PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup | Grand Finale Results & Points Posted!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,144 comments
Just a heads up guys, I will get the room up and situated here shortly. I will be in and out as I'm watching the NASCAR race.

Quick question on the rules. When exiting the pits, do we have to keep our car inside the yellow dashed line on the pit exit? I know you can't jump out and block someone - I just want to know how strictly this rule is taken here.

I'm about 95% sure I can't make today's race, but I appreciate the offer.

I don't want to put words in RT's mouth, but if he was willing to let CB750Kguy and I run in D1, I don't see why he wouldn't let you run in D1 if you can make it.

NCemtB, ask RT to race in D1 this week. :)

RT,

If you have the room, I'd be happy to jump in and run around in the back, would be good practice at least... If not, I'll get back to watching the Bathurst 12 hours. 👍

Heum... there's a NASCAR race at daytona atm on motors tv. 38 laps to go...

EDIT: 30 laps to go

EDIT2: 26 laps to go

EDIT 3: ouch.. Bush and Logano crashed. more than 15 cars involved..

Last edited:
Quick question on the rules. When exiting the pits, do we have to keep our car inside the yellow dashed line on the pit exit? I know you can't jump out and block someone - I just want to know how strictly this rule is taken here.

Stay to the right and make sure you are clear before you blend into the racing line. I always look behind me when exiting any pit road to make sure there's nobody coming, then slowly move over.

RT,

If you have the room, I'd be happy to jump in and run around in the back, would be good practice at least... If not, I'll get back to watching the Bathurst 12 hours. 👍

You're good. 👍

Heum... there's a NASCAR race at daytona atm on motors tv. 38 laps to go...

EDIT: 30 laps to go

EDIT2: 26 laps to go

Yes, that would be the NASCAR Nationwide race at Daytona. The Nationwide series is supposed to be the main feeder series for NASCAR Sprint Cup but the cars are pretty much identical is specs. They have slightly less horsepower and the races are usually a shorter distance. Oddly enough, the Nationwide series races at more road course venues than the "premier" Sprint Cup series.

Hmmmm, who caused "the big one?"

Last edited:
What is the room number? I thought you were watching Nascar?

Just a heads up guys, I will get the room up and situated here shortly. I will be in and out as I'm watching the NASCAR race.

Room is open, I'm switching the channel back and forth. Room number is a few posts above in the giant post with the race info in it. :)

I keep getting booted from PSN. No idea why.

Reset router. Signed back in with no problem. I should be good now, I hope.

Last edited:
Top 3 lap 7:

1) Wardez
2) WiiFreak
3) cicua

Bunch of damage out there right now. 3 cars have already had to pit for heavy damage. They've all been single car incidents though. I'm also not sure the damage indicator is showing correctly for me on a few cars. Green shows engine damage but he's running ok in 5th. :confused:

Looks like just you for the moment. Still 11 cars running.

No safety car periods so far. lap 17. Pit stops are cycling through right now.

I think I was as high as 5th at one point, but no, I just had to get damage every other lap.

Stupid car, stupid damage, stupid race. Glad it's over.

I won my first Spec Miata race!!!!!!!

So happy I could crash...

Which I'm going to do right... now.
zzzz

Race report:
:yuck:

This is one of my best tracks so any hopes of a top 5 in points for me is just about dead....

Great job Wardez 👍 well done.

Damage and crappy connection killed me. Apologies to anyone who ran into me as I was crashing. First crash was especially weird, it looked to me like one second I wasn't anywhere near the wall, then my car kind of teleported itself into the wall, and bam, heavy damage. Should've known then I was about to get disconnected...

I hope this is a one-time thing, I've never experienced anything worse than a bit of lag when everyone's still bunched up at the beginning of the race.

Anyways, congratulations, Wardez, sorry I missed it.

MÜLE_9242;6733709
PSN booted me. Have to restart. Dont start without me

Exactly what happened to me in the GT4 race this morning... I didn't get disconnected from the network; just got an error code and a message that I'd been signed out of PSN.
Didn't even have to leave GT5, just said ok to sign back in and re-joined the room. So I'm pretty sure that was all just PSN server's dropping connections.

Race Report:
Started 4th... we all got really racey on cold tires; lost the lead 3 almost instantly; got damage on my LF early (can't even remember what wall it was)... hobbled around at a turtle pace with a best lap of 1:50 as I watched the gap grow and grow.

Green caught me in traffic as there was shockingly lap traffic by lap 7. Went by me shortly there after. Then he got a bit of a gap as I struggled in 1:52 land as my damaged wheel kept making that tire worse and worse... saw a 1:53 on lap 15 and had to come in. By now I'd realized I probably made the wrong call and should have come in ASAP so I could run 1s/lap faster on a 2 stop. *shrug*

After coming out of the pits I had to get used to a car that actually turns both directions. After 2 laps of warming up to that idea I did a bunch of mid-49s and a 49.2 ... caught up to green. Snuck by him. Then cicua came up with his nice and sticky tires and bumped me off the podium in the last 4 laps.

Started 4th, finished 4th... glad to survive. Really needed a yellow to have a chance at anything better. GR guys and congrats Eddie 👍

Back