up, I came up with a solution that involved using, a broken end table that was sitting in the basement and a TV Dinner tray... and heres the end results...
View attachment 149258 View attachment 149259 View attachment 149260
Once it gets a little warmer, and not raining, I'm gonna paint the thing matte black... And I only bring the TV up to the end of the desk like that while in "Racing Mode"... And as for the chair, I disconnected the speakers that are in the head rest, but kept the sub connected with the port completely blocked, to use as "Bass Feedback"... Everything runs thru a 7.1 channel Sony Receiver HDMI input, then out put to the TV... As for the PC, well... the only thing Acer about it, is the case... lol...

@redskinfan1982 nice set up, I would suggest that you might want to put the screen (tv) right behind you wheel on that little plank, instead of the remotes. Having the screen that much closer will give you a better FOV.
You do not have to leave it there always, just when using the SIM(s)

Just a little update of my game rig (Rear speakers stands).

fotografia_1.jpg

fotografia_2.jpg

fotografia_4.jpg

Cheers!

14JkvOD.jpg

My setup is still a work in progress, more pics here:

https://imgur.com/a/5dika

I'm looking at purchasing a R3volution cockpit and saw your setup. I wanted to confirm that the Warthog/A-10 HOTAS package includes both the throttle mount and stick mount. The pictures on imgur show that your throttle mount has a short horizontal length. The shifter mount that you use looks like what comes with the base package and the email I got from the US company (Main Performance PC) says that only the stick mount is included in the Warthog package.

With luck I'll be able to get cockpit like yours in the near future. :)

ericleroi - Just a quick question... Do you build all that stuff by hand, modify them, or but them like that... I saw the pic of the race rig build, so that I know, But the one I'm interested in, is the stand-up arcade... Man, those things are so sweet lookin... Someday... Someday... (< note to self)...

ericleroi - Just a quick question... Do you build all that stuff by hand, modify them, or buy them like that... I saw the pic of the race rig build, so that I know, But the one I'm interested in, is the stand-up arcade... Man, those things are so sweet lookin... Someday... Someday... (< note to self)...

Hi redskinfan, with the exception of the desk (which is heavily modified - custom front, sides, monitor shelf, surface etc - i.e. pretty much DIY), everything else is scratch built. If you're interested in the build process for the arcade cabinet, I put a log together here:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,95907.0.html

That log also covers the desk modifications.

It was build in 2009 but I have updated it at regular intervals to make it more like the original cabinet on which the deign is based. The updates are also logged.

ericleroi-- Oh wow!... this stuff is right up my alley, with the emu's and stuff... I don't know how I've never come across this before!... Thank you very much man!... My Fall and Winter times gonna be fun for me and the Mrs.!... Once again thanks so much!...

Nick Moxley -- Spot on... 100% agreed... and like I said before, I got some winter time projects now, thanks to ericleroi... And I just ordered me a new projector, to replace the Favi LED, (gonna hand that to my daughters), Im gonna try and incorperate that into my setup...

My setup (already shared in Asetto Corsa forum so I will copy/paste description here as well).
For about 2 years I was using G27 & wheel stand but after upgrade to CSW this summer it was clear that I needed something more stable.
My top 1 choice would be Human Racing GT chassis but due to many reasons I had to search for some other simrig (HR GT currently has no Fanatec CSS support + huge shipping costs + customs tax on import +VAT).
So I did some research and finally decided on RS1. It is rock solid (like really rock solid not like some wobbly ones that shake the wheel deck while driving). Quality is very good and it does not take that much space as well.
Only con is that it's quite heavy - it would be hard to move it on carpet. Now when I'm not using it I just slide it in the corner. Other con could be pedal plate flex if you will have some heavy duty pedals but with CSP it's not that noticable.
If someone is looking for more info about RS1 then check out Darin's video @ISR youtube channel. I already have Fanatec CSS mounting kit for RS1 but it's not installed since I don't have CSS yet.

cds0EjX.jpg

lPMIYEO.jpg

5NRSrTB.jpg

0BUTVs2.jpg

My wheel setup I made relatively quickly and rigged up to fit my coffee table. The wheel deck can be removed in 2 minutes with the three wingnuts to make space again. Everthing is rock solid, better than any $500 store-bought setups that seamingly always have a bit of flex.

Made with scrap wood and a super comfortable office chair with lumbar support.. the heavy duty shifter mount is supposed to support a handbrake as well and keep it self planted firmly.. thing weighs in at 25kg.. future upgrade : )

I know this is an older thread, But I didn't wanna start a whole new one to update pic of my new set up in my Man/Family Cave... I FINALLY got tired of using a broken end table, I shown before, as a racing stand (did the job but was top heavy even with a tv on top, and almost tipped it a few times... And tryin' to race and drive plus worryin' about breaking something was effecting my experience, and taking the fun factor outta it)... So, Using leftover wood at my G'Parents farm, I decided to build my own Racing stand, with a supported ledge, to hold my TV, "snug" but not tight so I can move it back to my desk... And I can move the stand around... I sat down, thought about height, lenghth, and width, wrote down the measurements, and went to town... I decided to use wood, so I can add on other things more easily, like trip screens at a later date... Plus I use a gaming chair that, to me is the perfect height and feel for this setup its an X Rocker Wireless Pedestal Gaming Chair ... Haven't painted it yet, but it will be matte black... I thought I'd share my new setup with you all... So, here it is... and Let me know what you think... (there will be a new v2 wheelbase, Porsche 918 rim, with a clubsport shifter sq added to it come tax time)...

The First steps...
10608753_1487901691473433_3232757031948287589_o.jpg

The Finished Product (minus the paint job)...
IMG_20141008_005502.jpg

IMG_20141008_005452.jpg

The TV ledge is supported by 2 2x4's, with a 4x4, up against the back... This thing does NOT wiggle one bit... and the tv doesn't wobble at all either... (Pardon the cable mess... lol... I'll be running better cable management soon...)

IMG_20141008_005513(1).jpg

I have a few 7" tablets that I use for certan PC sims, for button boxes (Roccat Power grid), dashboard type programs (dashmeter pro, and Dashboard from simracing-tools.de)... Yeah I know its the cheapo route, but it works just fine for me... lol...

WP_20141008_004.jpg

And as for the POV from how I sit on my game chair...

WP_20141008_003.jpg

And she's all held together by nothin' but these...

WP_20141008_002.jpg

And there she is so far... I know this is a long post, but Its part of my "family cave"... And I really didn't wanna start a whole new thread for this... Like I said, this thing doesn't wobble, lean, tilt, shake, nothing... I made sure that if I was gonna finally break down and do this, I was gonna make one that'll last wheel, after wheel... I know there are small things left to do to it, like cable management, It'll get there... and maybe someday, I'll add on an actual race seat... that won't be done till I get the new wheel setup... Anyways sorry for the long post, I just didn't wanna leave anything out... Let me know what you think... and like I said before, Its wood, so add-ons will be easy... It was either do this, or spend $200+ in a folding stand (a friend has an omega, nice, but cashy)... I'd rather spend that twords my new wheel... lol... Plus,I'm likin' this better... lol...

Thanks Guys,
TheHollander

P.S. Sorry about the quailty of some of the pics... My windows phone died, so I had to used the 'ol xperia play... Does the trick, but not as well... lol...

Back