S.N.A.I.L. Oval racing series---one off event

• Thread starter JLBowler
  • 351 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to confirm that I'm with the programme here :dunce:
It's : Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05 - correct?
Pretty sure I've never purchased it.

Car AnnouncementSince there wasn't a whole lot of discussion about it. We're going to go with the Evo IX from the dealership. I will break mine in and run some test laps and have the laps for Tuesday night posted by the start of Sunday's SNAIL races.

Awesome!!! I don't recall ever racing this on GT5.

Got mine all run in and ready to turn left and hopefully never to turn right. ;)

Last edited:
Just to confirm that I'm with the programme here :dunce:
It's : Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05 - correct?
Pretty sure I've never purchased it.

That is correct. We will be running it at Daytona SS and I will have the laps posted later today.

Just a reminder to all that the event for tonight is listed in the second post of this thread.

Who's ready to drop it to the floor and turn left? ;)

Evo action got me excited.

Awesome awesome!!!! Thanks to Xrad, Chatva, Racefan, Bowler, Fosi, and Green!!!! We come back from 25 secs to finish with in .277 of winner.

Incredible. Just incredible.

Awesome awesome!!!! Thanks to Xrad, Chatva, Racefan, Bowler, Fosi, and Green!!!! We come back from 25 secs to finish with in .277 of winner.

Yea man! Saved the replay. Gonna grab a few shots and post them up.

I think if the front group had one more person who knew what they were doing, we would have held them off (we lacked organisation, let's face it, lol)....however, we also would not have had the ramped up intensity of seeing the second group hunting us down with the laps dwindling :lol:

Personally, I'm just happy I managed to stay in the draft the whole race....I tend to struggle with that; lift off at the wrong moment to avoid someone and get hung out, things like that :)

Also want to say, since the first race. You guys have got this Oval racing under control. Personally knew the talent level signed up wouldn't have any issues adapting. ;)

Looking forward to next week!!! What car or cars on the agenda?

That was absolutly incredible racing. The second group as mentioned above made one hell of a run to get caught back up. 25 seconds back with 30 to go. For a 40 lap race to end and have 10 guys within one second of the lead is amazing.

Any time Owens ;) I was just doing what I could to keep it on the bottom and not wreck anybody (I hope I succeded at the second part of that, it was hard to tell at times when things got chaotic) and I walked away with a top 5 finish. Just surreal! I felt like a NASCAR driver, hahaha.

That was absolutly incredible racing. The second group as mentioned above made one hell of a run to get caught back up. 25 seconds back with 30 to go. For a 40 lap race to end and have 10 guys within one second of the lead is amazing.

Couldn't have said it better myself. That was in the top 5 coolest things I've experienced in GT5 👍

Probably not the best pictures you guys have ever seen but it is almost 1:30 AM

Superspeedway-Daytona.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_3.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_4.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_1.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_2.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_8.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_9.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_10.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_11.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_13.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_14.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_16.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_17.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_18.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_19.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_20.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_21.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_22.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_23.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_24.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_25.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_26.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_27.jpg

Superspeedway-Daytona_28.jpg

Last edited:
Some pretty good racing last night with one exception. If you are in 4th place and i am in 3rd running single file right behind first and second with 20 laps to go WHY do you feel the need to bump draft me, all you do is cause alot of movement in the front and actually make us slower.

Some pretty good racing last night with one exception. If you are in 4th place and i am in 3rd running single file right behind first and second with 20 laps to go WHY do you feel the need to bump draft me, all you do is cause alot of movement in the front and actually make us slower.

Actually no you don't. That's how we caught you leaders.

The bigger the bump draft train the faster you go.

Owens is right. Four, five, and sometimes six in a line nose to tail bumping all the way is how that second group made up 25 seconds.

But at what cost, i saw two or three people get shoved up the track and into the wall from people not knowing how to bump draft, its not as simple as just smashing into the back of the car in front of you.

besides, if they are in 4th with a train in front, where are they going to go? Its bump draft or fall behind.
I'm bummed I haven't been able to race, with homework , being sick and not seeing much of my wife, I've not had much time. Looks like you guys all had fun and a hell of a race.

I bumpdraft on the straights and let off the throttle for the turns so as to not ruin the line of the guy in front. Yes, I washed up several times last night, but that was on purpose because I preferred to be at the back as I didn't have to worry then about someone giving me a shove in the turns...that makes me nervous :scared:

I'm going to bump all the way around the track and I expect nothing less from everyone else. That said, I was way more comfortable being bumped than doing the bumping. I don't know if it was lag or just perspective, but most everyone in front of me was pretty swerve-y.

I push all the way round too. tez, you can wash out, no one is going to mind you letting them win. as far as being pushed or pushing, I'm equally comfortable doing either. Thoug it does get hectic when you have a group above you or below you, as for sure any car in a super speedway seems to be wobbly.

Letting up on the throttle fella, says it all... Just messing with ya, man. I know that stuff doesn't translate, but I still try.

Results from 4/2/13 @ Daytona

Qualifying race: 1. OwensRacing 2. Racefan78 3. DrGreenThumb

Main Event.............Pts...q race...total

1. JLBowler..............16.....0.....16
2. RickyBobbyV8.......15.....0.....15
3. dabneyd..............14.....0.....14
4. AJK-Vail...............13.....0.....13
5. Racefan78............12.....2.....14
6. moperlover...........11.....0.....11
7. OwensRacing........10.....3.....13
8. RacingChamp30.....9 .....0.....9
9. tezgm99...............8 .....0.....8
10. xrad-11...............7 .....0.....7
11. HusamOne...........6 .....0.....6
12. Nic-KL................ 5.....0.....5
13. Chatva............... 4.....0.....4
14. albitfosi.............. 3.....0.....3
15. DrGreenThumb..... 2.....1.....3

JLBowler scored the most points for the night so he will get to choose the car for next week.

Once again, great racing by all this week.

Last edited:
Letting up on the throttle fella, says it all... Just messing with ya, man. I know that stuff doesn't translate, but I still try.

To be fair, it was either let off the throttle or smashdraft the car in front :lol:

And yeah, things don't translate well online, that's why I've pretty much stopped posting in the main thread altogether.

I won't be able to do this next week, bowler. Our slo-pitch season has started back up and we have a game scheduled to start just before this does :(

Car announcement
The car for April 9 will be the BMW 135i coupe from the dealership. This car will run on sports medium tires.

I've updated the second post with the car info and laps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back