• Good

Votes: 165 40.8%
  • not bad

Votes: 110 27.2%
  • I've seen better set ups at walmart

Votes: 73 18.1%

• Total voters
Here's my setup!

I didn't do much to it other than removing the paddle shifters and wrapped a bandanna around the hub/steering column/boss (inspired by Katsuhiro Ueo's D1 AE86). If my old G27 (green box) was working still, it would have the Brass Optical Encoder by CM Laser Service xD! I plan on doing future upgrades to it like AP Electrix load-cell brake mod, upgrade the wheel piece to a Momo Lenkrad Typ D35, Personal Pole Position or Nardi Classic (350mm possibly). Possibly make a new rig w/ reverse-mounted pedals, separate shift mount, etc. Possibly get a Bride Zeta II seat OR Recaro SP-G (Carbon Kevlar). I don't know, just future plans :P

Parts used for my setup?
- Desk from Wal-Mart lol (remove some parts to fit the TV and PC)
- 2 shoe boxes (Nike, & Converse) to hold bottom side of pedals
- Dr.Dre's Box, 4 old Diary of Wimpy Kid books (lmao yeah...Grade 6 stuff ftw..), and bootleg Simpsons DVD Box Set to hold front side in an angle
- Wood pieces to keep pedals steady
WP_20140422_001.jpg WP_20140422_002.jpg WP_20140422_003.jpg WP_20140422_004.jpg WP_20140422_005.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up this original playseat classic off of ebay for 30.00 dollars and adapted stuff to work. G27 mounted up top with fanatec elite pedals taken of there base and hard mounted on the bottom. Shifter mounted in a great position also. Not to shabby for a 30.00 dollar chance.

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Pic 3.jpg
    Pic 3.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 15
I thought I've seen that setup before...

When I finally get my GranStand (I got the seat yesterday), I'll post it.

It's always nice to own a piece of WRC history and now in my posession is Petter Solbergs old Sim racing cockpit from his Subaru days, it was built by Prodrive specifically for him.

DSCF0268-Edited_zpsbe696b3c.jpg

The frame is constructed from roll cage tubing and the wheel platform is hinged to help with access. The seat is on an easy adjustable slide rail and is an older WRC spec Kevlar item which possibly could have come from one of Solbergs... or even Burns, McRaes or Sainz's old works cars? I'm gonna do some research on that.. it would be quite emotional if that did turn out to be the case.

I have a Fanatec GT2, CSP pedals which I'm going to invert and a 50" plasma ready to be added once I find the time. :)

Last edited:
So, I had this

20140302_211306.jpg

Clean up the space, it´s not a man cave, it´s more like a man´s corner....:lol:
20140426_204438.jpg

And did this, custom made by my uncle to my specifications, everything is adjustable....
20140426_225026.jpg
20140428_000137_LLS.jpg
20140428_200353.jpg
20140428_200630.jpg
20140426_225108.jpg
20140426_225118.jpg

If anyone like it and whant some help or measures, just send me a pm:tup:

Attachments

• 20140426_225058.jpg
    20140426_225058.jpg
    619.8 KB · Views: 13
Not a Man Cave, but a Family Cave... I built an entertainment center with everything I could think of, even built a custom pc for my racing, kids games, and TV viewing (TV Tuner card)... Any ways, at first I was attaching the wheel and shifter to my keyboard tray, but after noticing scratches, and scared of bending it up, I came up with a solution that involved using, a broken end table that was sitting in the basement and a TV Dinner tray... and heres the end results...
rig2.jpg
Rig3.jpg
Rig4.jpg

Once it gets a little warmer, and not raining, I'm gonna paint the thing matte black... And I only bring the TV up to the end of the desk like that while in "Racing Mode"... And as for the chair, I disconnected the speakers that are in the head rest, but kept the sub connected with the port completely blocked, to use as "Bass Feedback"... Everything runs thru a 7.1 channel Sony Receiver HDMI input, then out put to the TV... As for the PC, well... the only thing Acer about it, is the case... lol...

Last edited:
Here is my setup, although very basic:

10294356_446490938828194_2898611207974562541_n.jpg

A Playseat Revolution with a G27. The seat is covered in vinyl, and I wish I`d got the alcantara seat cover instead... Anyways, I`ve had this seat for 6 months, and it replaced my Playseat Rookie (Which is an awful plastic seat. I love the Revolution though. Comfortable, and easy to find a good seating position, even though I`m 1.90 meters tall. The seat also supports my weight easily (I`m quite on the heavy side of 88 kg.)
I won`t replace the Playseat in the near future, but the G27 (Which is soon 5 years old.) will most likely be changed to a T500 (If it has PS4 compatability) or another wheel.

Note: Sorry for the bad quality, it was taken with my old iPhone.

Hi from Portugal!

Finally i got a decent setup to play. For now, i only play GT6 on PS3, but I hope to get get a decent computer to start playing other sims like rFactor or iRacing.

My setup have:

Homemade structure
Sparco Junior bucket seat
Logitech G27
Creative 5500 with Digital 5.1 sound (i have to buy some stands for the rear speakers)
Panasonic PT-AE7000U - 720p Projector - 60'' to 110'' image

Here are some pictures of my game setup:

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image4.jpg

image9.jpg

image8.jpg

I hope you enjoy and give me your feedback to improve ;)

Cheers!

Sérgio Morlim

Very nice Sergio, simple, clean and solid, not sure I could suggest much to improve that.

Maybe......

If I had a projector I would definately try and emulate Remco Hitmans SuperFOV set up with the wheel protruding through the projector screen, its as close to realism as you'll get.

See...

Thanks Mayamen and Paul Hope!

Paul if i do that my fiancee will kill me LOL but should be fantastic drive like that ;)

Now i have to buy a PC to start playing another kind of sims like rFactor ou iRacing.

Sergio, I run triple projectors and once you go projector you never go back LOL. If the girl has a problem with it you could do a portable projection screen. When I first started that is what I did and I build a portable projector mount out of a closet pole, the base from an ergotron monitor stand, and the top part from a camera tripod.

With a little imagination and elbow grease you can accomplish so many things. If you check my post history, there is a thread with lots of pictures of my projector mount. So easy to make, and when done you can move it back to the closet so the wife doesn't kill you. :)

PM me if you also want details on how to make a poor mans pseudo motion.

Mayaman i try to find your post history but i can't...could you tell me the direct link?
When i get the PC i will think about the 3 projectors....now with PS3 it's not possible (because i don't want to buy another 2 PS3) ;)

Mayaman i try to find your post history but i can't...could you tell me the direct link?
When i get the PC i will think about the 3 projectors....now with PS3 it's not possible (because i don't want to buy another 2 PS3) ;)

Hehe understood, I also run 3 PS3 and its great. If you stay with three flat projection panel you don't even need special software. Its easy really, you just need the dedicated space. Tell the wife she can buy as many shoes as she wants then you get your sim room! LOL

Let me find the thread and I'll post it.

Mayaman your setup is amazing! In future (if i have any aditional budget) i will follow your ideia ;)
What i will try to do soon is the pedals mod to separate them a little more (like you have done it), and maybe change the spring of the brake pedal (the Perfect Pedal is too much expensive for now).

Mayaman your setup is amazing! In future (if i have any aditional budget) i will follow your ideia ;)
What i will try to do soon is the pedals mod to separate them a little more (like you have done it), and maybe change the spring of the brake pedal (the Perfect Pedal is too much expensive for now).

My sim room will be much better now in my new house, those pics were from my small apartment, now I have much more room. Let me know if you need any pointers or advice. I can show you how to make things cheap.

My sim room will be much better now in my new house, those pics were from my small apartment, now I have much more room. Let me know if you need any pointers or advice. I can show you how to make things cheap.

Thanks Mayaman. I like the part of "make things cheap" ;) I will tell you something as soon as i decide to make any improvements.

Yesterday i made a video just to test...one lap at Nurburgring with the Nismo GT R ;)

I hope you like ;)

project1.jpg
Makes me wanna dig out the ol' Favi LED... I may have to set it up, with my wheel... The part that sucks, is that the wife uses it for a bedroom tv, with netflix, amazon, and tv tuner in her laptop... but once in awhile I'll sneak a system in there when she's at work... lol...
office1.jpg

And this is my setup without the "wheel Stand"... My daughter loves to jam out on this thing with her bass... I also have the Pool Shark Controller, since I don't have room for the table here, and we play Virtual pool on it... Sry, I wanted to post this to the other pic, but things got busy...

Last edited:
Back