SimRaceway

• Thread starter bin0
  • 793 comments
Yes, race ghost ticked. Deleted everything in my Replays folder and now I get connection lost when I try. I'm on UK server maybe that's the problem. Will test again tomorrow, going to bed now.

Even though I'm in the UK, I used the US servers :sly:. The servers in the UK seem to be struggling. If you got any lag at the start, that could cause you to lose about 3 tenths by the way. Good Night.

The game is in it's infancy and seems to have a lot of problems with the online portion of the game (Which considering it's meant to be competing with iRacing, is a big problem).

What can we expect from a game that is free? I don't think there is any point in investing in new cars if there are basic problems with it.

I have connection problems at my end which mask the problems at their end, but if the lag spikes you guys are experiencing in hotlaps affects the races too, i'm not sure this game will take-off. The very least people can expect before they start pumping money into new cars is a reliable server environment.

The game is in it's infancy and seems to have a lot of problems with the online portion of the game (Which considering it's meant to be competing with iRacing, is a big problem).

What can we expect from a game that is free? I don't think there is any point in investing in new cars if there are basic problems with it.

I have connection problems at my end which mask the problems at their end, but if the lag spikes you guys are experiencing in hotlaps affects the races too, i'm not sure this game will take-off. The very least people can expect before they start pumping money into new cars is a reliable server environment.

My view with the lag spikes is that they are caused by loading the car for the player who has just joined the session (despite the fact that you don't actually see them). This shouldn't happen in races given that more players can't join once a race is in progress (I think).

It's kind of a vicious circle; the game isn't good enough so people don't want to spend money on it. If not enough people spend money on it, the game doesn't improve. :lol:

I guess it's the same reason why many free to play MMORPGs never really took off.

If you register and download today before the end of the 24 hours of Daytona you get $5 of freee in-game credit. I may re-register just to get it.

I tried this out today, Its actually a pretty decent game! I'm just confused at how you get more cars..

I tried this out today, Its actually a pretty decent game! I'm just confused at how you get more cars..

You receive 5 credits for each valid lap you do in events or quick races, so it does take a long time to save up and buy more cars.

You receive 5 credits for each valid lap you do in events or quick races, so it does take a long time to save up and buy more cars.

I almost have enough for the BMW now too. I have 410 credits, 60 to go! 24 minutes of driving (with all being counted) I'll have the funds. :D

I DLed this one last night.

Not bad for a small company, but dang lack of shadows is bad. The car, and I say car just because all I drove the the Mitsu, was pretty decent.

I did notice I could fly around Infineon alot faster than I can in other games.

This is still beta? Or is this final?

Vaxxtx
I DLed this one last night.

Not bad for a small company, but dang lack of shadows is bad. The car, and I say car just because all I drove the the Mitsu, was pretty decent.

I did notice I could fly around Infineon alot faster than I can in other games.

This is still beta? Or is this final?

It's still a beta.

It's still a beta.

Good to know. The track selection is pretty decent, and the sounds are good. Needs a graphic update though.

The pricing is spot on. How the heck do you get into MP races?

Anyone still playing this game? It's having a lot of lag recently, and I just realized I can't shift my car manually in practice mode, it only works in Events...(PDC Hotlap 4 for the Evo)

A quick heads up for anyone who wants some new cars - at the moment the Audi RS4 and R18 TDI are free! (I'm guessing it's a Sebring promotion, as they've signed Allan McNish to work with them).

I just tried this last night. Gotta say, isn't bad for being free. Physics wise it's nice, FFB is fairly good, not the best but good.
It does look better than rf1, but still, not much to say positive here, although the car models themselves seemed very well done.
Sound is good for the Mitsu, as that's all i have.

I'm sure I'll be getting on tonight to try n get a RWD car and try that.

The biggest problem I have with this game is the fact I can't change steering lock. An evo X with....what was it? like 20 degrees? kidding me?!
I think the understeer issue with this car is the fact you cannot set up the car yourself.
I got enough to buy the kart, and it was the same gripe, only undrivable due to such, as I don't like changing my profile settings to allow less rotation.

Still, I enjoyed the couple races I had. The tracks were actually VERY impressive to me, at least all the real worlds :)

Hey all...

Tried simraceway and i have to admit that the physics are very authentic, GT5 feels way overdone when it comes to sliding and spinning! It actually feels like the car has physical contact with the tarmac!

Also love the wheel adjustment settings, there's ton's of them! GT5 none!

Have anyone tried it and if yes, what do you think?

I think you're in the wrong section.. Simraceway is alright... I like Rfactor and Iracing much more though.

Those are GT5 users, and you're in the wrong place. So you should move the thread or just sit by till a mod does it for you. Either way you're in the wrong. Also there is a simraceway thread already, which ironically is in the correct place. Console&PC gaming is where this goes.

No this is questions and answers about GT5.
For example how i collect the stealth cars. Or gt5 wont load. These sort of questions.

Those are GT5 users, and you're in the wrong place. So you should move the thread or just sit by till a mod does it for you. Either way you're in the wrong. Also there is a simraceway thread already, which ironically is in the correct place. Console&PC gaming is where this goes.

So you telling me that i should go to Simraceway forum to ask if this game is any good and how it feels compared to GT5? Can we have some logic here?

So you telling me that i should go to Simraceway forum to ask if this game is any good and how it feels compared to GT5? Can we have some logic here?

I never said that, can we get you some reading comprehension. If you're going to troll go ahead, but you'll see how far that gets you on this forum. The logic or rather your lack of it and stepping further into the irrational is why others agree with me. This isn't for GT5 questions because Simraceway has nothing to do with PD and GT5. Thus you are wrong follow the AUP and learn to be humble when others are trying to help.

Oh and Trux gave you the link to where you need to ask this question.

Sputnik

Logic would suggest that on a website called GT Planet's forum, the majority of users would be familiar with the Gran Turismo series, so you can expect the question to be competently answered in the correct forum.

I've tried Simraceway, it's built on rFactor's engine and to my mind feels exactly the same, which is a very good thing. GT5 by comparison is just less realistic, I find there's too much grip up to a point but exceeding the limit of what the car is capable of results in a much faster loss of control, or so I've found anyway.

I'm tempted to buy a car or two, but they're so cheap (the Morgan 3-wheeler was less than £1 last time I checked) I can't help but wonder if they're temporary rentals rather than permanent purchases.

I've only driven the Lancer, but the physics are not great. They are enjoyable and with the right settings (in the logitech profiler 400 degrees) they feel good, the FFB is good, definitely an improvement over Rfactor.

But... the car does not drive realistically, and it very much feels like a good Rfactor mod with the edges rolled off. Personally I dont think it is as realistic as GT5, or don't think the physics feel as good (on this car), though it doesnt feel like an arcade game, it doesnt drive very much like a modern sim. I'm saying that as a fan of GT5 who also doesn't think that GT5 is that great outside of road cars on low grip tyres.

Project Cars for example is far far far ahead of simraceway in terms of physics and driving realism, as are some Rfactor mods, iRacing, NetKar, etc etc and all the other sim games.

You mention the many settings, thats always been the worst thing about Rfactor, you have to spend an age messing with settings to get it to feel like other games feel when you plug in. Rfactor is the only sim I have that requires any setup at all to feel decent, all the others feel great from the go and settings are used to finetune. Simraceway is essencially a heavily modded Rfactor, and that much is instantly obvious.

Last edited:
I've given this another go lately and have some comments to add. The game has had many updates and changes since I last played/posted.

There are a lot more cars available now, leaderboards work and there are many events being put up with prizes for leaderboard winners. A few new tracks added, and the quality of those tracks is really nice (I really like the Lime Rock, previously driven in iRacing).

The original Lancer Evolution is not a good representation of the sim as a whole, having driven the Mclaren Mp4-12c, Toyota Supra and Formula Renault 3.5 cars I can say that I'm really impressed with how they have the driving model, it is every bit a full on sim with just that last 1% of the edge taken off.

For me that 1% edge in sims was generally the unrealistic transition from real life to simulations, where the right numbers are used but in comparison to the real world they dont quite add up, even if they are good (iRacing is a perfect example here, and many real life drivers have commented on it).

Getting back on the point, the FFB is better than i've ever felt from Rfactor regardless of mod and it feels really really solid, in short the FFB is great. The physics and cars feel good to drive, realistic (not perfect) and challenging but not overly punishing. Had some good racing with some good (and not so good) drivers and really enjoyed it, gaining credits for each online lap driven makes it very easy to stack up those credits and buy more cars, cars that are modelled well (the Mclaren MP4-12c is fantastic). Graphics are not great but with the newer tracks (lime rock) they have done a good job with what they have and it looks decent enough, the sounds are again nothing spectacular but decent enough.

This Simraceway is definitely worth any sim racing fans time, if you can appreciate driving street cars with well polished Rfactor physics and a much improved FFB, a decent friendly community with leaderboard based events then this is a winner.

For what its worth the game felt better for me at 400degrees, rather than 900, with my G27. Every tuesday they have a "Test Drive" feature that allows you to drive a certain car for a day without buying it (with money or ingame credits).

Last edited:
Back