So, how was your day?

• Thread starter kidd0218
  • 7,291 comments
Had a "wonderful" day yesterday with my plans for my dad's birthday all going down the drain very quickly. Had planned through the whole month to take my dad to a restaurant for his birthday, but as always with family AND friends, (Everyone around me seems to do it...) they changed their mind at the very last second. My mom starts yelling at me that my plan to dine out with my dad and the rest of the family never existed, despite me giving them reminders up until the day before. So my dad decided to side with my mom and started yelling and throwing stuff at me. Forcing me to leave the house as they went and changed the locks on the house and threatened to call the police if I returned... May as well take my co-worker's offer to live with him.

It's always my luck after having a good day or couple days. It's always followed up by something 🤬 Always...

The last few days I've been recovering from dental surgery. I had an abscessed tooth which was saved, but I've been dealing with a mouthful of stitches and taking large numbers of painkillers since last Thursday.

But today I awoke pain free and have taken only two aspirin. This afternoon I'll run some errands and attend a sword fencing lesson. :)

News broke to me that I have to pay for my classes out of pocket... how do I feel? I feel like crap for that, but I won't let that impede on my labor day weekend of potentially getting wasted in Sanfrancisco. Enjoy life, and that's rare coming from the mouth of a person like me.

Epic. Landed a part time job writing articles on the net and I've got a couple GTP'ers coming over tomorrow.

Had a "wonderful" day yesterday with my plans for my dad's birthday all going down the drain very quickly. Had planned through the whole month to take my dad to a restaurant for his birthday, but as always with family AND friends, (Everyone around me seems to do it...) they changed their mind at the very last second. My mom starts yelling at me that my plan to dine out with my dad and the rest of the family never existed, despite me giving them reminders up until the day before. So my dad decided to side with my mom and started yelling and throwing stuff at me. Forcing me to leave the house as they went and changed the locks on the house and threatened to call the police if I returned... May as well take my co-worker's offer to live with him.
🤬

O_O <<- my face after reading that.
Take your co-worker's offer and take your brother with you. To be honest, everytime I read your posts I would stay neutral; have that 'let's-hear-both-sides-of-the-story' mentality. However after reading that.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's been depressing..... I've been missing this girl I used to know. We've bee texting and keeping in touch however the more I talk to her the more I miss her. In a year or so, I'm planning to drive down to the States so I can see her and we'll both drive further to meet up with old friends. Sounds like a pipe dream but whatever.... gives me hope. That's all you need, right...?

Forcing me to leave the house as they went and changed the locks on the house and threatened to call the police if I returned... May as well take my co-worker's offer to live with him.

It's always my luck after having a good day or couple days. It's always followed up by something 🤬 Always...

Your parents seem crazy as ****.

Week two nearly over and I'm already falling behind. I want to forget this week.. Vague teachers, wrong books, and lack of money at the moment it's needed. I've never been so stressed out. I keep telling myself that I should expect the worst, but this is just overwhelming. Education in America is backwards, or maybe it's just this ****ing school.

Got my best friend hired at my job today. Hopefully this makes work better, as I've been having a very hard time fitting in at the workplace otherwise. Also noticed that a girl that works at the cafe I go to has been looking at me with interest recently. Things are finally picking up after a depressingly uneventful summer.

After having a horrible time at the beginning of the week. I can say I ended it...very...very well. Especially when I got to see these. (More will come eventually in the Showroom/Event thread...)
1962275_10204841750702947_7205544623809433962_o.jpg

the_xnr_concept_by_medigoflame-d7xheff.jpg

And came across Ralph Gilles (Didn't get a pic), Larry Kosilla of /Drive, and Stirling Moss! (Didn't actually meet them...)
10551680_10204841742542743_2113639542211354389_o.jpg

10629281_10204841742782749_8971770660936409369_o.jpg

My day went pretty well. I'm starting to memorize my schedule and get to classes fairly quickly. #HighSchool #Freshman
My bus parked WAYYY down the road and I had to get to it in time. :odd: (I did btw)

I'm now sitting at home, typing this with an awful headache. :grumpy:

My day went pretty well. I'm starting to memorize my schedule and get to classes fairly quickly. #HighSchool #Freshman
My bus parked WAYYY down the road and I had to get to it in time. :odd: (I did btw)

I'm now sitting at home, typing this with an awful headache. :grumpy:

#Carriderlifeyo

I didn't know you were a freshman, Me too.
i got used to my classes fairly quick sense i have the same 4 classes everyday.

Was it worth it? Did you store some great memories? Also, don't worry. Everything will work out in time.

Spent $300 on food and drink, got kicked out of a hotel, almost missed a flight, and missed a day of class. Was it worth it? No. Great memories? I guess.. And yes, everything will work out in time.. I learned that from visiting the college that I want to go to, it's going to take me three years in other colleges to be able to go there..

Well I've had a rather dull day to begin with. Work was the same as every day, but it's now my weekend so I've can relax for a few days.

Nice glass of red and pulled pork burito and I'm now tucked up in bed a little tipsy from the wine but content.

So while I'm a little free, I love you all GTP.

My day wasn't so bad. I had Sixth Form and then a radio show. I fitted a new rear wheel bearing on my car and then got offered some voiceover work with Pirelli. I'd call that pretty good.

It was windy this morning, and I didn't have too do much work at school because some people were away. Good enough

It rained really hard straight after class had finished. For like, half an hour! The school looked like a river, with some MASSIVE puddles on the road!

Probably the worst day... Officially kicked out of the house without notice. Come home from work with every single door's lock changed and parents threatening to call the police if I even try to get inside. Ended up sleeping at a friend's house whilst my parents force my brother to pack my stuff up to either throw it out or send me off. Stuck with nothing but the clothes on my back and my car. I've just about had it...

Probably the worst day... Officially kicked out of the house without notice. Come home from work with every single door's lock changed and parents threatening to call the police if I even try to get inside. Ended up sleeping at a friend's house whilst my parents force my brother to pack my stuff up to either throw it out or send me off. Stuck with nothing but the clothes on my back and my car. I've just about had it...

Mate... how many more of these gut-wrenching stories do we have to hear about? What happened to the offer your friend made?

Mate... how many more of these gut-wrenching stories do we have to hear about? What happened to the offer your friend made?

I wasn't able to contact him all day. But I suppose I could try again today as he was busy yesterday. I was hoping to move out of my parents house, just not this abruptly...

Back