RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Ah i think i must have gone wrong somewhere, i'm quite new to tuning especially gears. Whats the right way to set it?

First, you hit "Set to Default" then make sure the final gear is at 4.300, then put the mas speed to 124, then put the final gear to 2.500, then tune the first gear to 6th gear, then your done. Have fun tuning :D

Yep, but I put it to 2.500 first because I tend to forgot at the end of it :D

EDIT: I won that one. Wait until my review of one of your cars, but it's... lets say... V2.

Last edited:
Who here remembers the BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car? I just got it in the UCD and I would like to see if either Rotary Junkie or VTiRoj would like to get a good tune on it once PSN comes back up. I got everything I could possibly get for it (besides sport or comfort tires. That is a race car, not a street car.) So, who wants dibs?

Last edited:
Roj, flicking through the first few pages of this thread, you said you wanted to rebuild a M3 from GT4 as a rival for the NSX, and yet, here we are 112 pages and 2226 posts down the line, and you have yet to do one…so how about get going on it before you forget, eh?

Who here remembers the BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car? I just got it in the UCD and I would like to see if either Rotary Junkie or VTiRoj would like to get a good tune on it once PSN comes back up. I got everything I could possibly get for it (besides sport or comfort tires. That is a race car, not a street car.) So, who wants dibs?
I'm not sure PSN will be up in time to take any more requests. After PSN comes back up, I've got a lot of requests to catch up on and after the start of June, I'll have to stop taking requests so I can sort out this holiday. It would be best to hold off until I come back or RJ gets a fixed PS3.
Roj, flicking through the first few pages of this thread, you said you wanted to rebuild a M3 from GT4 as a rival for the NSX, and yet, here we are 112 pages and 2226 posts down the line, and you have yet to do one…so how about get going on it before you forget, eh?

I would if PSN was up so I could grab the CSL from the gift box. :P

I'm not sure PSN will be up in time to take any more requests. After PSN comes back up, I've got a lot of requests to catch up on and after the start of June, I'll have to stop taking requests so I can sort out this holiday. It would be best to hold off until I come back or RJ gets a fixed PS3.

Yea, That might be a good idea for now. I just so happy I got that car last night, I have been waiting for it to appear for months! :D

Roj, you know what, I always loved making reviews for your tunes. Especially in a narrative and fictitious tone. It helps me wipe the dust off my vocabulary which used to be pretty good (I top the English class in school by the way) and write stories better. But I haven't made some in a while because I'm just being lazy again. Dunno why I don't have the motivation to. It's a good learning experience to keep posting and yet I can't get the proper excuse to keep the words coming.

Anyways, let's cut to the chase. For now, I'll be reviewing the S13 Silvia Speed Star tune.

Named after some sort of team in Initial D simply because it's purposely-retuned for tight mountain passes. Wait, who was that guy with the S13? Iketani? I forgot all the stuff I knew after watching that anime, so I apologize if I'm just simply putting gibberish in this paragraph. :guilty:

When I tested the S13 fully-stock, something feels not right here. It just feels too underpowered. 160+ hp? What's the engine powering this car? Was it the SR20DET or the CA18DET or what was that engine? That aside, as a DS3 player, it feels too slow. Unexciting. Even the occasional natural FR skids still won't take the yawn off my face. Although I haven't tested it at some other mountain pass instead of Eiger, I still can get the general feel of this car though.

Because of the S13's touge nature that I have heard, and Eiger is the only mountain pass I have familiarized, I contacted you guys yet again for a test car and made round trips to Switzerland. At least I also got a friend who's living there too.

The next day, I'm able to book a lone time-attack session. Only me, no other drivers present. Sure, there may be a little number of spectators, but anyway, what counts is that I have nothing to worry about in my session.

First lap, I pretended that this was a bit of a drift car, but this was futile. I nudged the walls a few times, and on some corners, I was so close to the wall, I got my lap invalidated. :grumpy: Then after a few laps, I decided to avoid skidding. I loved it's turn-in. It's extremely responsive. But my only complaint is the understeer on corner exit. It always gets me on that corner after the tunnel. I think this can be remedied by a change in driving style, but how the hell should I drive in a touge course? Should I hold all the powerslides and drifts properly or should I avoid skidding at all costs? Am I in a middle of an identity crisis or what? I noticed that although it's an FR, it seems to be 4-wheel drifting at some point. Should I maintain this maneuver?

I tested the Crimson R here before, everything seems to be fine. But this car, the S13, I just don't know how to drive it (sadly). About the corner right after the tunnel, I used to take that corner WITHOUT braking at all. I simply put my foot off the pedal and turn in... wait. I SHOULD HAVE BRAKED THERE. /facepalm at myself.

Okay, I'll cool down for a moment. I sincerely apologize for my rant earlier, but I've completed over 13 laps around Eiger and yet I didn't get that corner properly. But yeah, when I drive this car, confusion would reign. All because of that understeer on corner exit. I was expecting a car that would be more of something oversteery, but turns out it's a bit of the opposite, if not the exact opposite.

But on the bright side, my expectation's right on the money about the lap times. I knew that it would beat the Crimson R, and even better, the Honda S2000 LM Race car in this course. I'll just put their lap times here:

1:13.540 - S13 (MT, ABS 1, rest OFF)
1:13.643 - S2000 LM (with AT, TCS 1, ABS 1)
1:17.011 - DC5 (MT, ABS 1, rest OFF)

The S13 even did a 1:12.XXX, but the lap time got invalidated because I nearly scraped the wall. It's very frustrating when this happens. :grumpy:

So yeah, I know how well you tune, and sometimes it's all in the driver, not the car. So I'll conclude that this car is very speedy, but it's just not suited for my style of driving. Even though I already learned how to drive without the Some-sortof Transmission Distraction called "AIDS".

Last edited:
In a while? Mate, you just did one on Wednesday on the Z, right? And I agree, reviewing tunes for these guys is nice, it let's me dust off some of my vocab and practice for school English tests, and I strangely find it enjoyable to write reviews. Anyways, expect a review from me as well, on what is easily the most expensive premium 'road' car in GT5. Oh, and a quick flick through the tuning menu thing reveals a glaring hole in the list. You're missing the R33!! So go on, make one already to complete the list of proper GTRs.

Last edited:
In a while? Mate, you just did one on Wednesday on the Z, right? Anyways, expect a review from me as well, on what is easily the most expensive premium 'road' car in GT5.

Yeah. I'm completing it at the moment. Don't want to leave it there or Roj would surely bash a chair right at my face (sorry for over-exaggerating, but I hope you would get my point).

EDIT: Review is now complete.

Last edited:
Hmm…Roj, how many tunes do you think you can put out before you leave for your 1 MONTH (Lucky b******!) holiday? Cuz I might refrain from reviewing anymore cars until you leave so when you come back, RKM will be spammed with pages and pages of reviews from me (I'm so sad right?).

Hmm…Roj, how many tunes do you think you can put out before you leave for your 1 MONTH (Lucky b******!) holiday? Cuz I might refrain from reviewing anymore cars until you leave so when you come back, RKM will be spammed with pages and pages of reviews from me (I'm so sad right?).

We should both spam the hell out of this place with reviews. Make it really fun.

Ok, shame is, I've reviewed pretty much all of Roj's tunes already…but I'll leave it to you, uMadson? to do it. I'll join in once Roj puts some tunes out. I'd love to see how pissed off he is when he has to reply to 2 or 3 pages of reviews all in one night :D

Hey, I've just tested your tuning on the NSX as it seems to be your favourite car and all I can say is: Good job! I first tested the car with all the added parts but without your tuning and I thought it was a bad car.

Then I tested it with your tuning and it's much easier to drive. The little bit of oversteer you get is very easy to correct with a bit of counter steering.

I only have one thing. I don't know much about tuning but isn't the top speed set too high? It's set on 211 mph which is about 340 kmph and I only topped at about 300-310 on the straight of Nurburgring without coming close to the max rev.

I also like to know how you set your gears up on Trial Mountain. I've read somewhere that's it's your test track and I also like that track.

Keep up the good work. I'm going to test a lot more of the tunes on this page for sure.

Ok, shame is, I've reviewed pretty much all of Roj's tunes already…but I'll leave it to you, uMadson? to do it. I'll join in once Roj puts some tunes out. I'd love to see how pissed off he is when he has to reply to 2 or 3 pages of reviews all in one night :D

Well I'd gladly review his tunes when I want to but I won't spam the thread, even though the posts are on-topic.

Sorry, Linkueigman, but you're a one-man army. Good luck in your operation. Rara out.

Noooooooooooo traitor!!! lol joking joking. Anyways, he isn't alone, cuz i'll still be reviewing cars, just not as much as Linkueigman will.

Edit: Roj, are you still playing the 'wait till onboy sleeps then get to work' game? Cuz it wasn't funny the first time, so it won't be funny now…

Last edited:
Anyways, let's cut to the chase. For now, I'll be reviewing the S13 Silvia Speed Star tune.
I like writing my fan fic for that reason. Keeps the English levels up without having to stay in school. :) And you're right, it's Iketani who drives the S13 in Initial D.

Thanks for the review! The S13 needs to be driven playfully I think. It's not a serious racer, it's just tuned to be consistantly fast around corners that you might not want to crash on. :P I've been told swapping comfort tyres back onto it turns it into a neat drifter though. I understand it's not completely suited to your driving style so yeah, not much can be done there. At least it'll take down the S2000 LM by 0.1 seconds though. Clearly Eiger is a good place for the S13 to show it's stuff. :D

It's got a bit of understeer in it but that's more the car itself. If I tried to tune it out, the oversteer would be too much and I might as well call it a drift tune. :lol:

But yeah, thanks for the review! :D
In a while? Mate, you just did one on Wednesday on the Z, right? And I agree, reviewing tunes for these guys is nice, it let's me dust off some of my vocab and practice for school English tests, and I strangely find it enjoyable to write reviews. Anyways, expect a review from me as well, on what is easily the most expensive premium 'road' car in GT5. Oh, and a quick flick through the tuning menu thing reveals a glaring hole in the list. You're missing the R33!! So go on, make one already to complete the list of proper GTRs.
Write a fan fic! :P RJ was planning on an R33 so I've held off doing one.
One, possibly two. Depends on how soon my 360 gets here. :lol:
I wont even be mad. I'll take it a night at a time. :P
Hey, I've just tested your tuning on the NSX as it seems to be your favourite car and all I can say is: Good job! I first tested the car with all the added parts but without your tuning and I thought it was a bad car.

Then I tested it with your tuning and it's much easier to drive. The little bit of oversteer you get is very easy to correct with a bit of counter steering.

I only have one thing. I don't know much about tuning but isn't the top speed set too high? It's set on 211 mph which is about 340 kmph and I only topped at about 300-310 on the straight of Nurburgring without coming close to the max rev.

I also like to know how you set your gears up on Trial Mountain. I've read somewhere that's it's your test track and I also like that track.

Keep up the good work. I'm going to test a lot more of the tunes on this page for sure.
It's so you can draft much more powerful cars. I can win the Daytona supercar race with the NSX just because I can draft the Veyron and slingshot in front of it. :D

We dont set the gears up specifically for Trial Mountain, but we aim to create as little wheelspin as possible by making 1st to 3rd longer without making the car bog down. Also we try not to make the cars bounce off their rev limiters in top gear. We like to leave room for drafting purposes. :)
Noooooooooooo traitor!!! lol joking joking. Anyways, he isn't alone, cuz i'll still be reviewing cars, just not as much as Linkueigman will.

Edit: Roj, are you still playing the 'wait till onboy sleeps then get to work' game? Cuz it wasn't funny the first time, so it won't be funny now…
Nope. I'm playing TDU2.

I'm playing TDU2.

And I thought me playing GTA was bad but TDU 2... I played it 5 times then stopped, simply said in my opinion the game wasnt finished!
But hey if you like a game, play it! (Except for Shift 2, I dont know anybody who liked it!)

Ohh…is TDU2 any good? I maybe getting it but I want some advice…is it as good as GT5 or worse?
It's alright. The physics are terrible but if you enjoy cruising then you should enjoy it. It's no GT5 though, not by a long shot.
And I thought me playing GTA was bad but TDU 2... I played it 5 times then stopped, simply said in my opinion the game wasnt finished!
But hey if you like a game, play it! (Except for Shift 2, I dont know anybody who liked it!)

Yeah it feels unfinished. Lots of bugs and issues that should've been resolved already. Hoping the next patch/free DLC fixes it. I like the cruising aspect of TDU2 though and also painting Hello Kitty faces on a Camaro. :lol: Shift 2 was a massive flop I think. EA really needs to stick to what it's good at, like Hot Pursuit and the Underground series.

Shift 2 was a massive flop I think. EA really needs to stick to what it's good at, like Hot Pursuit and the Underground series.

The New NFS Game to say the least looks.. umm intresting, did you see the trailer (Apparently its using a good physics engine I heard)

Painting hello kitty faces on a Camaro? Really, wtf? I'd love to see that! And by 'bad', how bad is the physics? Is it like driving a truck even though you're in a Zonda, or like being able to take a hairpin at 200mph without lifting?

Painting hello kitty faces on a Camaro? Really, wtf? I'd love to see that! And by 'bad', how bad is the physics? Is it like driving a truck even though you're in a Zonda, or like being able to take a hairpin at 200mph without lifting?

Well in my experience the car took just less than a second too react to the button that you pushed, I dont remember much about the driving physics but I beleive that GTA IV's driving physics were better than TDU 2

Roadster Road Test
What happens when you take a lightweight convertable coupe and add a bit of race car attitude?

Driver's note: I have switched to using a manual transmission instead of automatic, and I'm feeling good about it at this point. Although I believe I'm faster, driver errors are still happening with missed shifts, so my times may be a bit off.

MX-5 SC

Miata.jpg

Fresh out of the Dealer: 114 HP, 950 kg, 344 PP, Comfort Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:56.023
Thoughts: In a word: slow.

Parts added, no settings changes: 244 HP, 840 kg, 462 PP, Sports Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:40.207
Thoughts: The car now has just enough power to do some unintentional (and intentional) drifting, while not having enough to make it hard to control. It's still a slow car, and especially disappointing in the corners, where anything faster than a slow pace through a turn transformed into an equally slow, but more fun, drift. A fun drive, but not something I'd break out for a race I wanted to win.

Parts added, RKM Tune, 5 lap first impression:
Best Lap Time: 1:39.660
Thoughts: Tremendous control, for the most part, accompanied by very nice speed through the sharp turns. The car's glaring weakness, is obvious: power. Too bad there's nothing else to do to get the little 4-banger to work harder. There are moments where I may have liked the extra push from a wing, most notably the high speed kink before start/finish, but for the most part the car does pretty well without one.

After a couple more races: Final HP: 246 Final PP: 463
Best Lap Time: 1:38.983
Thoughts: The unintentional drifting is a thing of the past. This car is very gentle, and the worst thing that happens if you push it a bit too hard is a nice, controllable almost-slide. Corner speed is pretty good, and it is very easy on entrance and exit. This car is a fairly predictable combination of great RKM cornering and handling with Miata power (or lack thereof). The car tends to get a bit loose on the higher speed turns, but leaving off the downforce may not be a bad thing, as any effect which hurts the accelleration of the car should be avoided at all costs. Also, please note that, with the red/carbon/gold combination I use, my Miata refuses to be called "cute" (even if it IS true)

Honda S2000

S2000.jpg

Fresh out of the Dealer: 228 HP, 1250 kg, 420 PP, Comfort Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:49.848
Thoughts: I wasn't trying to drift... it just sorta happened. Constantly.

Parts added, no settings changes: 321 HP, 1060 kg, 487 PP, Sports Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:36.409
Thoughts: Still a drifter, only more so, and much faster. I found the car doing a bit of lateral drift on corner entrances, causing me to miss my apex if I didn't start the turn early, as well as some controlled throttle drift through any corner slower than 5th gear. Fun, but I want fast.

Best Lap Time: 1:34.116
Thoughts: The drift has left the vehicle. A terrific change in the car's character, this thing sticks to the road, with corner speeds that rival any of the Sport Soft tunes I've tested, and enough get-up-and-go to make it fun in between the corners as well.

After a couple more races: Final HP: 323 Final PP: 490
Best Lap Time: 1:33.861
Thoughts: I'm lovin' this car. Quick, nimble, responsive, predictable. VERY good speeds through the corners, stable braking, and nice no-spin drive coming out. It may not be the fastest car in the game, but it is fast enough to make me smile while driving, and not once did it fly out of control. The only way to get the back tires to smoke is on purpose, diving WAY too hard into the corner then hammering the throttle. I did have a tough time getting much past my "first impression" lap time, but that's a testament to how comfortable this car is at speed, and how quickly a driver can get it moving like it should. I think this car will be one of my main performers online in the 490 PP range.

The New NFS Game to say the least looks.. umm intresting, did you see the trailer (Apparently its using a good physics engine I heard)
It looks pretty but I've heard complaints that the physics is still too unrealistic even though they had help from a good sim racing company. I think the guys who did GT Legends?
Yep. I've also got a Domokun face on the bonnet of a Lancia Delta. :lol: It's bad as in, a Golf GTI has so much lift off oversteer, it just cant turn corners. Some cars are okay to drive, some actually really well, but others are actually undrivable.
Well in my experience the car took just less than a second too react to the button that you pushed, I dont remember much about the driving physics but I beleive that GTA IV's driving physics were better than TDU 2
This too. And I agree, GTA IV has better driving physics than TDU2.
Roadster Road Test
What happens when you take a lightweight convertable coupe and add a bit of race car attitude?

Driver's note: I have switched to using a manual transmission instead of automatic, and I'm feeling good about it at this point. Although I believe I'm faster, driver errors are still happening with missed shifts, so my times may be a bit off.

MX-5 SC

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m531/mrakneedragger/Miata.jpg

Fresh out of the Dealer: 114 HP, 950 kg, 344 PP, Comfort Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:56.023
Thoughts: In a word: slow.

Parts added, no settings changes: 244 HP, 840 kg, 462 PP, Sports Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:40.207
Thoughts: The car now has just enough power to do some unintentional (and intentional) drifting, while not having enough to make it hard to control. It's still a slow car, and especially disappointing in the corners, where anything faster than a slow pace through a turn transformed into an equally slow, but more fun, drift. A fun drive, but not something I'd break out for a race I wanted to win.

Best Lap Time: 1:39.660
Thoughts: Tremendous control, for the most part, accompanied by very nice speed through the sharp turns. The car's glaring weakness, is obvious: power. Too bad there's nothing else to do to get the little 4-banger to work harder. There are moments where I may have liked the extra push from a wing, most notably the high speed kink before start/finish, but for the most part the car does pretty well without one.

After a couple more races: Final HP: 246 Final PP: 463
Best Lap Time: 1:38.983
Thoughts: The unintentional drifting is a thing of the past. This car is very gentle, and the worst thing that happens if you push it a bit too hard is a nice, controllable almost-slide. Corner speed is pretty good, and it is very easy on entrance and exit. This car is a fairly predictable combination of great RKM cornering and handling with Miata power (or lack thereof). The car tends to get a bit loose on the higher speed turns, but leaving off the downforce may not be a bad thing, as any effect which hurts the accelleration of the car should be avoided at all costs. Also, please note that, with the red/carbon/gold combination I use, my Miata refuses to be called "cute" (even if it IS true)

Honda S2000

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m531/mrakneedragger/S2000.jpg

Fresh out of the Dealer: 228 HP, 1250 kg, 420 PP, Comfort Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:49.848
Thoughts: I wasn't trying to drift... it just sorta happened. Constantly.

Parts added, no settings changes: 321 HP, 1060 kg, 487 PP, Sports Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:36.409
Thoughts: Still a drifter, only more so, and much faster. I found the car doing a bit of lateral drift on corner entrances, causing me to miss my apex if I didn't start the turn early, as well as some controlled throttle drift through any corner slower than 5th gear. Fun, but I want fast.

Best Lap Time: 1:34.116
Thoughts: The drift has left the vehicle. A terrific change in the car's character, this thing sticks to the road, with corner speeds that rival any of the Sport Soft tunes I've tested, and enough get-up-and-go to make it fun in between the corners as well.

After a couple more races: Final HP: 323 Final PP: 490
Best Lap Time: 1:33.861
Thoughts: I'm lovin' this car. Quick, nimble, responsive, predictable. VERY good speeds through the corners, stable braking, and nice no-spin drive coming out. It may not be the fastest car in the game, but it is fast enough to make me smile while driving, and not once did it fly out of control. The only way to get the back tires to smoke is on purpose, diving WAY too hard into the corner then hammering the throttle. I did have a tough time getting much past my "first impression" lap time, but that's a testament to how comfortable this car is at speed, and how quickly a driver can get it moving like it should. I think this car will be one of my main performers online in the 490 PP range.

Thanks for the comparison test! :D

For the MX-5, the wing was purposely left off because, well, it looks ugly and an MX-5 doesn't need any downforce anyway. So it can feel a bit loose at high speeds but because it's got so little power, it's easy to correct it. I think your red one does look cute, by the way. :P Power can be raised with a turbo, but then I do prefer superchargers. :D

The S2000 I just love to bits. You've shown why. It's just everything an S2000 should be. Planted, agile and easy to drive, just like a Honda should. :D

Ferrari SP1 review:

Before
Hmmm…I always wondered three things when saw this tune. 1) Who’d be stupid enough to cough up 1,500,000 cr for a Ferrari F430 with some plastic surgery done. 2) What the hell is this ‘Maybeline’ thing, is it a girl’s name or some makeup product? and 3) Is it any good? Well, after a quick drive, and an inevitable 5 hour debate on whether to buy the damn thing in the first place and a lot of crossed fingers, hoping for this to drive as nicely as it looks (I do rather like this styling, actually), I’m happy to report, the money hasn’t been wasted, and that this is easily the best Ferrari I’ve owned. The steering is so sharp, so connected and so responsive that it can fool you into thinking it’s lighter than it really is. In fact, it feels like it doesn’t have any weight at all. Couple that to the power, which doesn’t feel like it’s delivered to you in a smooth way, but more like a sudden spike of speed the moment you touch the power, and you have a car which goes, and feels, like a Zonda R. In fact, it’s pretty much Ferrari’s own version of it. Both are mid-engined, both have racing tires, both are cost a lot, and they make pretty much the same noise as well. Now, that would have been fine, if it didn’t have the one flaw the Zonda had. Which was, well, it’s not exactly easy to drive, the R. And the same applies here. It’s not as bad, but it’ll get twitchy and agitated if you overstep the mark by a centimeter. Oh, and the brakes, they feel slightly too soft for some reason. Not a nice thought when you have damn near 600hp screaming through those four massive exhausts and when you’re easily soaring pass 135mph and running out of room to brake and turn for the Hammerhead. But when the braking is done, and you’re turning in to a corner, the feeling, the immediacy of the steering, it’s such a nice sensation that you’d forgive it for its crap brakes. Then you get to a straight, and then you’ll go from forgiving it, to absolutely loving it. It’s got so much drama, so much excitement and so much of that Ferrari thoroughbred feel and magic that you’ll just gloss over its flaws and drive it for the sake of it. But it’ll be nice if, when the competition does finally catch up, it can be driven in anger and on the limit lap after lap. Shame that it can’t. Don’t get me wrong, it’ll easily run rings around its competition, and with a laptime of 1:07.118 it’ll be a while before anyone sees it’s rear lights. But it’s too unforgiving, the steering is too sharp sometimes and if you get a wheel off the gray, flat tarmac and onto the grass, it’s arse will overtake the front without a seconds warning. But hey, a formula of 1/3 Ferrari F430, 1/3 Ferrari 458, 1/3 Zonda R mixed in with a hint of lunacy isn’t what you’d call a dull combination, is it?

After
So, what has this tune done for it? Well, it’s taken what there was of the ‘safety net‘ between grip and oversteer and thrown it away. There is no warning of oversteer until it happens, the very fine balance that was drawn with a sharpen pencil has been erased, the warning has been removed. It’s not like it won’t grip, it will, more grip than you could imagine, and body roll has been completely tuned out, if there was any in the first place. It’s so stable, so graceful when it’s gripping the tarmac that it makes cornering at speed look unbelievably effortless. But if you push it beyond the tires capabilities, all the composure, the grip, the stability and grace is lost and replaced with…well, a lot of slides, a big spin and generally a lot of swearing afterwards. It doesn’t like being treated aggressively or with brute force, this. If you did that, the steering will get very snatchy and that’s your only warning. It response better to tip-toeing on the throttle through the turn, gentle ‘suggestions‘ on the steering rather than big tugs and wrestling the nose in, and then full power out. It’s not one for the drifters, this car. Nor is it for drivers who like to shout ‘POWERRRR‘ and nail it far too early through the corners like a lunatic, hoping the car will listen. No, if you tried that, it’ll unleash its wild, stallion heart and dispatch you without a seconds thought. Be gentle and treat the fragile balance between grip and oversteer like your life depended on it though, and it’ll lap the track faster than almost anything. Ok, that’s a lie. It did a 1:06.632, which isn’t bad, but barely a second faster isn’t much to get hyped about. Still, put it this way, the R8 V10 you guys tuned was only 2 seconds faster than this, and it had 200hp more, 4WD, and was easier to drive.

So, it can keep up with a R8 V10, but there’s still one question I need to answer for myself. Is it worth it? Well, that’s a tricky one, because the SP1 is undoubtedly good, but I bet you the RKM F430 Scuderia could do these kind of times if it had Racing softs as well. Sadly, since I haven’t reviewed it yet, I can’t tell. But chances are it will, and the thought of a car worth 1.5 mill that can be beaten by one that’s worth 5 times less, would make me feel, and look, like a bit of a dork. Still, at least I got the prettier one.

Laptime: (Tested on TGTT)
1:07.118 (before)
1:06.632 (after)

Ferrari SP1 review:
Thanks for reviewing the SP1! To answer your questions:

1. The guy who wanted the car made in the first place.
2. Maybeline is a woman's makeup brand and their slogan is: "Maybe she's born with it. Maybe it's Maybeline!" So that's where the name and comments come from. :lol:
3. Better than an Enzo but I reckon the Scuderia is better.

The thing I found with the SP1 was that the power never peaked, it just kept going and going until the limiter, so you had to shift as late as possible without hitting the limiter in order to get the most out of it. So naturally I made the handling suit the powerband. Get as close as you can to the limit and you'll be laughing, but overstep the limit and it's all over. :P
No.. no im talking about the new one they just announced recently
Its made by blackbox using Frostbite Engine Physics
Heres the Trailer:

Oh that. Doesn't seem too interesting to me looking at the trailer alone, especially with a name like that. :dunce: I'm just waiting for NFS Underground 3, if EA ever makes it. :P

Latest Posts

Back