Seasonal Events 3/30/11: Lamborghini Exclusive

• Thread starter MarsSpork
  • 122 comments
BWX
Hmm, so now I'm gonna have to change discs from Shift2 to GT5 all the time. Haven't had to change discs back and forth for a long time.

For me it's receiver Input switch from PS3 to PC, and then G25 USB unplug/replug,

meh wishful thinking.

* Replays show the AI are actually using sports/soft.

That's pretty sneaky of pd :sly:

Was wondering if pd did something to the ai because the ai cars didn't crawl to stop in corners but because they still drove as poorly as they did before I kind of guessed it's about the tires or aero.

With the anniversary countach with sports hards the races are pretty fun and challenging depending on track though. It's imho pretty good idea to give the ai much better tires and then try to get the same pp in your car. At least the rabbit car drives similarly as you now :)

If the ai cars were all relatively equal without the rabbit car the races could be even much more fun.

I really like the capering reverse track too. Hadn't driven it yet and the last corners of the track are really awesome! Feels a bit like a mix of suzuka esses and nordschleife :)

Well that was good fun! I will admit that I'd probably have come last at Toscana.. but I cheated and switched driving line on for that one!! It gets dark pretty quickly!

They seem to have got the prize just about right now.....

I think this is the way the Lambo event in A-Spec should have been made in the 1st place...

Now, speaking of the events... the 5 of them were fantastic races, I loved it :) Thanks PD ;)

couldn´t win the capering one so far. second place with 2 seconds behind the winner. pretty sure i´ll win it after one or two more tries with my stock murcielago on soft/soft.

trial mountain was awesome, overtook the leader at turn 5 in lap 5. great fun, will do it again several times. very challenging. love the track. didn´t win nurburgring so far, tried it with the gallardo stock. don´t like it´s understeering, so i need a good setup before i can have fun with that car (don´t like 4wd´s on tarmac most times..)

love this seasonal :)

any tips for beating nurbringing? I'm using the 670 SV with racing hard, all aids off except ABS = 1 and I can't catch up to the miura in first place....i only have this car and slightly tuned gallardo 09

That's pretty sneaky of pd :sly:

Was wondering if pd did something to the ai because the ai cars didn't crawl to stop in corners but because they still drove as poorly as they did before I kind of guessed it's about the tires or aero.
Yeah, I was halfway through the first lap when it became clear something wasn't quite right! I "always" make up time in the corners even if I'm driving a dog.

any tips for beating nurbringing? I'm using the 670 SV with racing hard, all aids off except ABS = 1 and I can't catch up to the miura in first place....i only have this car and slightly tuned gallardo 09

I used a fully tuned Gallardo, detuned to 580 PP in the settings menu, and won by 5 seconds or so. I'd rate my skill as "average".....

Yeah, I was halfway through the first lap when it became clear something wasn't quite right! I "always" make up time in the corners even if I'm driving a dog.

Meh, any Lambo with Racing softs will still do.

LP640 FTW. Gives loads of powersliding fun for teh seasonals.

I have the Gallardo, lightweight as can be- no engine upgrades, just oil change, sport softs and body kit will net you the win at Nurburgring easily. It's going to take you 4 laps to get in first, just pass as many cars as you can in the first lap. You have to push, but don't push too fast. If you do you'll make a mistake, and one mistake will cost you the win. I've beaten it with sport softs and 552HP with the lightest possible Gallardo. It's doable with sport mediums as well. Makes it more challenging.

Both Murch's will beat the series in stock trim with sport softs.

My Gallardo had sport softs and a stage 1 engine modification. Hard races, and came close a couple of times (on his bumper twice across the finish line in Madrid, so it might be possible), then threw on the lightened flywheel and clutch and was able to come first no problem.

I had read about how poorly the LP640 was to steer, and at first I thought the same thing. Then after a couple of laps I started getting the hang of the car. Basically treat it like you're riding a rampaging bull. Its going to whip you around, but if you know when to pull on each horn, you can get the beast to corner nicely. I threw a full aero kit on it and it was almost perfect. I tore up Tuscana in it, taking 1st by the 4th lap. I think its actually one of my favorite cars to drive now. 👍

I used a stock chrome line and I thought the challenge was perfect. I hope PD keeps this up.

This really is an epic setup from PD on this one. I have been reading all the rave reviews on here of the Lambo seasonals. Just sat down for my first session: LP400 '74 at Cape Ring. 0 miles, no oil change, sports hards (stock). The best I could do was 10th place. Most fun 10th place ever. Had to squeeze a few momentary(momentary, because the other cars have so much more hp) drafts to just get 10th.

Then I took the 40(approximate) mile car -added an oil change and sports mediums. Took it back to the Cape, and was able to beat the Miura at the final corner. Had to do a bit of (unsporstmanlike)blocking to hold him off to the finish. I made a couple small bobbles on this run, and never really caught a great draft.. so it is very possible to take first earlier on. My run had a 1:45 start and mostly mid 1:42's after. I am sure 1:41's or 1:40's would be possible if you caught a draft at the right time.

Too tired to continue right now, but I look forward to getting to run the next track.

Has anyone out there had any success with a combo that Polyphony seems to be suggesting?

Here's what I tried out and my results so far...
- Murciélago LP640 '09 Chrome Line Edition (bone stock, oil change only)
- Sports Hard
- No aids except ABS=1
- Clean driving (no boucing off walls or the other cars in the corners)

Best Results
- Cape Ring Periphery - 10th (I stopped once I got better than 12th)
- Madrid City Course - 5th

I feel like 2nd place is attainable on both these courses with 5 great laps all strung together, but I'm not so sure about 1st.

With this setup, the car feels like it's on ice skates, with the computer faster in corners (especially the sweepers), but with you able to make up time when braking. Warning... trying out this combo may make you want to throw your controller/wheel through your TV!

I've really had a lot of fun with these seasonals. One little bad habit I've picked up at Nurburgring is flying through the chicane before the last turn half blind. Sometimes I manage to hit it just right and make up huge amounts of time on the other cars... but sometimes I fly into another car, sometimes I'll spin like a top through the grass, and occasionally I'll have lift off and start turning flips in mid-air. It's really reckless and stupid, but I can't help it.

BTW, I'm doing this in a tuned Gallardo with racing softs. I'm a noob.

Well me being the scaredy cat that I am I was dreading this! Bought a superveloce, hated it, sold it again. Then, because I still needed to do the level 17 Gallardo trophy I bought yep, a Gallardo. Bit of tuning required (small wing, weight reduction, racing softs, engine tuning stage 1) but now its the best fast car Ive tried! Yay a fast car I can drive! Truly superb handling, golded first two events, said to myself, I do like this car, did the level 17 event, gold, then went back into Seasonals and won the rest. It was all very touch and go, not an easy win (especially the final one when it gets dark!) But kept it in and completed them all! Immense fun, I love this car!

Has anyone out there had any success with a combo that Polyphony seems to be suggesting?

Here's what I tried out and my results so far...
- About 580pp
- Sports Hard
- No aids except ABS=1
- Clean driving (no boucing off walls or the other cars in the corners)

Yep this is the real deal all the racing soft guys just want the easy way. Noobs!
If you keep the sport hard tyres this Lambo Exclusive is the best event ever! You need to go as fast as you can If you want a chance to win, no mistakes allowed, this is what people was waiting for, a real challenge. No slow AI here just don't cheat, keep the car and tyres to your opponent's specs and have some fun! And answering to Rod no win at the moment I've tried with a Gallardo, but finally we got a very entertaining event in this game! 👍

I have the Gallardo, lightweight as can be- no engine upgrades, just oil change, sport softs and body kit will net you the win at Nurburgring easily. It's going to take you 4 laps to get in first, just pass as many cars as you can in the first lap. You have to push, but don't push too fast. If you do you'll make a mistake, and one mistake will cost you the win. I've beaten it with sport softs and 552HP with the lightest possible Gallardo. It's doable with sport mediums as well. Makes it more challenging.
My approach was slightly different, I dropped the weight, put on racing tyres then dropped the power to about 350 using the limiter. It winds up at about 520 pp. First place doesn't usually arrive until 3 or 4 corners from the end and only then if you make no mistakes (well, maybe a coupla small ones)

PS this might only be because I ain't that good.

Can anyone win on sport hards?I got 1st on sport mediums with 2 laps to spare but can only keep up on sport hards.I am using a stock LP640 with 11,000miles and the chassis rigidity isnt done.
And I noticed the AI are running on sport soft from the replay.Typo perhaps?

Well me being the scaredy cat that I am I was dreading this! Bought a superveloce, hated it, sold it again.

It's doable in a Super Veloce. I've done it.👍 Won't happen on sports hards though-sports softs are the better bet like SRV said. Pretty much every single car in the seasonals (including the Countaches) is at least as quick as a bone-stock Super Veloce.

I tried the Miura, Murcielago and Gallardo (all stock with sport hards).
Couldn't get higher than 9th place...
Gallardo was the best car to drive though.
Maybe I'll tune it a little bit or give it some soft tires.
I don't like changing a stock car, but with these events I have to...
(I prefer to drive only premiums with cockpit view)

I
I tried the Miura, Murcielago and Gallardo (all stock with sport hards).
Couldn't get higher than 9th place...
Gallardo was the best car to drive though.
Maybe I'll tune it a little bit or give it some soft tires.
I don't like changing a stock car, but with these events I have to...
(I prefer to drive only premiums with cockpit view)

I beefed my Gallardo to 600 bhp but it was still a challenge, only with racibg softs it was a fun challenge!

Can anyone win on sport hards?I got 1st on sport mediums with 2 laps to spare but can only keep up on sport hards.I am using a stock LP640 with 11,000miles and the chassis rigidity isnt done.
And I noticed the AI are running on sport soft from the replay.Typo perhaps?

Yup I noticed that too, I think it's a typo or a wrongly worded recommendation to use SH tires maybe? Not sure, but it SAYS they are using SH but in fact they use SS tires.

I think these challenges are the most fun and challenging with a suped up SV with sports hard tires. I haven't tried another Lambo though. On one of them I used SM tires, but I think it's possible to win them all with SH tires and the correct tuning.

Back