PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup | Grand Finale Results & Points Posted!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,144 comments
I think in real life you want torque transfer in rear end because the gears are bigger in size to handle the load. I remember putting a 4:10 gear my car for that purpose.
Putting a 4:100 in your car doesn't change the gears, it's just a final drive change. People put quicker final gears on their cars for timed distance benefits, without the uber-expense of a full gear set, or adjustable gears.

The only full-blown theory I've heard is that with a lower final drive, you have less rotating mass in the driveline, there may be other factors in the equation, but with a lower axle ratio, your engine will have less weight to spin around.

I'll need to qualify for this as well tonight. Also haven't turned a lap yet. :ouch:
I guess the simple way is to say I haven't touched the wheel since the literal end of last race.

Heads up guys. When I get back to a computer I'll be deleting no-shows from the registration list. If you are registered and haven't raced yet and are planning on it, speak up now.
He probably forgot, busy and such. ;)

I'll need to qualify for this as well tonight. Also haven't turned a lap yet. :ouch:
I guess the simple way is to say I haven't touched the wheel since the literal end of last race.

TIP: don't hit the walls.

FACT: 10 out of 11 qualifiers have hit the walls anyways. :lol:

Just looked at my Q run from Monday. I had a low 49 going on my 2nd flier, only to go wide on the last corner. :banghead:
I take it we're allowed to hit the walls?

Just look out for wall riding.

If someone bounces off a wall like that huge right hander wall on the left right at the beginning of S3 and just continues on without missing a beat, it should be considered dirty since it's a prime place to exploit a crash ala GT Academy Round 3.

But that's only if they don't get damage. If they get damage it's fine, it's not gonna be faster.

2.5 X 4.0 = 10. :odd:
:P

They're two different gear systems you sure you multiply them?
I was under the impression that it was an additive system since the rotating shaft from the engine gets stepped up by the ratio of the gear-set setting the rotational speed of the output shaft which then gets stepped up again by the final drive gear. (Which is then split by the planetary gear set and clutches in the LSD)

Where as if they were all in the same gear set where input shaft spins gears with a 4.5:1 ratio which then spins a gear with 2.5:1 ratio before going to the output shaft would be a traditional multiplicative system.

Just look out for wall riding.

If someone bounces off a wall like that huge right hander wall on the left right at the beginning of S3 and just continues on without missing a beat, it should be considered dirty since it's a prime place to exploit a crash ala GT Academy Round 3.

But that's only if they don't get damage. If they get damage it's fine, it's not gonna be faster.

The double right hand Turn 8 & 9 by Akasaka Palace ?

That's the wall I dinged, not hard enough to cause damage, but it was still good enough to drop 10mph and kill about a 1/2 second on my lap time.
indifferent.gif

Ah that's fine, as long as it's not like an intentional ramming, so it's really nothing to worry too much about since damage is on.

Bllrlrrrrrrriiiiinngnnnngnnnnnng! :)

Just saying hello. I'll be on tonight to play some Mazda pinball on Honda's front doorstep. But first I have to do some EXTREME rallying in the five inches of fresh pow that dumped on us today!

Of course, that's if the GF doesn't get too upset that I don't have plans of going out. :P

Ah that's fine, as long as it's not like an intentional ramming, so it's really nothing to worry too much about since damage is on.

I did a test on this track to see if it was even possible to wall grind...
The amount of skill required to pull it off with damage set to "light" would leave me thinking that no one here that could do it would do it (7/8 times I just crashed).

With "heavy" damage it was almost impossible.

I am worried about turn 2 with full damage.... when I looked over some race replays from random SPEC rooms and the 86 series it seems to have the most crashes.

Friday last minute qualifier roll call!

Quote this post and remove the quote tags, then add your name to the list if you plan on qualifying today. Only quote the latest poster, not the first. Add numbers if needed. And yes, this is for both Divisions.

1.Wardez

^^^
Anyone gonna be around to watch me qualify in the morning? I'm stuck at work until 7:00am, should be home and online by 8:00am.

Friday last minute qualifier roll call!

Quote this post and remove the quote tags, then add your name to the list if you plan on qualifying today. Only quote the latest poster, not the first. Add numbers if needed. And yes, this is for both Divisions.

1.Wardez
2.WiiFreak

Back