Sega GT 2002

• Thread starter Spud
  • 68 comments
I recommend the Cheverlet Camaro. Once you fully mod it like I have you get it up to 420 HP. It has taken me to where I am now too. So you can just save up money after you buy it. I would definatley go with that man. I have no regrets. :)

[Edit]I had the 67' Celica too! Mine was green! [/Edit]

Yeah, I'm a player who bases cars on looks as well. I decided to go with the Camaro only because the available HP it had stock. The Skylines were right up there though. I was on the fence for a while trying to decide which to go with.

[Edit] Plus, if you're like me the looks really won't matter after a while. I use the inside car view. So it really doesn't matter. [/Edit]

Originally posted by Spud
I dont use outside views either, but for replays I gotta like what I see :)

Lol, I like to watch replays sometimes. I really like to take photos to hang in my garage. I love to take pics of my car sliding around a turn, it's so cool.

You're all aware that you should not take part in Group B Monsters, the Touring Car event and Hot Hatchbacks in the first season if you want some of the engine upgrades later in the game? Just a tip.

Me, I like the Fiat Berlina Corse (even though it is based on a 600, not a 500... ;) )
That's the great thing about the event races. Your opposition is based on which car you race, so you always have a reasonably even race.

The Dohmu Zero and Ford GT40 were my workhorses the first time I played through the game. For my second time I've used the Alfa Tipo 33/2, and have just started the second season. Good cars, but they're very small, and you sit very low in them.

I got this game free with the purchase of the X-Box.
I like it. I especially like the drag racing. It's not quite at the same level as GT3 but that's ok. Not enough tracks and not enough freedom to adjust add ons like on GT3.
The garage thing is kind of cool and the way you can put your car up for sale and you see it sitting in front of the garage. By the way, when you put a car up for sale put a really high price on it.
Someone will buy it.

The only thing that stumps me is that I finished the game and have bought every add on I can but in the drag race I can't beat the Super 7 anymore. I'm getting great times with the concept GT40 but not good enough to beat it. Any ideas?

Here's the deal on the Drag Racing...(Huge GT3 fan converted to Sega GT fan ALSO...)

The keys are first and foremost the upgrades...to beat the Super Seven (which is hard as heck)...you have to have the Stage Three Turbo of course...and THEN the key...is turn the Traction Control off...AND if you want an added insurance...lose the drag race on a day ending in 5...last night in my third time through it was day 305...and I lost to the Super Seven...THEN go to the used parts and there will be a "?" at the end of the parts list...it's Nitros! It cost just under 2K. You hit the "Y" button and the Nitros is used in a burst...BUT don't use it too soon...use it around 4th gear. Some other things you'll run into are the tire spins. With the TCS off...the tires burn like crazy. You either have to learn to launch...lower the turbo to stage 2...or go to manual shift. The drag racing is really unreal on this game. The lowest CONFIRMED time in the quarter I've see a screen shot off is 7.44 in the Concept!

Some guy said he ran a 6.5 in the Super Seven, but I don't buy it since you can't use Nitros on non-turbo cars. The Super Seven is an NA car.

To "BOSS"...As for the always Green Mustang GT390...I've yet to win a different color myself, but I do know you win it in Season 1 in the Event races level 4-2 named the "Eagle Flight" race.

Guys this game is actually pretty darn good. I still love the GT3 game better because of more cars...the ability to adjust the car settings more...more creative tracks...and the colors of the game are a little better, but to be honest...the driving of Sega GT is actually more realistic in my opinion. The angle you take into corners matters more...the view is different so the track is wider and in GT3 when you make a mistake you're off the track...in Sega GT the track is wider so you make a mistake you just lose time on the field. The AI is also more competative. You can't out horsepower the competition as much as you can in GT3 either. If you try to...race the race where you race like cars...awesome.

The Drag Racing is the in thing now though! I would love to see GT4 have this...way cool.

The only thing in Sega GT drag racing that I'd like to see different is not being able to just hold the throttle at the start. I'd love to see false starts and time penalties so the "launch" and timing the green mattered more.

Way cool stuff.

What is everyones best drag time in SGT2002? I know I have gotten in the 9's but I don't know the exact time. I use the GT40 Concept.

I use the GT 40 as well...and have all the mods.

With traction control off...and the stage three turbo...my lowest is a 8.199 quarter mile.

I finally got the NOS in the used parts section with all the mods and the GT 40 ran 7.787. I know I can beat that though...I haven't played with the timing of the NOS.

With the TCS off and stage 3 on the GT 40...you can beat any car in the drags without the NOS though.

But what a blast Drag racing is!

Please PLEASE have it on GT4

:drool:

Originally posted by Concept
So what if it's the internet? Why do you think grammer shouldn't matter? I think grammer matters.

Nowadays, you can fill out applications online. I don't think a company will look at someones application and take it seriously if it is typed in all caps or lowercase.

I also don't think Jordan will want someone to moderatoe his site that constantly uses caps or uses lowercase in every post. I know I'd never get a shot and I don't care, it's still neater to type correctly anyway.

Thanks for sharing your views on grammer.

Now, what do you think of grammar?

can ne of u guys help me, i'm on stage 5 and i just cant win at all. i've got 50,000 and a Skyline GTR V-Spec 2. What car do i need 2 buy 2 progress. thanks 4 ne help.

thanks for the tips masaru but i went back and bought a civic type R and won the eagle race giving me a mustang which i suped up and won stage 5, then i sold this car worth 320,000 and bought a Ford GT Concept now i win all the time.:D

You should also try the RX-7's. The FD3S has great acceleration and top speed,( well, the IV version that I use anyways..) The FC3S is also pretty good, good turning and has decent acceleration.
Theres also the Caspita. Even though it has a really high redline (9000rpm) it can really grip the road and has the power to make it one of the top "beast" machines.

sega gt2002 nutters! i am gettin my x box on monday or tuesday next week, any tips for which cars to go for first and stuff?

i have completed gt3 on ps2 and thought i would get an x box and see what the x box has to offer, got a brand new one for 200 quid with 7 games and am gonna flog five of em to recoup the money from buyin it, brand new from toys r us:embarrassed: but hey i gotta start somewhere havent i :lol:

any tips that get me on my way to a 7 second drag race will be appreciated;)

done hybrids with gt3, loved em, got a bit bored of doin 38 second runs of midfield in my lupo cup car, 5300hp:D
and 35 second runs of test course, just waitin till gt4 comes out, so any help guys?

I just want to know where the hell I can get this game from?

I saw it once, in EB (or game or whatever its called now) for £44.

Gah! I want this bloody game.

Latest Posts

Back