Sciaru BRZFRS (BreezeFrees)

• Thread starter Azuremen
  • 5,604 comments
The local Subaru dealer now has a BRZ in the lot. I wanted to check it out, but it's raining. So I'll have to put that off for another day.

Can't wait to start seeing these on the road.

After talking to local dealers Im getting the impression the frs will be my first chance to see one. Subaru where I bought the sti says they are getting 5 this year and all are spoken for, scion will give me a ring when one comes in and Im sure my inquires earned "potential buyer" call back. In the right package at the right price I could see myself letting go of the sti. :mischievous:

On the Toyota 86's Japan site has a configurator for the car and it has the price for the parts-

http://toyota.jp/86/001_p_001/exterior/three-d/flashpc/index.html

Ah yes, let me just order Rosetta Stone so I can learn Japanese. I'll be reading that all in no time...

I don't know if this has come up yet, but the BRZ builder is up. I really hope that's a carbon fiber diffuser to be $749.99 because it's just a simple bolt on piece that is probably worth $200 at most http://www.subaru.com/vehicles/brz/build.html?s_kpi=hero_image

Ah yes, let me just order Rosetta Stone so I can learn Japanese. I'll be reading that all in no time...

I don't know if this has come up yet, but the BRZ builder is up. I really hope that's a carbon fiber diffuser to be $749.99 because it's just a simple bolt on piece that is probably worth $200 at most http://www.subaru.com/vehicles/brz/build.html?s_kpi=hero_image

Im sure its overpriced but do you have any experience with carbon? Its crazy expensive and when its cheap its only good for a few years. A solid cf rear spoiler on a brz... Id think 400 or so but 799 that certainly is a bit high.

Google Chrome will translate most of it for you. It's pretty straight-forward anyway.

They'll have $200 plastic pieces for you soon enough.

The local Subaru dealer now has a BRZ in the lot. I wanted to check it out, but it's raining. So I'll have to put that off for another day.

Can't wait to start seeing these on the road.

Already? I'm going to have to check out the local Porsche/Subaru dealer. I can't imagine that we're getting many here in Grand Rapids, but we'll get a few. Currently, I'm more concerned about seeing the Scion and being bombarded with BS from their sales reps while my car goes in for service.

Considering how much the Chevrolet dealer wanted to give me for my Celica, if Toyota would match or up that, I'd consider getting a new car. But its very unlikely it'd be an FR-S. They still want too much, man.

Im sure its overpriced but do you have any experience with carbon? Its crazy expensive and when its cheap its only good for a few years. A solid cf rear spoiler on a brz... Id think 400 or so but 799 that certainly is a bit high.

If it's actual carbon fiber, that justifies the price. The thing is though, it's not carbon fiber.

news-brz-sti-package5.jpg

We're looking into those now. Max width is 7.5 though. Photoshop incoming.
EDIT: 5x100 lol.

Yeah, screw GL. Their fitments are bogus. 7.5 width is so weak I wouldn't even consider it for my car. Try and stuff an 18x9 under there and see what happens.

Volk G25, 5x100, either 18x9 +45 or 18x8.5 +44 with a flatish face but its not too bad.

Last edited:
EDIT: 5x100 lol.
Try and stuff an 18x9 under there and see what happens.
Good luck with that. There's some space in the rear, but none upfront. You might be able to with 225 tires on 7.5 wide rim while keeping zero camber w/o spacers or narrower suspension pieces. If you go with spacers/smaller offset, you end up with huge scrub radius, quickly killing stock bushings and getting some unexpected handling quirks.

Fully expected. This ain't my first rodeo. :lol:

Luckily the FR-S has thick rims on its wheel arches just begging to be flared an inch or so.

Fully expected. This ain't my first rodeo. :lol:

Luckily the FR-S has thick rims on its wheel arches just begging to be flared an inch or so.
Just watch out for those spring seats. Some tire flex and they'll rip through tires.

We'll probably end up with TE37's or G2's on the shop car. They're not going to make a final decision until we actually have the car in our hands.

They want to go big and I'm trying to prevent them from actually doing so.

I'm with you but if they want to be on every kid's bedroom wall and be all over stance nation, they gotta go all keefed out.

We'll probably end up with TE37's or G2's on the shop car. They're not going to make a final decision until we actually have the car in our hands.

Honestly, the best bet to get the car out there and recognized is to go big. Seeing that most of the people who are into this car are the younger crowd like myself, posters/stancenation is the best way to go with the way the jdm enthusiasts are going.

Don't go gangster big, go performance big. As wide as you can fit, race car flush, and tires with a very slight stretch like my fitment. A a matter of fact, I might even go with 17s and taller sidewall tires because the stock package is a bit scrawny for those fender wells.

^^^ That.

I meant big as in diameter big. I heard 19's flying around the shop and I really hope they avoid that. They put 20's on their project M3, which IMO is way too big. And sorry to say but this shop doesn't do stanced cars, so that is out of the question.

I was thinking along the lines of 17x8 and 17x9 but we're limited in sizes due to the lug pattern. Still looking into options.

They need to release a turbo version. I know they are planning to and that this version is mainly meant for driving dynamics but it's still slower than the top Fiat 500 and a Civic Si (in a straight line).

TVC
They need to release a turbo version. I know they are planning to and that this version is mainly meant for driving dynamics but it's still slower than the top Fiat 500 and a Civic Si (in a straight line).

Key words in bold.

This car is not about straight line speed. A lot of people don't get that.

The Miata has never been about straight line speed either. :sly:

Back