SpinTires - The Ultimate Off-Road Challenge (Demo)

• Thread starter digiprost
  • 278 comments
Thanks @Flash_Sweden I also tried the oovee forum and got most of it but didn't realise there are a lot of mods available off the bat via Steam too, awesome, and also explains why there only seem to be custom maps rather than vehicles in the official forum, which needs a little more work, as you explained above :)

For some reason I checked a while back and it seemed oovee were a bit more reluctant to allow mods, particularly maps, but they were also promising an official map editor...

No problem :) I would also recommend you to download and install Spintires+. It's an awesome mod that allows you to use the winch even if the vehicle has tipped over. It's especially great when you're doing som offline driving, and there are noone there to help you. :) And that's just one of all the great features that's in ST+ :)

http://www.oovee.co.uk/forum/files/file/1310-spintires-plus/

Thanks, always wondered why the winch stopped working when inverted. Does it let you release the parking brake of damaged vehicles and tow them too? I guess I could check it and find out myself =)

Thanks, always wondered why the winch stopped working when inverted. Does it let you release the parking brake of damaged vehicles and tow them too? I guess I could check it and find out myself =)
You've always been able to tow a vehicle. You just have to choose what o do when you're in the advanced menu :)

You've always been able to tow a vehicle. You just have to choose what o do when you're in the advanced menu :)

I know you can tow them but when you reclaim the towed vehicle and it's fully broken down it always says the parking brake is on too. Although it doesn't act like it is, so it might be a little oversight by the programmers.

Wow! I'm very glad to see the community has put out some polished add-on maps made for straight 4x4ing instead of the game's objectives. I don't dislike the objectives, but the default maps aren't very fun to navigate. I wasn't very enthused by the wide muddy roads for the large logging vehicles, the lack of fun trails for the UAZ-469, and the obnoxious roundabout routes caused by the distribution of impassable treelines.

I'll admit I pirated this because I wasn't convinced the objective-based gameplay would be fleshed out enough (it isn't as much as I had hoped) and I wasn't sure the full version would be playable on my laptop. The framerate is actually fine, but the last time I played my laptop overheated and shut down (it's five years old now, so it could probably benefit from blowing some dust and dog hair out). When I replace my laptop someday, this game will be a definite purchase for those add-on maps.

Wow! I'm very glad to see the community has put out some polished add-on maps made for straight 4x4ing instead of the game's objectives. I don't dislike the objectives, but the default maps aren't very fun to navigate. I wasn't very enthused by the wide muddy roads for the large logging vehicles, the lack of fun trails for the UAZ-469, and the obnoxious roundabout routes caused by the distribution of impassable treelines.

I'll admit I pirated this because I wasn't convinced the objective-based gameplay would be fleshed out enough (it isn't as much as I had hoped) and I wasn't sure the full version would be playable on my laptop. The framerate is actually fine, but the last time I played my laptop overheated and shut down (it's five years old now, so it could probably benefit from blowing some dust and dog hair out). When I replace my laptop someday, this game will be a definite purchase for those add-on maps.

I also "tried before I buyed" when the game was in its infancy, and there was a kind of tech demo running alongside the paid-for version (although I might be mixing that up with BeamNG), but it ran pretty OK for me so it seemed fair to buy it. I can understand that being a harder choice if it still doesn't run smoothly though, but it may have been optimised somewhat since.

I'm having fun messing with custom mods now, have been running laps of a baja/dakar style track in various custom vehicles, but also pitting myself against some challenging custom maps with objectives. Highly recommend Crater/Crater Hard maps which are available from the Oovee forums.

Back