• 709 comments
United States
Brooklyn, Wi
krenkme
bkfjfdnemsj.png

Seasonal Tuning Challenge 2: FF cars @ 380pp
sorry for the pic... I did that :dopey:

Totally stolen from DigitalBaka

We like to move fast around here, in the cars and in forums as well. With the (very fun) Super GT/JGTC Shootout coming to a close we look on to the next event in June and to our host, XDesperado (aka Harvey).

But what to do between now and then? Sit around in the garage? Watch other people drive? No and no. Enter the Seasonal Tuning Challenge. These are fast, confined events that fill the gaps between the bigger shootouts. This will be our second event and what better time could we have picked? In the seasonal Front engine front wheel drive 430pp 380pp at Cape Ring Periphery, we shell see what the tuners can do.

How It Works​

Pick any FF car. Tune it any way you like as long as it meets the requirements for the event(with special requierments...posted later), share it let the drivers put it to the test. Tuners may also participate as drivers. Drivers must drive all tunes for their times to be valid in the final results. The fastest average time will be the overall winner. Tuners, make sure that once your car is shared it stays available. If you need someone to host a car for you, ask sooner than later. Also, make sure you have added all drivers to your (or your host's) PSN friend list as soon as you can once your car is posted and shared.

Short List
  • Tune a FF car to 380pp
  • Use whatever parts are allowed by the event restrictions set by PD
  • Ensure you car is shared and will stay shared for the duration of the event
  • Drivers are required to test all cars for their times to be valid in the final results
  • Winners will be the average time set by the testers in the race
  • Enter in as many places as you want (tuning and/or driving)

FF seasonal set at 430pp, but we're using 380pp :D

For this race, participating tuners will tune Any FF carAs long as it does not excide 380pp. Use whatever parts you feel are necessary (or not) and tune it so that it is legal for the event. Ensure you have fully broken in the car and changed the oil before placing it on share. Rule breakers will get a finger-waggle and a frowny face...I'm not kidding. :odd:(Again stolen from DB :bowdown: Thanks :dopey:)

Car Specifics
Any FF car.
Must be at 380pp or lower
Must run Sport Hard tires
NO Engine limiting
NO Ballest (a.k.a. adding weight)

Deadlines​
Tuners must have tune submitted by May 30th
Testers must have times submitted by June 3rd

*Dates subject to change*

Stuff You Will Get

TUNERS

Fastest tuner wins any tradable premium car (tuned by Clueless if you'd like )
Second fastest tuner wins a premium car worth up to 750,000cr (tuned by Clueless if you'd like )
Third fastest tuner wins a premium car worth up to 500,000cr (tuned by Clueless if you'd like )
Fourth fastest tuner wins a premium car worth up to 250,000cr (tuned by Clueless if you'd like )
Fifth fastest tuner wins a premium car worth up to 125,000cr (tuned by Clueless if you'd like )
Sixth fastest tuner wins a premium car worth up to 75,000cr (tuned by Clueless if you'd like )
Slowest tuner wins a Honda Today G '85 (tuned by Clueless if :dopey: )

TESTERS

ALL TESTERS will receive the payout for the seasonal (with all the tuners it will be over 5mil cr.) Plus a premium car worth up to 100,000cr.
Fastest tester wins a premium car worth up to 500,000cr (tuned by Clueless if you'd like )
Fastest Lap wins a premium car worth up to 200,000cr. (tuned by Clueless if you'd like )
Slowest tester wins a Honda Today G '85 (tuned by Clueless :dopey: )... I am ineligible :(

Just tired as of now, but if there are any questions, just ask, I don't bite :dopey:

Questions below please. OP will be edited to reflect any changes. Make good use of your time and have fun! :dopey:

Last edited:
Tuna

krenkme / PSN - krenkme

Prune
Onboy123 / PSN - Onboy123
Marshmallow Justice- Peugeot 106 S16
trackripper / PSN - Ziz528
VW Lupo GTi '01
Jollygreen / PSN - thelitch77
Honda CR-X SiR '90
XDesperado67 / PSN - XDesperado67
"Pretty in Pink"!
Geebaby / PSN - Geebaby
Hyundai Tiburon Turbulence '99
NEWDRIVER2 / PSN - OTS_NEWDRIVER2
HONDA CIVIC 1500 3 DOOR25I'83
VTiRoj / PSN - VTiRoj
Atenza 175

Theo777 / PSN - zigatan
Honda Accord Coupe '88 "Ghost of Periphery"
lldantell / PSN - ishawi
Prius G '09
C-ZETA / PSN - V16T91
Peugeot 106 S16
DigitalBaka / PSN - DigitalBaka
"The Shoe"
Jacktalad / PSN - CHRYSTALBUDS
Eagle Talon ESI '97
Shmogt / PSN - shmogt
Honda CIVIC SiR-II (EG) '95
GranTourist / PSN - liated_mi_lefuet
Opel Corsa "DTM-Edition"
amzgspider / PSN - amzgspider
Vauxhall Corsa Comfort 1.4 '01
LineR32 / PSN - LineR32
Infiniti G20 '90
ugabugaz / PSN - ugabugaz
Spoon CR-Z - The Orange-fin Tuna

Jahgee1124 / PSN - Jahgee1124
Spoon Fit Race Car
LanceVance / PSN - sorry I forgot it... I know it when I see it :dopey:
Daihatsu Cuore TR-XX AVANZATO R (J) '97

Last edited:
I'll see if I can get something in for this.👍👍

The no power limiting, no ballast thing is going to be a real b***h to deal with when trying to get to 380PP exactly. My guess is that most entries will be a few PP shy of the limit.

I'll whip something up this afternoon. 👍

I'm in 👍

I'm in for tuning

I'll see if I can get something in for this.👍👍

The no power limiting, no ballast thing is going to be a real b***h to deal with when trying to get to 380PP exactly. My guess is that most entries will be a few PP shy of the limit.

Got you all down as tuna right?

I think you are right Harvey. It should make it fun :dopey:

Onboy123
Make it the 3rd, I'd say. And we could do it in a week, you know? :lol:

Sounds like a good idea 👍... but I do reserve the right to extend it if necessary :D

trackripper123
The testers'll complain they only have 4 days to test :P

Testers??? We only have one so far :dopey:

Hi, iam new in gt5 but i can do somthing here so i would like to join this as tuna. My psn is OTS_NEWDRIVER2 . Thanks

Thanks for the warm wellcome . But don't exepct to much from me but i'll bost tonight 2 cars ff 380 pp :-)

Thanks for the warm wellcome . But don't exepct to much from me but i'll bost tonight 2 cars ff 380 pp :-)

I'm expecting you to be faster than old man Krenkme over there anyways. :lol:

Now…which route to take…? The fun slidey FF or the safe and steady shopping cart……

…Hmm…Krenkme, drive hard and be gentle with the throttle this time round, Imma going nuts for this round. :D

Onboy123
I'm expecting you to be faster than old man Krenkme over there anyways. :lol:

Now…which route to take…? The fun slidey FF or the safe and steady shopping cart……

…Hmm…Krenkme, drive hard and be gentle with the throttle this time round, Imma going nuts for this round. :D

Slow and steady wins the race...but not shootouts :dopey:

Oh great, another dead test driver. I'll start making my will... to Onboy I leave my TOF GT-R :D

Updated the deadlines, and the prizes :dopey:

I'm interested as a driver. My wheel should be arriving home from the shop today. But as I am working all day today and tomorrow until 9pm (eastern US) it will be hard for me to get on and add everyone until late tonight or Sunday. I'm only level 35 (almost 36), probably from my lack of skill at tuning but I can drive the wheels off some of my friends better tunes.

NascarManiaco99
You guys know my place in those shootouts, just put me there. :lol:

Tuner it is :D

Just kidding, got you down as tester :dopey:

JonnyLpizzaman
I'm interested as a driver. My wheel should be arriving home from the shop today. But as I am working all day today and tomorrow until 9pm (eastern US) it will be hard for me to get on and add everyone until late tonight or Sunday. I'm only level 35 (almost 36), probably from my lack of skill at tuning but I can drive the wheels off some of my friends better tunes.

I'm at level 40 and I still don't know how to drive :dopey:

Welcome to the shootout :cheers:

VTiRoj
Sign me up for both sides. I want that Today G. :D

That's what you said about the Beat, and you finished in the top five!!! :dopey:

Back