PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup | Grand Finale Results & Points Posted!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,144 comments
Wardez
Did this one using Tim's (Dr_Watson) set-up combined with a tweaked transmission (final drive's 2.500) after realizing CSL's points.

This was only my second lap on track after I changed some gearing, so if this was my first flyer in qualifying it would've been great!

Hope some of you will find the video helpful:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br0akyE4XgQ">YouTube Link</a>

'58.697 - not a single wall grazed.

:bowdown:

Thank you all for the warm welcome. As for 'ol Nigel, you give him more credit than we do at RIP! LOL.

(Not really, Welsh is a brother from another mother. :)

A bit bigger community over here than our quaint little team. Great work fealls.

CSLACR

Which did you set first? I did it both ways, one way makes the gears retarded and your in second gear the whole time, which actually didn't really change my times too much lol.

Which did you set first? I did it both ways, one way makes the gears retarded and your in second gear the whole time, which actually didn't really change my times too much lol.

This
You set the top speed slider last in this test, since it's purely the difference of final drive ratio you're testing the difference of.
As long as you set the top speed slider last, the gears will reach identical speeds.

Outlaw you and I obviously share a hatred of understeer your tune is perfect for me 👍
Did you use the one on Page 1 or the one below?

pngcarsetup.php

I'll probably leave the dampers alone from now on, but I still need some testing on the ARB and rear toe in race conditions. After watching Wardez's lap, I may tweak the gearing to match his.

If anyone needs a steward tonight for GT4, RX7, or Miatas, let me know. Other than a quick Skype call, I'm free. 👍

Ah! Sorry dude! After litchi qualifies ill open a new one.

Do not be used to kick guys that you don't know. Even if they are random guys.
One day, I was one of these randoms guys, and I met Eddie in a WSGTC practice lobby. He didn't kick me. Now he's one of my best GT5 friends and I lead the WSGTC season 3...

Some random guys are not..."just random" ;)

I usually give them a warning first. If they ignore me and enter the track.....goodbye.

Edit: Need more qualifiers guys. :nervous:

I'll need one for GT4. You can watch me make a miserable run like last night. :P
I'm more likely to screw up. My laps look fast, but that's when I'm not banging the walls. :lol:
One day, I was one of these randoms guys, and I met Eddie in a WSGTC practice lobby. He didn't kick me. Now he's one of my best GT5 friends and I lead the WSGTC season 3...

I try keeping the entry list with me so that I don't kick people by mistake. Adding PURE to the intro message does help. That's what I did for mine...

PURE | Perennial Midpacker

:sly:

Am I a random guy? :nervous:

I remembered Sohnvonstig (and a lot of others on the entry list) from the short lived Toyota 86 casual series. Guess he didn't remember me.

SagarisGTB
Am I a random guy? :nervous:

I remembered Sohnvonstig (and a lot of others on the entry list) from the short lived Toyota 86 casual series. Guess he didn't remember me.

I remembered your gtp name but for some reason didn't make the connection to sagarismic :P

I was a "random" once with you guys, I was kindly asked to leave the room :lol:
I had only been online for less than a month so I was still messing with rooms.
EDIT: Spent all my time offline.
I think I joined because I saw one of you in a PP room.

Last edited:
Back