RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Onboy isn't lying about Hk.. I'm lucky enough to be family friends with the current English vice ambassador/consul to hk, so I got to stay in his apartment on the 37th floor last year :D and to put a long story short, I saw multiple zondas and other exotics during my short stay. :drool: Amazing place as well. Unfortunately he is leaving to become ambassador to Bahrain, which I'm sure will have even more exciting cars to spot, and no doubt they will all be made from 24 carat gold and encrusted with faberge eggs ;)

Thanks guys your tunes are amazing!! I did the Enzo and the Mclaren F1 and they are just transformed especially the Mclaren I substitued racing softs on it and its faster and much more planted than some lemans cars. Going to try RUF RGT next, thanks again guys keep up the good work.

Lol wtf? So much?! Ok then, scratch that, I won't give you anything then, just post 3 more tunes before I start considering taking a sledgehammer to england when I go there in June.
Yeah, for the good stuff. :P If you're giving me a sledgehammer, make sure it's a big one. Got debts to collect, see? :sly:
Not to mention he'll be trim and fit. You walk half a block in Singapore in the Summer and it feels like you just went on a 5 mile hike...
Oh I already know that. :lol: Spent 12 days there over the Christmas holiday and I lost something like 6kg from walking around and I wasnt even eating healthily either. :lol:
Onboy isn't lying about Hk.. I'm lucky enough to be family friends with the current English vice ambassador/consul to hk, so I got to stay in his apartment on the 37th floor last year :D and to put a long story short, I saw multiple zondas and other exotics during my short stay. :drool: Amazing place as well. Unfortunately he is leaving to become ambassador to Bahrain, which I'm sure will have even more exciting cars to spot, and no doubt they will all be made from 24 carat gold and encrusted with faberge eggs ;)
Take me next time. :D
Thanks guys your tunes are amazing!! I did the Enzo and the Mclaren F1 and they are just transformed especially the Mclaren I substitued racing softs on it and its faster and much more planted than some lemans cars. Going to try RUF RGT next, thanks again guys keep up the good work.

You're welcome. Glad you liked the tunes. :)

Guys, quick question. How would you tune the suspension for a Mistubishi FTO with 218hp? I'm only interested in the suspension and brake balance because of budget reasons (I am limited to 25,000 cr, plus the cost of the car itself which cost 11,610 cr). The tires are sports hards, the weight of the car is 1170kg and there are no aerodynamics to adjust.

Onboy123
Guys, quick question. How would you tune the suspension for a Mistubishi FTO with 218hp? I'm only interested in the suspension and brake balance because of budget reasons (I am limited to 25,000 cr, plus the cost of the car itself which cost 11,610 cr). The tires are sports hards, the weight of the car is 1170kg and there are no aerodynamics to adjust.

Lol...you're determined to beat that Beetle ;)

Give the Atenza settings a go for lulz. FTO may oversteer on throttle a bit more so more rear spring may be in order... I don't know.

Yeah, what RJ said. Just try all the FF settings we have. :lol: Try the Crimson R settings if the Atenza ones dont work too well. Or I dont know... the Prius GT-R Spec V? :D

Is this for some kind of budget contest?

Yeah, what RJ said. Just try all the FF settings we have. :lol: Try the Crimson R settings if the Atenza ones dont work too well. Or I dont know... the Prius GT-R Spec V? :D

Is this for some kind of budget contest?

Did you deliberately mention the Prius just to annoy me? You know how much I hated that dreary, gray, boring, rattly, miserable piece of absolute ****. What the hell where you thinking!? What makes it worse is the fact that it was the last tune you've made. Seems wrong somehow to start with an NSX and end up at the Prius, doesn't it? Anyways, I'll try those you tunes that you mentioned and see which works best.

Mentlegen.jpg

Here's my review for... wait, what? Did I make another silly intro for a review? Anyway...

We all know that the original Devil Z was an S30. Sadly, it has faded away though. But what was left was its ever-wandering soul. A few years later, it has consumed another Z - this time it came while the duo were working on their project Z34. Since they have noticed after a few runs that it gave flashbacks of the previous Devil Z, they decided to call it...

The Midnight Z.

As said, this car was possessed by the Devil Z, so it got into a few crashes. That explains why Roj was a bit reluctant to lend me the car to test out. I was able to convince him though that everything will be fine, even if the weather forecast has told that it would rain on Route 7. So he sent the car with extra rain tires just to make things safe.

Before heading to Route 7, I made sure that the rain tires were the ones installed on the car. Guess the Sport Softs are still there, so I changed all 4 all by myself. Quite a pain in the ass to be a one-man team. :lol:

Anyway, I cruised along the highway until I'm on Route 7. From 120 km/h, I can feel the power surging. Then it rises and rises, to 230, 250, 270... Acceleration so far never ends. It gets slower by a bit at 310, but now is not the time to find it's top speed yet. There's that exit ramp going to the left. I slowed down to 220 km/h, so far so good. If I'm a bit slower there, I would have slipped a bit though, and start a drifting maneuver like a hoon. Then there's the hairpin to another entrance ramp back to Route 7. I was foolish enough to floor the throttle all the way, so I spun out. The car stalled. I was able to get it running again though. The car has insane wheelspin at the early gears, but that's usually expected from high-powered cars like these though. No big fuss. The car keeps spraying and spraying water until I reach 3rd gear. Then there's this hairpin that leads to the entrance ramp back to Route 7. I decided to be careful and just do 1/8 throttle around that corner.

Back to Route 7 I go, and the power surges in again. It can hold all the speed until 200 mph. It hits the rev limiter, and the surge stops. But that's just the 1st tunnel though, I can go faster in the 2nd one. Into the U-turn I go to stay in Route 7. I braked hard. Not much grip is available because of the wet road. The car barely misses the wall, although the small impact didn't make such a big dent. At the corner exit, the usual wheelspin follows.

The power surges yet again. Into the tunnel I go. I can't go perfectly straight because of the toe and camber settings. The car maxes out at 325 km/h. It could have done 330 if there was no rain. I got high expectations for a 340+, but it turns out that it didn't.

Exiting the tunnel, I braked yet again. There was enough grip to attack that kink at over 270. I just screwed it up. Good thing I didn't spin out and do a deadly crash. Just a minor side collision with the wall.

On the next day, I did a few repairs to the body to remove the dent. I just realized that this car wasn't purely a Wangan runner. Roj also tuned this car to do well in the corners. So during the night, I went to Route 5 instead. The rain already went away yesterday, so I slapped the sports softs back. No traffic, no rain, no gangbanging Hashiriyas waiting to kill me, no problem.

Surprisingly, the sports softs gave me a feeling of invincibility. Which means, this Z would be tamed pretty easily, even thought the tires aren't race slicks. Maybe because the tires are soft ones, not the hard? I attacked the first corner without problem at all. There's always skidding, but it's predictable. On the corner right after the tunnel, the car still grips. Even at the hairpin right after, the car still grips. The wheelspin is still there, but it's predictable, yet again. Same applies to the rest of the corners. The car always grips. Wheelspin's mostly on 2nd gear or 3rd gear.

At the sharp hairpin with that brick surface, it went through without any problem at all. It drifts even wonderfully on the next sequence of corners. Also at the chicane, the car slides beautifully. I just spun out because I didn't countersteer properly. The car slides too on the last corner's exit. Back to the main straight, this car maxed out at 270 km/h. Pretty decent for this track, I think.

The Midnight Z is a good car overall. It grips pretty well. There's always oversteer on corner exit, but with good countersteering, everything gets sorted out into one magnificent smokeshow. But what bothers me a lot is that it doesn't drive much like the original Devil Z. It's a bit too tame. I blame the tires. They're too grippy.

I got the solution though. Just swap the softs for the hards. Well, THAT is the real test if you are worthy of driving a car like the Midnight Z. I tried, but I failed. :(

You know, I rather regret doing the ‘At least one review per day’ thing I got caught up in doing, because two months down the line, and I’ve run out of tunes to review. Well, nearly. There’s still two more tunes left that can be reviewed without the boredom of a hybrid (Insight and CR-Z) or the tedious choir of grinding (Mazda 787B and Ferrari SP1). Those two cars are the last and greatest Integra Type R you’ve tuned and the race modified version of the car every granny drives. The Integra Type R turbo and the Civic Type R. Hmmm…which to choose…Well…the most powerful one. The Integra. A Race Modified monster FF sporting nearly 400hp and weighing in at just 950kg. The ultimate Integra. Even though I do have some prejudices against FF’s, I have to say, I’m very excited to try this one. And I just hope it’s worth all the hype.
And I’m not disappointed. This thing is a monster. No other way of putting it. It doesn’t matter what you’ve got, it doesn’t matter how much more power it has, this will blow it into the winds and eat the track records for breakfast. After just three laps of the TGTT, my best time had dropped to a 1:15.085. That’s supercar territory. That’s only an eighth of a second from the Ruf NGT. And that has 100+ more hp and no understeer to worry about. This is something amazing. If ever there’s an FF that’s good enough to change my mind about front wheel drive cars, this is definitely it. It’s taken my prejudices against FF’s being cars made to fit old retired people, a stereotype that I’ve had rooted to my mind since I started liking cars (I started liking cars when I was 3 years old), and just bombards it with a combination of tyre smoke, grip, understeer, oversteer(in a FF with downforce!!!!), and the noise of a Vtec SCREAM (yes, it is that loud, shame you can’t hear the turbo though). But not faultless though. It does understeer a lot, it will push very wide in the corners if you’re not careful about where you turn into the corner. The engine is like an on/off switch, it’s either full power or nothing at all, not what you want when all you need is a burst of power rather than an explosion. But it actually doesn’t matter much, because if you were going to race this car in the first place, you’d have learnt to drive it properly and have found a way to get pass the issue of having two high RPM power aids (Vtec and high RPM turbo). Still, if this thing is to wear the RM badge, it needs to be faultless.
So, RKM setting applied, out for more laps, lets see what’s changed. Well, the front downforce is bumped up and the rear downforce left alone in a semi-successful attempt to prevent understeer, the car now corners like it’s on rails, and laps the test track in a NSX rivaling 1:12.949. I know of no other car that can lap this place so quickly on sports softs. It even left a Ferrari 458 is left in the dust, and if you put the 458 on slicks, it’s only 3 seconds behind. This, for a car with only 389hp, is an astonishing achievement. To be able to keep up with Maranello’s finest when the car in question is worth half as much to put together is a symbol of how potent this thing is. I think this is easily RKM’s fastest FF, or even RKM’s fastest sub-500hp car this side of the NSX. It really is that fast. But more than that, it’s actually quite fun to drive. This I wasn’t expecting, as it was tuned to primarily be as fast as this chassis will allow. But when you stop charging at the laptimes and start to play, it’ll dance around corners with the best of them. And now, I’ve run out of things to say. This hasn’t happened before, I’ve always found an excuse to wrap up the review, but I still can’t think of anything. Which is annoying, cuz all I want to do is drive…that…Integra…OH SCREW IT, I’M OFF!!

Laptimes (tested on TGTT)
1:15.085 (before)
1:12.949 (after)

Did you deliberately mention the Prius just to annoy me? You know how much I hated that dreary, gray, boring, rattly, miserable piece of absolute ****. What the hell where you thinking!? What makes it worse is the fact that it was the last tune you've made. Seems wrong somehow to start with an NSX and end up at the Prius, doesn't it? Anyways, I'll try those you tunes that you mentioned and see which works best.
Yes. :D It's the best Prius ever, of course it's deserving of being the last tune for a while. :lol:
The Midnight Z.
The uMadson is a spy!

Thanks for the review! First time the Z has been tested in wet conditions I think. I think the reason it doesnt feel like the Devil Z is because the Z34 is a sorted platform to begin with. It can take more power I think. :lol: If it would let me take it past 600bhp with a supercharger it would start being more like an S30. :P I think hard tyres would be more appropriate on SSR7 but since the car is supposed to be fast around corners, it would just end up being uncompetitive with hards. But yeah thanks for the review! :D
Laptimes (tested on TGTT)
1:15.085 (before)
1:12.949 (after)

Yeah the ITR RM is easily one of the fastest FF cars in GT5. Fastest FF at RKM at least, taking the title from RJ's Volvo. :P A good way to deal with the VTEC Turbo's peaky powerband is just so keep the revs up, even if you have to downshift more than you'd like to and hold it really close to the redline. Thanks for the review!

The uMadson is a spy!

Thanks for the review! First time the Z has been tested in wet conditions I think. I think the reason it doesnt feel like the Devil Z is because the Z34 is a sorted platform to begin with. It can take more power I think. :lol: If it would let me take it past 600bhp with a supercharger it would start being more like an S30. :P I think hard tyres would be more appropriate on SSR7 but since the car is supposed to be fast around corners, it would just end up being uncompetitive with hards. But yeah thanks for the review! :D

But of course. /tf2spyvoice

Thanks for pointing it out too. If only PD will implement back the GT2 tuning system. :grumpy:

I'm also glad you released settings for the Z34, since my elder cousin fully-tuned one in-game and then it handles absolute crap. Steering is always numb until I stumbled on your settings.

One more question, can you give me a bit of advice when tuning for SSR7? So far, I beefed up an IS F Racing Concept to 710 HP, but it still gets stuck at 330. It can reach 340 but it won't last long though. :ouch:

Well, 'a while' has come and gone, so time to replace the Prius with something that has a lot more power, a lot less weight and a lot more fun. Bring on the ______ (fill in the blank for me Roj with a new tune)

But of course. /tf2spyvoice

Thanks for pointing it out too. If only PD will implement back the GT2 tuning system. :grumpy:

I'm also glad you released settings for the Z34, since my elder cousin fully-tuned one in-game and then it handles absolute crap. Steering is always numb until I stumbled on your settings.

One more question, can you give me a bit of advice when tuning for SSR7? So far, I beefed up an IS F Racing Concept to 710 HP, but it still gets stuck at 330. It can reach 340 but it won't last long though. :ouch:
I'm not much of a top speed or drag tuner so I could be wrong here, but I usually put the downforce to it's lowest levels then raise the final gear ratio until I'm hitting whatever speed I want to do. If that doesnt work I just try and get as close as possible. :P
Well, 'a while' has come and gone, so time to replace the Prius with something that has a lot more power, a lot less weight and a lot more fun. Bring on the ______ (fill in the blank for me Roj with a new tune)

Nothing is more fun than a Prius. Nothing.

No, there is!! (shocking, isn't it!)
It's filling the engine bay, the boot, the interior, and every little space of the Prius with some TNT, and then have a X1 launch it at 300mph into the side of a bus filled with fireworks and gunpowder :D BOOOMMM!!!!!

Hey Roj, what would you suggest to do with your R34 Black edition's settings if I wanted the back end to be a little bit looser? I tend to understeer with your current settings (as you might've noticed if you've read my fanfic).

+Corvette C6 Z06/R+
The Corvette Z06 (C6) RM is a Modern America Muscle Car, which means it carries a some difficulty under it's hood, which has these characteristics: It is heavy and has oversteer and can spin out under acceleration at times, but the car's engineering supplies great power and good grip with a great, unmistakeable look. The tuning, when compared to stock, gives it more control in the corner and a longer transmission setting gives it great power when on a long straight away, but is always in the lower gears for corners, but with that long transmission, it can easily win races that are centered around speed, but not so much when focusing around tracks that are more technical. You will do great on Indy for speed, but not so much on the tracks like Autumn Ring and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

Breaking Down The Car:
The Z06's stats are as followed:
Power: 848HP/6900RPM
Weight: 1090KG
Torque: 724ft-lb/5900RPM
Displacement: 6997
Power-To-Weight:0.7779816515

Telling by this, you can tell the car has alot of power and a great power-to-weight, but it can also mean nothing at times.

Testing:
In the testing, I decided to do a time trial against the car's stock version. There are quite the differences in the cars. I will break that down here.

2rclf89.png

As you can see, the tuned version has more of a top speed and better suspension, but the difference between them in racing is only by seconds.

On the first track tested, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, the time of the tuned was 1:22.780, while the stock time was 1:22.232. From the shown times, it proves that the car is made for speed then technical courses.

On the second track tested, Indy - Road Course, the time of the tuned was 1:28.583, while the stock time was 1:29.691. This is something that show's it's power as compared to turning.

On the last track, since it was a tie, was my custom track which shall be refereed to "Secret Testing Place" becasue I use it online to challenge others. It is a perfect blend of banked corners, technical sections and a final speed section. It's transmission really showed in the speed area, while the suspension showed it self in the technical section. Granted, that I was in 1-3 gear all the time threw that section, but the section The tuned car's time was 2:46.693, and the stock's time was... 2:47.224. After I finished with this, I decided to take it into an event to test it it's true skill, since it was shown to destroy Group C and LM cars, so I took it to a couple of A-Spec Events.

Here comes the pain!
I took this car into a couple of speed events to see it's real power. The first event was Indy in Like The Wind. I though "Huh, my ZR-1 could do it and it was red lining. Maybe this car can do it too?" For an ending result... I came in 2nd to the C60 Hybride - Judd Race car. The car really has the speed to stay up there with the big race cars. It was a constant battle for 1st between the Corvette C6 Z06/R, Sauber Mercedes C9 , R92CP Race Car, C60 Hybride and the Audi R8 Race Car (Team PlayStation). Granted I didn't come in first, but the race was fun and the Z06/R's power is sure shown here. Downside is that I couldn't hit 6th gear unless I was drafting, which didn't allow me to reach the full extend of my gears.

The Downsides.
Surely, every single car has downsides. This car's downside is the lack of being in a high gear when coming out of a corner, making this car hard to use on small tracks, but the sheer gearing behind it gives pure power to race against the fastest cars in the game. (Excluding the FGT, F1 and X1). Another thing is the brakes are decent, but if you brake to late, you better expect to be either picking your teeth off the floor of the car or be waking up in the ER. If late breaking is your thing, then this car will be unforgivable.

So, is the tuning good?
The Corvette C6 Z06/R is a great car. It's feel is great when going around corners, even though it does feel bulky and hard to turn. The roar of the engine is very exhilarating when taking off from a corner and leaving people in the smoke your tires leave behind. Besides the large gearing made for speed and being slow threw technical areas, this car really boasts it's sheer power that can decimate the other American Race Cars and RM cars (Except for the ZR1. EVERYONE knows the ZR1 is better.) It's greatly underestimated, so it recieves a very well-deserved 4/5. Good job Kyle M.! Now, all we need is this car's older brother to be tuned to perfection to do a face off...

No, there is!! (shocking, isn't it!)
It's filling the engine bay, the boot, the interior, and every little space of the Prius with some TNT, and then have a X1 launch it at 300mph into the side of a bus filled with fireworks and gunpowder :D BOOOMMM!!!!!
Lies. Lies and more lies. :dopey:
Didn't know a Prius was more fun than an NSX... :sly:
I know, it suprised me too! :D
Next thing we see will be a Toyota minivan tune... :odd:
Tell PD to add one and I'll tune it. :lol:
Hey Roj, what would you suggest to do with your R34 Black edition's settings if I wanted the back end to be a little bit looser? I tend to understeer with your current settings (as you might've noticed if you've read my fanfic).

Soften the rear springs and dampers more. It wont get that much looser though, it is an R34 afterall.

Hmmm...

So you tested the default settings with racing soft tires but mine with racing mediums? That explains why it was slower at some tracks eh? :P

Give mine the softs or default mediums and the difference will be much clearer; I initially tuned it and specified mediums because they're extremely grippy but not so much as to make it difficult to find the limit (as softs tend to be). Also of note is that with the softs on you can take Indy's oval flat out with proper steering work and guarantee a win.

Roj, I'm not lying :( that is more fun than driving the Prius. But wtv, please put some more out!!! I really can't bear the thought of having RKM's final tune be that boring failure of an attempt at a Eco car for a second! So c'mon, pleeeeeeaaassseeeeeee!! No more stupid Prius tunes or boring Eco cars eh?

Yes, that was a win with the soft tires on, but it was fun when I get to have the mediums on and still get that high into the ranking. The only reason why I get the stock soft tires were to give it some balance. a good example is having a race between the Z06 RM and the ZR1 RM. The Z06 has less power, so he has the ability of better traction while the ZR1 has worse traction and better power. In the end, though, the Z06 tuned did win threw power. I'm gonna keep it's tune and use it for a long time. I recommend that tune to anyone, as it is very good at keeping up to race cars.

Roj, I'm not lying :( that is more fun than driving the Prius. But wtv, please put some more out!!! I really can't bear the thought of having RKM's final tune be that boring failure of an attempt at a Eco car for a second! So c'mon, pleeeeeeaaassseeeeeee!! No more stupid Prius tunes or boring Eco cars eh?
:P

And what do you mean RKM's final tune? It's not like we're closing up forever now. :lol:

But I like stupid Prius tunes and boring eco cars. :D
If there was a Previa S/C I'd have tuned it long ago. :dopey:
Previa's rock. :lol:
Hmm, Tesla Roadster could be cool.
What do you think?:lol:
I like the idea of that. :lol:
How about the Honda ODYSSEY ‘03? :lol:
This too. :lol:

Edit: Updated the Prius banner so it has a picture of the Prius on it. Don't really like having the R35's ugly mug on my tune list. :P

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back