Project CARS - Logitech Wheels NOT Supported on PS4

• Thread starter biffdiver
  • 2,132 comments
So basically.. Im mainly for the protest of supporting logitech wheel..

But I'm guessing it's not ever gonna be compatiable without messing with something..

I'm saying good bye to consoles.. No money for PC.. No money for new thrust master.. BS!!!!

This grinds everyone gears.. BS!!!

I've wanted to upgrade to a t500rs th8 combo anyway, so this is a good excuse to do so. I really do hope something does get figured out with Logitech, it won't be as great online without many of you with those wheels. My g27 started up when I hooked it up to the ps4, hopefully that's not all it can do! Bs, I'd be furious. I can just picture being in this position with the t500rs and a Playstation 5.. thankfully we will always have Live For Speed lol

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but......

Looks like Logitech G27, G25, & DFGT NOT likely to be supported on PS4.

Project CARS announced official controllers for PS4 and Logitech is not on the PS4 list. Given that Project CARS extensive wheel support list for PC, I really believe that if it could have been possible, Logitech would have made the list for PS4.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/beyond-reality-wheels-pedals-controllers

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/beyond-reality.html

Hard to believe we'll have to spend more than what the console costs to get a decent sim setup. About double if you want the clutch and shifter.
same problem with Fanatec wheels, only Thrustmaster work, how come?????

Yeah. Although 500,- for a base and then you'd need wheel rim and pedals on top of that, might be a bit much for most console players. :)

JvM
Yeah. Although 500,- for a base and then you'd need wheel rim and pedals on top of that, might be a bit much for most console players. :)

Yeah I was looking into it.. seems like a really nice base. But for console people, if you already own an Xbox One you might already have a TX, and if you have both and are looking for a PS4 wheel the T300 should be about $399 with a decent wheel and sub par pedals.. if you get upgraded pedals and a shifter, they can be shared between the TX and the T300 - really the total cost is not much different if you pick the lowest cost pedals and shifters from Fanatec if you want to support both consoles.

No basses on quality or which is better just to get a full functional setup with base, wheel, 3 pedals, and shifter

Thrustmaster option for singe console PS4
Wheel+base $399
T3PA pedals= $100 (estimated)
Shifter = $150 (estimated)
Total $649

Thrustmaster option for Both Consoles
T300 = $399
TX = $320 (on sale currently but has been lower)
Total = $969

Fanatec Option for Both Consoles
Base = $600 (or reduced $500)
PS4 Wheel? No idea guess pulled out of my ass= $150
Xbox One Wheel - same as above = $150
CSR pedals = $80
lowest cost shifter set CSR = $60
Total = $1040 (reduced $940)

Yeah. Also players that really plan to play driving games on both consoles are quite rare I think. My choice I think, would be T300 + CSR-E pedals (load cell) with the adapter, for PC + PS4 use. If/when I get the money for it. :)

Then in US we all can wait til black Friday or cyber monday.. I'm sure it's a real big deal then.. for us console racers..

Wondering if anybody knows the price of last year black Friday or cyber Monday, please share.

No basses on quality or which is better just to get a full functional setup with base, wheel, 3 pedals, and shifter

Thrustmaster option for singe console PS4
Wheel+base $399
Total $649

Thrustmaster option for Both Consoles
T300 = $399
TX = $320 (on sale currently but has been lower)
Total = $969

Fanatec Option for Both Consoles
Base = $600 (or reduced $500)
PS4 Wheel? No idea guess pulled out of my ass= $150
Xbox One Wheel - same as above = $150
CSR pedals = $80
lowest cost shifter set CSR = $60
Total = $1040 (reduced $940)

You're forgetting two points:
1) Thrustmaster gear goes down in price quite quickly, so if you want to compare like with like then you'd only be buying the TM stuff at the same time as Fanatec's release of their rims. This means Christmas for one of the two wheels. Second wheel would be an unknown time later.
But in reality you'd be buying Thrustmaster during sales (Black Friday).
2) while I accept that the T3PA pedals are somewhere in the same class as the CSR pedals, there's no way you can compare the TH8A with the crappy CSR plastic shifter (I'm allowed to say that since I own their Porsche shifter set and have used it quite a bit). You'd need to compare with the Clubsport shifter.

same problem with Fanatec wheels, only Thrustmaster work, how come?????

To my knowledge, the legacy Thrustmaster wheels are not working yet on PS4, but Project CARS listed them as a supported device. I'll speculate that an additional purchase & firmware upgrade will be required for PS4 compatibility.

JvM
Yeah. Also players that really plan to play driving games on both consoles are quite rare I think. My choice I think, would be T300 + CSR-E pedals (load cell) with the adapter, for PC + PS4 use. If/when I get the money for it. :)

It was my understanding that on a PC the Thrustmaster wheel & the Fanatic pedals are separate USB devices (I could be wrong, I don't own the CS pedals). I'd be careful before spending the $$ on the CS pedals. I don't think the PS4 will work in the same way as a PC.

You're forgetting two points:
1) Thrustmaster gear goes down in price quite quickly, so if you want to compare like with like then you'd only be buying the TM stuff at the same time as Fanatec's release of their rims. This means Christmas for one of the two wheels. Second wheel would be an unknown time later.
But in reality you'd be buying Thrustmaster during sales (Black Friday).
2) while I accept that the T3PA pedals are somewhere in the same class as the CSR pedals, there's no way you can compare the TH8A with the crappy CSR plastic shifter (I'm allowed to say that since I own their Porsche shifter set and have used it quite a bit). You'd need to compare with the Clubsport shifter.

Correct - on both accounts. I just did not want to assume a sale price when the wheel is not released here yet, and I did mention No basses on quality or which is better just to get a full functional setup with base, wheel, 3 pedals, and shifter

I am really hoping for a sale on the T300 but I am pretty impatient, if I have a copy of pCars and no wheel to use for my PS4 I wont wait long :D

It was my understanding that on a PC the Thrustmaster wheel & the Fanatic pedals are separate USB devices (I could be wrong, I don't own the CS pedals). I'd be careful before spending the $$ on the CS pedals. I don't think the PS4 will work in the same way as a PC.

Indeed they are normally separate on PC, and wouldn't work like that on console. But like I mentioned, with the adapter it should work, as it does with TX and T500.

I'm hoping Thrustmaster offer a package with the T300RS wheel but with the better 3 pedals option instead of the ones that come as standard (2 pedals). It would save a little bit which all helps.

Are there any other manufacturers who might fill the value for money void left by Logitech?

I'm hoping Thrustmaster offer a package with the T300RS wheel but with the better 3 pedals option instead of the ones that come as standard (2 pedals). It would save a little bit which all helps.

I emailed them awhile back about that and was basically told it was not going to happen.

Your message:
Will the new Thrustmaster T300 be available in different bundles? For example... With the T500 pedals or the T3PA pedals? or with No Pedals?

We thank you for reaching us regarding your inquiry.

The product will be available only in the form already announced on our Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/ThrustmasterRacingTeam?fref=ts

If future version of it, containing the T500RS pedal set or no pedal set, will ever be created they will first be announced on both the Facebook page and our official commercial website.

Is it possible for someone to hack the wheel or ps4 in order for the G27 and GT wheels to work?

I heard of some PS2's & PS3's being "chipped", maybe we'll start to hear of some PS4's being "de-chipped"! I am of course referring to the "security" chip, or "GREED" chip as I call it.

:D

Like many on this forum, I am a G27 owner and a GT5 / GT6 player. We have to hope that at some point during the dev process, someone in the organisation is going to wake up to the fact that not having G27 drivers available is going to result in loss of sales for Sony and pCars. I will not be buying a PS4 or pCars without the wheel support. The juice is just not worth the squeeze, and I am not playing a racing game with a controller. It beggars belief that one of the most highly anticipated sim racing releases could be realised without the support of the genres most popular wheel.

Like many on this forum, I am a G27 owner and a GT5 / GT6 player. We have to hope that at some point during the dev process, someone in the organisation is going to wake up to the fact that not having G27 drivers available is going to result in loss of sales for Sony and pCars. I will not be buying a PS4 or pCars without the wheel support. The juice is just not worth the squeeze, and I am not playing a racing game with a controller. It beggars belief that one of the most highly anticipated sim racing releases could be realised without the support of the genres most popular wheel.

It has nothing to do with either PCars or SMS it beggars belief people still think it is, it interests me what all the people that refuse to buy Project Cars for this reason are going to use as a sim?

It is already too late for Sony. Most people made their decision and builded a new PC for Pcars because of Sony is doing the MS security chip **** thing too with the ps4 and forcing people to PC. Even if they announce that Fanatec/Logitech wheels will work with PS4, it is too late. I also made my decision and even thinking of selling my PS4. After what I have seen on PC, I don´t need GT7 anyway.

It is already too late for Sony. Most people made their decision and builded a new PC for Pcars because of Sony is doing the MS security chip **** thing too with the ps4 and forcing people to PC. Even if they announce that Fanatec/Logitech wheels will work with PS4, it is too late. I also made my decision and even thinking of selling my PS4. After what I have seen on PC, I don´t need GT7 anyway.

I don't know about what most people are doing as I haven't seen any surveys with any statistics, but I'm sure I'm not alone in sticking with Sony. I have an aging G25 that has seen better days (to say the least) & as a result I've been thinking about getting a new wheel. Fanatec are bringing out a new Clubsport V2 that will support older pedals, shifters & rims (& with new rims that will provide support for new gen consoles), also there's the Thrustmaster options. I really dislike what both Sony & Microsoft have done with regard to legacy compatibility & would've preferred to go the PC route, but I really couldn't justify the cost of building a gaming PC with the grunt needed to run PCARS with the settings I'd prefer. I guess time will tell & we'll see what most people decide to do, but I'm pretty confident there'll be plenty of people playing PCARS on next gen consoles.

I don't know about what most people are doing as I haven't seen any surveys with any statistics, but I'm sure I'm not alone in sticking with Sony. I have an aging G25 that has seen better days (to say the least) & as a result I've been thinking about getting a new wheel. Fanatec are bringing out a new Clubsport V2 that will support older pedals, shifters & rims (& with new rims that will provide support for new gen consoles), also there's the Thrustmaster options. I really dislike what both Sony & Microsoft have done with regard to legacy compatibility & would've preferred to go the PC route, but I really couldn't justify the cost of building a gaming PC with the grunt needed to run PCARS with the settings I'd prefer. I guess time will tell & we'll see what most people decide to do, but I'm pretty confident there'll be plenty of people playing PCARS on next gen consoles.
Assuming your wheel was still working, the cost of a PC that will run PCars at PS4 specs is about the same as a new wheel + PS4. On top of that, with a PC your wheel options are wide open and you can buy or use anything currently available and aren't limited to a tiny selection of approved wheels and it's also likely that prices of older product will come down when the new generation of wheels are fully released. The PC route also opens up access to Assetto Corsa (and other sims) which has the best feedback to the wheel (G27) I've ever experienced, and is well worth the price even with it's small car and track selection, just for the sheer joy of driving cars in that game. If PCars is along those same lines and it looks like it is, those two games alone are worth the investment.

I'm surprised how many people on this forum seem to just immediately jump ship to PC because of one game. I'm sticking with my PS4 even if I can't use my DFGT because I don't just play racing sims, there's Uncharted coming, the Order, and PSN is where ALL my friends are. I respect your decision, but to say every one will go to PC because of wheel support is a brash statement.

well guys, i see many want just to avoid ultra expensive new wheels, because having a working logitech and being forced to buy a 369€ T300rs is a pain, expecially for those do not ask for high end wheels and maybe already have a DFGT.

Fyi there is a low end wheel also by thrustmaster with force feedback and it's the T100. It's just a bit lower than a driving force gt in quality, but it has force feedback (way better than T80 bungee cords) and it's supported by project cars and works on ps4.

On amazon italy is about 90€.

It is not only the problem to buy a new wheel. I have an Fanatec GT2 and I will also buy the V2 Base. As @Johnnypenso said, it is more the thing that on PC there are so many great Sims you don´t have on PS4. And you can use any hardware like Dashboards, shifters etc. and you can use them forever. I can swear that MS/Sony will avoid that the actual expensive wheels you bought for PS4/Xbone won´t work on PS5/Xbone2.

@Johnnypenso @Sele1981 I totally agree with you guys that for sim racing the PC is by far the more attractive option, particularly considering the wealth of other driving/racing sims (plus the price of them) and hardware available. As I said I would've preferred to go the PC route & I gave it some serious consideration for quite some time. My dream set up would've been a PC that could've run PCARS (and other sims) on ultra settings, I figured if I was going for a PC I would've wanted to future proof it to some degree. Sadly I'm in a situation where literally every cent counts (cough Austerity measures) I had to sell my PS3 to offset the cost of a new wheel & pedals. Happily I have just been gifted a PS4 so it became a no brainer to go that route, I suppose I could've sold that along with my G25 (it still works but showing it's age, someone may have picked up up as a cheap secondhand starter wheel) but even then I still wouldn't be able to get the set up I'd prefer.

Having said all that, my original point is that I still don't believe that it's too late for Sony or Microsoft & that there'll still be plenty of people enjoying PCARS on current gen consoles.

Last edited:
good day today, i just sold my ps3 for 80€ and my 2009 dfgt for 70€. 150€ to invest in a new combo.
A friend also offered me a new ps4 for 320€ but i think i'll wait PCars release as i want to be sure it works as it should be on ps4 and the wheel works properly too... cause if i have to buy a t300rs and then spend ages to get the feeling right, messing with setting likes codemaster games on consoles...mmm. I'm a bit worried cause last SMS product on console (shift2) had a terrible wheel support. Expect for GT games usually it's a pain to set the wheel on console, i didn't care with a cheap dfgt but now i do.

Latest Posts

Back