Spec FRS/BRZ/GT86 Challenge

• Thread starter djchon661
  • 389 comments
I wouldn't expect big changes with the physics. The GT series has been very successful with what they provide. They tend to stay right between arcade / simulation physics. Not a full blown arcade game, yet not a full blown sim. Keeps both parties happy for the most part.

I'd love to see them go in the direction of pure sim. But it will never happen.

So no big improvements with physics? No one seems to be mentioning anything about it in the forums. I wont be able to try it out until late tonight or tomorrow afternoon.
I noticed it more trying out a couple GT3 cars in an online lobby. Less grip especially at DRC at night.

I think I'm getting sick, I need to leave work early!

At least there are new tracks and cars. And I'm sure I'll spend endless hours picking out a new outfit for my driver.

Last edited:
I think I'm getting sick, I need to leave work early!

At least there are new tracks and cars. And I'm sure I'll spend endless hours picking out a new outfit for my driver.
I'm liking the new tracks. My type of track. Fast sweeping corners. Also they brought back Apricot Hill one of the best original tracks in my opinion. Most tracks also have the time/weather progression.

There have been some changes to the online lobby and accessing your friends lounge (no more coffee cup). You can also set for mandatory pits. Qualifying session is a little different too.

I've only been playing for less than an hour, but so far I'm enjoying myself. I think the ol G27 feels quite nice and the physics so far, feel a bit better. The graphics are a bit improved,although, I'm seeing a lot of flicker. The loading times seem quicker. Time to go do some license tests.

I'm online if anyone wants to race GT3 or Le Mans.

Tired of the single player already, its the same as before. - Drive around the moving chicanes and hurry up and catch the leader hes 20 seconds ahead of you. :banghead:

I've only been playing for less than an hour, but so far I'm enjoying myself. I think the ol G27 feels quite nice and the physics so far, feel a bit better. The graphics are a bit improved,although, I'm seeing a lot of flicker. The loading times seem quicker. Time to go do some license tests.
Agree. I feel a difference in the way the cars handle. Mostly when braking through a corner or when correcting a mistake. And as RR mentioned, more oversteer and loss of grip when getting through at a higher speed. A good thing for realism. I set my wheel to 7, set the game to simulation and ABS 1 only. No tuning. I see flicker as well.

I'm online if anyone wants to race GT3 or Le Mans.

Tired of the single player already, its the same as before. - Drive around the moving chicanes and hurry up and catch the leader hes 20 seconds ahead of you. :banghead:
I'll probably have A unlocked by Sunday. Limited time to play right now.

feedback 7, simulation,abs 1, also. Great minds think alike. Although, that has nothing to with us.

Ya I agree so far so good , brakes feel better too , we can have a lot of fun with this game!

I agree with everything said (my wife has me well trained), definitely seems like steps in the right direction. Hope to finish National A tomorrow. Nice getting the gamestop addition, lots of cars to try tomorrow.

So has anyone else been spun or punted by the AI? They seem to be a little more aggressive, blocking and actually trying to pass each other. And where are all the break marker boards?

I am envious of all of you that have the new game.:drool:
My pre-ordered copy never arrived nor does it exist in the ebgames ordering system, me not very happy :banghead::mad::irked:
I am going to have to go out and try and find a copy of this game before Christmas! :odd:
hope to crash into all of you soon, hopefully before the new year :dunce:

So has anyone else been spun or punted by the AI? They seem to be a little more aggressive, blocking and actually trying to pass each other. And where are all the break marker boards?
I've been tapped and a hint of a pit attempt. And right. Less markers.

We'll hell, I think they did a pretty good job! Tracks look great. Can buy any car you want, no more waiting for a car to show up. I am no expert by any means but the physics feel much better. I can see what my car will look like painted. Released on time with lots of nice content (vision gt!). I think it's a good commitment by PD, I think they'll get the sounds worked out soon. Still can't get online yet, no time to finish that National A license, I think I might be sick for work on Monday.

Don't worry kids. Let's hope that little arena go kart track will in fact be available as an open concrete pad as in the cone coffee challenge in our lobbies. Already have Fiasco plans.

I've been tapped and a hint of a pit attempt. And right. Less markers.

We'll hell, I think they did a pretty good job! Tracks look great. Can buy any car you want, no more waiting for a car to show up. I am no expert by any means but the physics feel much better. I can see what my car will look like painted. Released on time with lots of nice content (vision gt!). I think it's a good commitment by PD, I think they'll get the sounds worked out soon. Still can't get online yet, no time to finish that National A license, I think I might be sick for work on Monday.
i agree with you there. Another plus is the blind side warning markers.

Just a heads up for those trying to unlock the license test. You only have I do enough races to get enough stars to open it up.

FYI. You can customize your gauge colors. I think it's in the pause menu while your on track. Pretty cool feature.

I haven't been tuning my cars incase we decide we are going to run tuning prohibited races. Which I hope is the case. Takes too much time to tune and test.

Back