rFactor

• Thread starter husa
  • 5,397 comments
I want to return to rFactor. Even with this fancy new computer I've had for 6.5 months, I have yet to successfully install and play rFactor. Part of me even thinks I'm still far out of the loop since a lot of other people have moved on to rFactor 2. Confusing stuff for me here.

I want to return to rFactor. Even with this fancy new computer I've had for 6.5 months, I have yet to successfully install and play rFactor. Part of me even thinks I'm still far out of the loop since a lot of other people have moved on to rFactor 2. Confusing stuff for me here.

From the things I've been hearing, you're not necessarily missing much. If anything, it hasn't been as good as everyone hoped it be. Besides, still plenty of mods being made for rFactor so you aren't out of the loop.

Thanks for the encouragement, RACECAR and GTPorsche. I've just been away from rFactor for a long time.

As soon as I get fraps loaded to the new HP, I'm start recording on it from now on.

Well, here's the first recording and its a video I made to have a comparison between the FPS on the old Acer that I've been playing this on and the new Hp I'm enjoying it on now:

Seems like the HP laptop runs this replay smoother than the Acer laptop. I noticed a different sort of graphics package for the HP laptop video. The Acer one seems to be cleaner graphics-wise. I'm not sure if you changed up the settings a bit for the HP one, but I do think the HP one runs cleaner and looks better.

I may not have all the graphics at maximum on the HP (even though I swear I thought I did).

Anyhow, the HP has a AMD A8 Processor, which is much better then the Intel Pentium Processor in the Acer so it does tend to make the HP run graphics much smoother. The frame rate is better as well as the game will run at a very smooth 60 frames per second (which is a shame that I can't show it since Fraps caps it down to 30FPS even though I set it to 60 FPS).

Try this instead of FRAPS. https://obsproject.com

Got it installed and the one thing I'm worried about is I just want to record video and I might accidentally stream (which I'm not prepared to do just yet). Only issue I'm having is actually recording as I tried to and it says I haven't selected source (or something like that).

For the life of me, I've never had much success at all using FRAPS, Camtasia, Camstudio or whatever. Then again, I've never really made too many videos using screen capture software. So I can't help or comment in this department. Old-fashioned me is so used to seeing mostly FRAPS and Camstudio videos. Sometimes even Hypercam (because seeing that big "Unregistered Hypercam" in the top-left corner is so beautiful to look at, right?). Yeah... I'm showing my age. What else is new? Whatever works best for screen capture videos for you, use it/them.

So, there's a enduseries add-on featuring the Porsche 991 RSR here and I recently made some skins for it:

rfactor-2014-12-06-03-40-34-44-jpg.267981

rfactor-2014-12-06-03-40-51-69-jpg.267980

rfactor-2014-12-06-03-41-59-29-jpg.267983

rfactor-2014-12-06-03-42-16-68-jpg.267982

Downloads here:

Porsche AG Core Autosport

Porsche Test

Attachments

• rFactor 2014-12-06 03-40-51-69.jpg
    rFactor 2014-12-06 03-40-51-69.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 32
  • rFactor 2014-12-06 03-40-34-44.jpg
    rFactor 2014-12-06 03-40-34-44.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 32
  • rFactor 2014-12-06 03-42-16-68.jpg
    rFactor 2014-12-06 03-42-16-68.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 31
  • rFactor 2014-12-06 03-41-59-29.jpg
    rFactor 2014-12-06 03-41-59-29.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
The game has been greenlit on Steam now. ISI can now take that opportunity to see if they want to use the platform to support their title. I hope they do, since they could utilize the Steam Workshop for mods. Would make it a lot easier to find mods, but on the other hand, those certain mods that break copyright rules wouldn't be allowed.

Christmas came early!!
I was looking at Perfect Dark's SCC 2.49 but couldn't get it to work yesterday after 3 days of trying and I gave up so this is a whole new source of happiness for me!

Virtua_LM's GTPC mod, also known as Prototype C, has finally been released.

Facebook Link
All that's needed are the appropriate GT race cars of the period and you can hold a Classic Le Mans online simrace or LAN meetup if you wanted to. ;)

Finally got those mods installed and all I can say right now from just looking at them:

too-much-want.jpg

Only small complaint I have is the variety with the GT cars in the GTPC mod is abit lacking. Sure we have Porsches and BMWs, but it seems to be all I see. As for the GTPs and Group C cars, I see far more Porsches then anything else. Apart from that, Massive respect for the team that completed it considering so many people left the project.

As for Simtek's WES mod, looks neat and its actually making me considering making my own background just for the menu. Hope someone has finally nailed the V6 sounds on the HPDs and didn't just lazily stick the engine sounds from the Acuras.

So, would anyone know where I can get this Daytona Mod?

*Language Warning*

Edit: Turns out I had the darn thing the whole time :lol:. I never got it to work though until I was told to change the search line in the SCN file and just like that, it worked :D

Doing this also managed to finally get the Bathurst, Ascari and Dubai tracks I had to work as well. Now I'm gonna be driving on these and I'm considering doing a comparison video between the same old Daytona track I've had and this one from SRW I'm using.

Last edited:

*Language Warning*
re: what happened @ the 13:30 mark

:eek: E-:censored:ING-GAD! Talk about a BIG ONE right off of the mark!:ouch::yuck: Maybe they were better off with a rolling start instead?

Yeah, Standing starts at Daytona are never good idea.

In Other news, I used the same technique and managed to get SRW Sonoma and Auto Club to show up as well. Just odd how all I have to do is change a directory file and suddenly a track from another sim is compatible.

Back