Post your Top Speed !! - Wheelie Trick

• Thread starter JMURDER367
  • 989 comments
275 mph in a Cadillac Cien with NOS. I ran minimum downforce, and lots of camber (in real life camber hides a bit more of the tire in the wheel well, reducing wind resistance, though I doubt the game included that). I put no toe because there isn't any initial acceleration at those speeds great enough to cause the shafts to twist. Lastly, the car was at near perfecting balance in terms of gearing- a shorter gear woulld have limited the top speed by wind resistance, and a slightly higher gear would make it rev-limited.

Still ''only'' 291mph with the Cien, but Iam getting closer. The funny thing is that the Cien is faster at La Sarthe at the straight than at the test course. :dunce:

I-Runner
it could be interesting to have an absolute speed tread/topic for cars
with max speed under 300mph ..
Then I'd win, because my Mazda 787B recorded 299.99mph ;)

Anyway, I wouldn't like to put you all to shame but it's about time a link for the 'officially unofficial' list of verified non-wheelie 300mph-plus speeds was put here.

Think of it as a celebration for our 300th entry's addition :)

The Three Hundred Mile Per Hour Club Leaderboard

DE

It's not really tuning and/or settings, the title is just 'Post your Top Speed !!' - nothing about settings. Yes, it involves tuning, but it's more general than the Tunings and Settings forum. Am I right?

DE

Well *apparently*, racerx (no, I will not sped the effort to type that name exactly!) has already breached 390. I believe a TS020 was used- And I'll stop there.

FormulaGT

Hmm, I notice your mention of NTSC. Brings back vague memories of a debate in the 300mph Club over a possible difference in the physics engine between NTSC and PAL games, but I think we discounted that possibility.

And it seems I'm hijacking this thread, so I'll shut up now ;)

DE

No, DE keep talking please :)

This guy I know, he lives in Texas, and he said he broke 400mph. But that's on network play - and he claims his GT-One has over 2000hp without the use of GameShark. He actually provided the photo as well - but do network play give more HP to cars? One of his friends was arguing with me over my 349mph top speed saying its impossible to achieve without wheelieing. And he hates cheating (he called me a cheater) so I doubt that the guy I know in Texas uses cheat codes for the speed.

This guy I know, he lives in Texas, and he said he broke 400mph. But that's on network play - and he claims his GT-One has over 2000hp without the use of GameShark. He actually provided the photo as well - but do network play give more HP to cars? One of his friends was arguing with me over my 349mph top speed saying its impossible to achieve without wheelieing. And he hates cheating (he called me a cheater) so I doubt that the guy I know in Texas uses cheat codes for the speed.
I don't know about the 2000BHP part, but by using a 390mph setup, and then drafting/slipstreaming another car doing similar speeds, 400+ would be possible.

The other guy should just look at my YouTube profile, and then decide again if you need to wheelie to reach 349mph or such.

The NTSC GT-One difference theory is certainly interesting. The only way to test it though would be to find someone with the NTSC version willing to give away a 360mph or higher setup (stable and reproduceable), which PAL users could test. Or maybe someone with both versions testing a fast NTSC setup on thier PAL copy. I'd certainly be interested in the results, especially if there is a difference.

No, DE keep talking please
:lol: Well, if you insist...

Even if there is a difference, MS, it would likely be so small that you wouldn't notice it in a side-by-side test, and it could take dozens of runs to see the averages look any different between the two. But it would be interesting.

DE

Well, maybe. Until I start actually going for the LSR in a GT-One, I don't suppose I'll ever be able to tell any difference. I imagine they'll be the same codes, but what makes you think it'd be such a large difference?

DE

Because if they were the same, I'd probably have held the 300mph club LSR at least once by now, hehe... only joking! 👍

Instead with that car, I'm almost 30mph off! :nervous:

You must admit that's a little strange...

MS, although I haven't tried the GT-One for ages, I might have to soon. I can believe that it is very odd, and totally different from all the other 300mph cars - in fact, the R34 Skyline was something rather unique. But, maybe I'll find four and a half million lying around somewhere and actually get myself a new one. Try something totally stupid with yours, and see if it helps :P

GTElite
I have a skyline who yesterday came to 286km/h
Add another 200km/h, and you're getting closer to me ;)

DE

The R34 is 4WD though right? Theres a tuning trick for certain 4WD cars which can gain 20+mph if implemented perfectly.

The GT-One isn't 4WD though...

...and I've tried loads of stupid stuff with all my cars, mundane is for slower people, heh. :)

Back