Sciaru BRZFRS (BreezeFrees)

• Thread starter Azuremen
  • 5,604 comments
The average buyer of a Toyota is usually in the 40-50 year old bracket, buying camrys and Priuses. In America at least.

The average Scion buyer is around the college age group. It doesn't make marketing sense to put it in the Toyota line up.

The average buyer of a Toyota is usually in the 40-50 year old bracket, buying camrys and Priuses. In America at least.

The average Scion buyer is around the college age group. It doesn't make marketing sense to put it in the Toyota line up.

Average age of toyota buyer is 62 and dropping. Average age of Scion buyer is 35 and rising.

Why not MX-5 RE?

Because Mazda needs the car to sell.

I could actually see that working nicely with Mazda's current naming convention, no how matter how incorrect it would be historically speaking.

Either way, it should never be the only engine offered in the MX-5, but it would be an awesome option. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

/off topic

I'm totally unthrilled by the sound of the BRZFRS. Just sounds kind of flat and uninteresting.

Average age of toyota buyer is 62 and dropping. Average age of Scion buyer is 35 and rising.

Buyer, or driver? Both my name and my dad's are on the title to my Civic. He's nearing 60 and I was 18 at the time of purchase.

I would bet most New Beetles are driven by teenage-college girls, but statistics would show the average buyer to be a 40-something male.

That miata got spanked. :embarrassed:
Not much of a surprise after seeing them go through the twisty spot on the first lap, the brz and 86 looked so much more well composed than that miata.
Kinda sucks for Mazda, first Best Motoring said they liked the Pontiac Solstice more, now this. :(

:lol:

Buyer, or driver? Both my name and my dad's are on the title to my Civic. He's nearing 60 and I was 18 at the time of purchase.

I would bet most New Beetles are driven by teenage-college girls, but statistics would show the average buyer to be a 40-something male.

Buyer. Driver statistics would be much, much harder to come by.

That miata got spanked. :embarrassed:
Not much of a surprise after seeing them go through the twisty spot on the first lap, the brz and 86 looked so much more well composed than that miata.
Kinda sucks for Mazda, first Best Motoring said they liked the Pontiac Solstice more, now this. :(

:lol:

Yeah and where is that Solstice now? :lol:

Just sayin'.

But like I said, the NC MX-5 has hardly changed over it's 6 year life span. Mazda needs to start teasing us with the new car, although I don't expect the car to be competitive with the 86. Not a huge deal for me, but I'm waiting to see what Mazda comes up with before I jump on the 86 bandwagon. If they surprise with a Rotary option and a good looking car, consider me sold. (turbo-4 works too)

Best Motoring liked the Solstice more? You're gonna have to find that because I straight up don't believe it. :lol:

Just checked and yea...
Solstice was faster and tsuchiya seemed to like it so much he questioned why it wasnt in japan.

Btw, I've been waiting for the chance to say this for my avatar's sake...
Believe it!

My mind has been blown. I seem to remember the Solstice being welcomed with middling reviews, very strange to see something like that.

Did the Daewoo version ever make it to Japan? That'd be about as close as anyone would have gotten in Asia, I think.

It is a Scion in America. Whoever said it shouldn't be? Your previous post sounds like you didn't realize it was a Scion in America.

ESZee, as for your stats, I do believe the average age for any new car buyer is generally going up. It makes sense that Scion's age is going up because it has become increasingly difficult for young people to buy new cars. Carmakers who market cars to exceedingly young buyers, like Scion, are basically aiming for a market that doesn't even exist. Unless the new car with a full warranty is cool and desirable for around $15,000, you're not going to snag buyers in their early 20s beyond the small market of college graduates who actually got decent-paying jobs right off the bat. The only people I know who can afford a new car beyond $15,000 are my friends who are working full time and not going to school. A person like me, who will be in school at least until 25, won't be in the market for these new cars until nearly 30.

It is a Scion in America. Whoever said it shouldn't be? Your previous post sounds like you didn't realize it was a Scion in America.

ESZee, as for your stats, I do believe the average age for any new car buyer is generally going up. It makes sense that Scion's age is going up because it has become increasingly difficult for young people to buy new cars. Carmakers who market cars to exceedingly young buyers, like Scion, are basically aiming for a market that doesn't even exist. Unless the new car with a full warranty is cool and desirable for around $15,000, you're not going to snag buyers in their early 20s beyond the small market of college graduates who actually got decent-paying jobs right off the bat. The only people I know who can afford a new car beyond $15,000 are my friends who are working full time and not going to school. A person like me, who will be in school at least until 25, won't be in the market for these new cars until nearly 30.

Keep in mind that keef-friends constitute a large portion of the USDM. :P
(BTW Keef, still waiting on your response to my complete ownage of your fail call-out on the best motoring solstice thing) jk ;)

That said, the Scion brand will get a swan song out of the FRS if they are lucky, if not that then I'd think the FRS will be the towing barge to carry the lump of garbage known as scion through the muddy waters of the USDM.
(edit:
Come to think of it, maybe the little box cars will continue to carry scion and the frs will be what revitalizes the brand?) :confused: 👍

Get a clue scion, no one is turned on by your idea of paying nothing less than MSRP on cars that were dealer ordered. :yuck:
If I'm paying MSRP I want something exactly the way I order it, nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:
That said, the Scion brand will get a swan song out of the FRS if they are lucky, if not that then I'd think the FRS will be the towing barge to carry the lump of garbage known as scion through the muddy waters of the USDM.
(edit:
Come to think of it, maybe the little box cars will continue to carry scion and the frs will be what revitalizes the brand?) :confused: 👍

From what I understand, they're killing the xB and xD. All of which seems very strange to me. The FR-S and iQ alone cannot carry the brand, particularly when most of their success has been built upon the xB from the very beginning. I've always liked the xA and xD personally, so its kinda sad that those types of "normal" vehicles will be gone.

As the post said, if Scion is going truly "experimental" with their vehicle range, looking only to fill the needs of niche buyers, they've got a lot of work to do. Someone get on the horn at Toyota and tell them Scion needs a "fun" compact that is actually a reasonably priced car. You know, a Corolla with a soul, and a lower MSRP.

From what I understand, they're killing the xB and xD. All of which seems very strange to me. The FR-S and iQ alone cannot carry the brand, particularly when most of their success has been built upon the xB from the very beginning. I've always liked the xA and xD personally, so its kinda sad that those types of "normal" vehicles will be gone.

The hell? They are killing off their best selling cars? What the hell are they thinking? (Assuming this is true) This just makes Toyota's effort of saving the brand even more difficult, probably useless now.

Precisely! Compounding the problem is the stupidly outrageous and increasing cost of tuition against expected beginning salary. I too won't be done with school for another 2 years minimum (just getting my bachelors now).

The Fiesta/Fit/2/Yaris group are pretty good for college students, but anything 'cooler' has a hefty premium. :(

I really hope the FRS/BRZ 'experiment' meets with success. Otherwise, who would ever try something like it again? I'm just worried that the price is too high and nobody will buy them. I have a sneaking suspicion that they are going to get a shocking number of test drives and an equally shocking amount of people who won't bite after driving a sports car with 'only' 200hp. The MX-5 can do it because it's really in a whole different sphere of existence in the car world. It owns it's own segment. The FR-S will be competing, more realistically, with the likes of the Genesis Coupe, Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger. Tough sell in the American market...

Back