Seasonal Tuning Challenge 2 :It's over. Thanks for coming :D

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 709 comments
[QUOTE="nomis361lldantell- Prius G '09 (black)2:02.7
Ummm...things are about to get ugly sorry. This car really didn't appeal to me. The vacuum cleaner engine takes forever to respond to throttle inputs and after braking the front takes forever to bite before you start turning. On the plus side, the chassis is nice after the apex and thank goodness GT5 doesn't include the stupid keyless start or hidden handbrake pedal or nonsensical gear selector of a real Prius (the first time I drove one IRL, it took me 20 minutes just to get the damn thing moving!)

I know my prius slow and braking is a problem too but yeah the chassis is pretty good

Last edited:
Ooh - First time my cars gone first, and that's a first!

Could you go a bit more into detail regarding the kerb issue? When tuning I don't remember it having that problem though I rarely hit the kerbs (Mainly in high speed corners - you can view my replay in my tune post). Glad you found the car to be satisfactory. I think the slightly high Spring Rates are to blame for the car responding badly to kerbs.
In my opinion, (and I think you'll agree if you try it) the biggest offender on kerbing is the ARB's.
High ARB's make it hard for one side of the car to react without the other side reacting with it, a low ARB allows the left or right side to move more independently from each other, something very critical for uneven surfaces.

Well I guess Cuore isn't the best or atleast a reasonable car :((
The Cuore/Mira is a great car unfortunately its a victim of the PP system here where its very light weight gives it a lot of PP without the HP to back it up. If ballast and power limiting were allowed it would be a bit more competitive but still most likely wouldn't be a top car at this PP. I know that at 420PP with free use of Ballast and Power Limiter none of the other Kei cars can touch it and it will give a lot of others a good run.

The Cuore/Mira is a great car unfortunately its a victim of the PP system here where its very light weight gives it a lot of PP without the HP to back it up. If ballast and power limiting were allowed it would be a bit more competitive but still most likely wouldn't be a top car at this PP. I know that at 420PP with free use of Ballast and Power Limiter none of the other Kei cars can touch it and it will give a lot of others a good run.

And about the Avantime :lol: , 213 hp (stock + oil change + engine restore) and 1740 kg (stock) = 380 pp

And about the Avantime :lol: , 213 hp (stock + oil change + engine restore) and 1740 kg (stock) = 380 pp

Not when I tried it didn't. I bought one, and completely ignored the PP number it said it would go to through engine restoration, leaving me with a stock 381PP Avantime that was illegal before I could even test it.

Not when I tried it didn't. I bought one, and completely ignored the PP number it said it would go to through engine restoration, leaving me with a stock 381PP Avantime that was illegal before I could even test it.
Most likely an issue of mileage. If a low mileage one is at 381-382PP then most likely one with around 30,000 miles would just make the 380PP limit for this Shootout.

Most likely an issue of mileage. If a low mileage one is at 381-382PP then most likely one with around 30,000 miles would just make the 380PP limit for this Shootout.

7329262890_5b45d44bdb_z.jpg

Avantime '02 "Big Momma" GT5 by Diogo G. , on Flickr.

25,958.1 miles :)

(That would be my 2nd entry / surprise tune for FF challenge :/)

Yeah but who's fault was that? :lol:

Sorry for off-topic : When you drive the GTR '07 on Ring (to get the trophie) does it count too in a online race ?

Yeah but who's fault was that? :lol:

Yes, it was entirely my fault. :lol:

*steps out of room*

Damnit I could have been winning this and I wouldn't have had to worry about that oil change rioting if I had paid attention and got an Avantime with one less PP...! Oh me. :(

Yes, it was entirely my fault. :lol:

*steps out of room*

Damnit I could have been winning this and I wouldn't have had to worry about that oil change rioting if I had paid attention and got an Avantime with one less PP...! Oh me. :(

Want me to send you my Big Momma ?

Sorry guys my plans got changed on me this weekend. But I got Monday off and my son is in school so I can finish my last few times and post them. No worries

In my opinion, (and I think you'll agree if you try it) the biggest offender on kerbing is the ARB's.
High ARB's make it hard for one side of the car to react without the other side reacting with it, a low ARB allows the left or right side to move more independently from each other, something very critical for uneven surfaces.

Definitely could be. I set them pretty high (5/6) cause the car felt a bit wobbly.

One more day until this shootout closes, after Jonny posts his results I'll be doing some averaging and working out who had the fastest total time and the fastest lap. :)

I'm having trouble logging in with PS3. :( i have 9 cars tested. Unless I can get on tonight I might not be able to post all times. Hope I have the time to finish this.

JonnyLpizzaman
I'm having trouble logging in with PS3. :( i have 9 cars tested. Unless I can get on tonight I might not be able to post all times. Hope I have the time to finish this.

That sucks that you can't sign in.i hate when that happens too and I hope you test the cars and set the times

Sorry guys I've had connection issues the past few days. I'm not able to post my times. I'm only able see stuff through my phone. Again I'm sorry if I screwed this up.

I reckon we'll go with the times we have then, although it's a bit awkward with just one set of total seasonal times to go on with no average to take.

I'll have the results up soon.

EDIT: Unless Jonny miraculously gets his connection working again within 24 hours, results are as follows -

1st - Jollygreen / PSN - thelitch77
Honda CR-X SiR '90

2nd - Geebaby / PSN - Geebaby
Hyundai Tiburon Turbulence '99

3rd - Jacktalad / PSN - CHRYSTALBUDS
Eagle Talon ESI '97

4th - XDesperado67 / PSN - XDesperado67
"Pretty in Pink"!

5th - LineR32 / PSN - LineR32
Infiniti G20 '90

6th - C-ZETA / PSN - V16T91
Peugeot 106 S16

Congratulations to those with prizes, and better luck next time to those who missed out... Thank you for participating in this mini-shootout. 👍

Fastest tester award goes to NascarManiaco with a fastest lap time of 1.54.0xx with Jollygreen's CR-X.

All those eligible for prizes, PM krenkme with your choice (that's including you LanceVance, receiver of the coveted Honda Today G :dopey:).

Thanks must go to krenkme for setting this shootout up and providing the prizes and Onboy for providing a big hand in the admin role of running the shootout.

Hope you guys all had fun, I know I did. :lol:

Last edited:
trackripper123
I reckon we'll go with the times we have then, although it's a bit awkward with just one set of total seasonal times to go on with no average to take.

I'll have the results up soon.

EDIT: Unless Jonny miraculously gets his connection working again within 24 hours, results are as follows -

1st - Jollygreen / PSN - thelitch77
Honda CR-X SiR '90

2nd - Geebaby / PSN - Geebaby
Hyundai Tiburon Turbulence '99

3rd - Jacktalad / PSN - CHRYSTALBUDS
Eagle Talon ESI '97

4th - XDesperado67 / PSN - XDesperado67
"Pretty in Pink"!

5th - LineR32 / PSN - LineR32
Infiniti G20 '90

6th - C-ZETA / PSN - V16T91
Peugeot 106 S16

Congratulations to those with prizes, and better luck next time to those who missed out... Thank you for participating in this mini-shootout. 👍

Fastest tester award goes to NascarManiaco with a fastest lap time of 1.54.0xx with Jollygreen's CR-X.

All those eligible for prizes, PM krenkme with your choice (that's including you LanceVance, receiver of the coveted Honda Today G :dopey:).

Thanks must go to krenkme for setting this shootout up and providing the prizes and Onboy for providing a big hand in the admin role of running the shootout.

Hope you guys all had fun, I know I did. :lol:

I only got tested by one person so far

I said I'd ne about 5th to one of guys on friends list. Thanks to guys who ran this and the rest of you.

Back