PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup | Grand Finale Results & Points Posted!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,144 comments
Heum... I don't understand exactly the aim of the Roll Call Ed. We never did this before, right? Why are we doing this now? Is it useful?

It's better than PM'ing every one that hasn't posted in the thread lately. Makes it easier for people to simply add their name in rather than having to explain or type anything else out. Also gives us organizers a solid number to expect for the weekend as well.

Just a win-win-win. Thanks for asking Will, the force is growing strong in you.

Saga's room was DC'ing me about a minute after entry. All loaded fine. Track reset two people didn't load then I get DC'd.

So anyway I made a room if anyone else has problems

1472-6118-3744-3753-9755

I'll need a steward eventually. Will post up when. Thanks

Yeah, I have to run for a while, but I can Steward later. Sag's room is still going but needs a Steward for the guys in there.

Bdubclub and RIP_DeadMansHand have qualified. I'll check replays later as Bdub touched walls twice on fast lap, however I believe it cost time.

RIP_DeadMansHand - 1.51.074
Bdubclub - 1'50.746 (Pending review)

Sadly I was using a very similar tuning trick for a while. well it made sense to stretch the first gears out and reduce the TQ being applied lowering the levers strength if you will. However I kinda never pushed past 1st and 2nd in attempts. Anyways this will help me some but not like it is for others.

FOREVER SLOW. HAHAHAHA

New MeMe practice all week and still gets beat.

Forever slow!

Best formula I've found doing drag trials in machine test was this: (which gave all of a 1.8% increase over a 375 final optimized around a straight through top gear in the mx5 tc).

btw, I recommend finding out how much top speed you need for the track before doing this as it will be much slower choice of your starting final gear

1. Put the final somewhere between 3.5 and 4 depending on how much top speed you want. (the lower you start the lower your final top speed)
  2. drop the top speed to the floor
  3. grab 1st gear and drop it to as low as you can get away with (tune this on take-off, if red-line launch leaves a #11 keep dropping the ratio until the engine bogs at launch and then push it up until that stops)
    [*]grab top gear and move it all the way to the right
    (now both ends of the transmission are good for perfect launches and all the top speed you'll need)
    [*]move second gear to the left 1/2 as much as you did 1st plenty of wiggle room to make it longer or shorter to match a corner)
    [*]move 5th 4th, 3rd, up until they're all on the graph making a smooth arc with their bottoms as the gear lines get shorter and shorter.

done. adjust the middle gears for specific corner needs as you practice.

------

oh and outlaw... how are we still on pole(s)? :lol:
Day1 ftw. :D 👍

Just a heads up to stewards taking down times, I really need you guys to keep track of both laps if possible, not just their fastest lap. Thanks.

Finally got some laps in, starting to get a little comfortable but still not ready to qualify. I'm going to practice some more in the morning. Any stewards going to be on anywhere between 9:30 and 11:30 tomorrow? Sorry to wait until the very last minute, been quite busy this week.

Just a heads up to stewards taking down times, I really need you guys to keep track of both laps if possible, not just their fastest lap. Thanks.

RIP_DeadMansHand - Lap 1, 1'51.074 Clean - Lap 2, 1'54.447 Crash
Bdubclub - Lap 1, 1'51.121 Clean - Lap 2, 1'50.746 (2 wall rubs which cost time)

Thanks Welsh.

12 cars qualified for the D2 race so far. Where are you D1 drivers? 6 cars qualified is not good at all. I'd really like for people to not wait until the last minute if they can avoid it.

Diabolical_J
Finally got some laps in, starting to get a little comfortable but still not ready to qualify. I'm going to practice some more in the morning. Any stewards going to be on anywhere between 9:30 and 11:30 tomorrow? Sorry to wait until the very last minute, been quite busy this week.

I'm gonna open a room after I get off work in the morning, around 8:00-8:30 EST for practice and my qualifying attempt, Dr_Watson said he would step in to steward... I'll post the room here when it's up.

Thanks Welsh.

12 cars qualified for the D2 race so far. Where are you D1 drivers? 6 cars qualified is not good at all. I'd really like for people to not wait until the last minute if they can avoid it.

I'm home from work now. I'll find a room so I can bring up the D1 rear later. I still wish you didn't make the deadline shorter, though. 👎

I will be doing my laps today, have been working late shift all week so found it hard to get some practice, I'll put up room number in a few hours or somthing

Got a room up here doing some last minute qualifying before sleep:

kkinv.jpg

Going to sleep right about now :embarrassed:.

Green should stay in the room a bit.

Back