Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 Visual Comparison

• Thread starter HuskyGT
  • 172 comments
Unfortunately, both odometers are in kilometers. Granted, all the other functional odometers in the game are in km, so maybe the odometers are coded like that and they can't change it.

One minor difference I've noticed they missed.
The 86 boxer badge on the front fenders are suppose to be just plain silver on the Scion, while the Toyota has a red trim. Right now even the Scion has red trim on the badge.

nojo15
Unfortunately, both odometers are in kilometers. Granted, all the other functional odometers in the game are in km, so maybe the odometers are coded like that and they can't change it.

Are you sure. I was just in the Scion and I was thinking it was in MPH.

Edit: Sorry. I was thinking speedometer. Didn't notice the other.

I'm sorry, but the FR-S will never be unique enough to be it's own car for one very good reason:

It's a rebadged GT 86.

Because it has no fog lamps it's a different car?
Because it has a different muffler tip it's a different car?
Because it doesn't have HID headlamps it's a different car?
Because that area of the tail lamp isn't red (or vice versa) it's a different car?
Because it's not RHD (or LHD) it's a different car?

This. Take an 86GT, wipe away the LEDs, fog lights, fender flares/turn signals, rear lamp whatever-it-is, remove the front plate, and change the rear plate to designate it as a FR-S. Then patch up the holes and replace the lights and top it off with a Scion badge. Then take the old interior, jumble the bits around, change it to LHD, and patch up the hole where the steering wheel once was.

Throw it all together, and walla! A new car! (as they say)

A nice car - yes - but not "new". But hey - it's free! Can't complain about that! (what was that? You thought [insert desired supercar company] would give you a brand new [insert car from said company here] for free?! Bwahahaha..learn how licensing works people...)

Scion is obviously their entry level version of this car. I want the Subaru. (I'm sure we'll get it in game, and maybe someday I get it in real life.)

Toyota subsidized this DLC, I'm sure. I will bet we get some players choice type DLC soon enough now that GT Academy should not take any more of PD's time.

This. Take an 86GT, wipe away the LEDs, fog lights, fender flares/turn signals, rear lamp whatever-it-is, remove the front plate, and change the rear plate to designate it as a FR-S. Then patch up the holes and replace the lights and top it off with a Scion badge. Then take the old interior, jumble the bits around, change it to LHD, and patch up the hole where the steering wheel once was.

Throw it all together, and walla! A new car! (as they say)

A nice car - yes - but not "new". But hey - it's free! Can't complain about that! (what was that? You thought [insert desired supercar company] would give you a brand new [insert car from said company here] for free?! Bwahahaha..learn how licensing works people...)

Pd didn't design the car,and restating the guy above you said , nice!

So what's your point? That PD has not spend just 5 minutes to add another variation of a car we already had, but that PD has spend many weeks/months to add another variation of a car we already had?

Odometer is one thing. I have no idea if both cars have a working one.

I was talking about the speedometer. The Scion is in miles (the digital one), and the 86 is in kilometers (both the digital and analog speedometer).

Except the Subaru isn't the same car...

The BRZ?

2013-subaru-brz-photo-432974-s-986x603.jpg

This?

Yes. In addition to the front fascia that is obviously different from the Scion/Toyota, the BRZ has a completely different suspension and damper setup. Therefore, not the same car.

Yes. In addition to the front fascia that is obviously different from the Scion/Toyota, the BRZ has a completely different suspension and damper setup. Therefore, not the same car.

Tuning shop > Suspension > Full Customize

they are now the same car.

you're splitting hairs dude..

I..I...

A different damper/suspension setup doesn't signify that it is it's own model.

It's like saying the AM Cygnet is a different car from the Toyota IQ because of it's interior..

Wow - it's this level of detail that makes PD modelling gods.

Pity it is a double-edged sword though - the models look fantastic, but that brilliance takes time to complete.

Free car - I'll take it and run! :)

TheeFrogmanlego I didn't know you could do Interview Shots on the Hanger Photo Mode Location? I thought Veinna & the River were the only ones? Is it the same rules again just Zoom in until the Windows go See Through?

I don't mind the fact that they just make a few adjustments from the existing model to make a new one. I actually wish they did it more often, like making the RS version of the 69 Camaro or making production versions of race/rally cars that share the same exterior model (like the rally Celica, for example).

I like that GT86 much than this Scion, but this Toyota and Scion looks pretty nice. For me, GT86 is only car I like from Toyota after times when I saw Supra :)

btw. only I want to see Subaru BRZ on GT5? :D

You could say that PD have been watching some of us play the game and have also started cutting corners! lol

What goes around comes around :)

This car is most likely a sponsored deal though, to promote the real car in the US market. That's why it's free. They are probably working on the proper DLC cars for next batch as we speak. God only knows what they'll come up with there though ;)

I don't mind the fact that they just make a few adjustments from the existing model to make a new one. I actually wish they did it more often, like making the RS version of the 69 Camaro or making production versions of race/rally cars that share the same exterior model (like the rally Celica, for example).

Agree. And racing/rally versions of the road cars. A BMW touring car, anyone?

Back