SpinTires - The Ultimate Off-Road Challenge (Demo)

• Thread starter digiprost
  • 278 comments
DKNStSN.jpg
lPZJCYs.jpg

^^Awesome. 👍

More info please?

Just testing some of the trucks I downloaded from the workshop. That transporter truck is absolutely massive and carries those 8x8 trucks with ease. The trailer wheels actually help with steering as well and each set has independent suspension.

That's the kind of mods I prefer:

Another classic Russian truck, the 1958 ZiL 157.
2015-12-09_00003.jpg

2015-12-09_00002.jpg

1965 GAZ 21 Volga
2015-12-09_00006.jpg
2015-12-09_00005.jpg

ZAZ 968M Zaporozhets
2015-12-09_00009.jpg

some Tatra 8-wheeler
2015-12-09_00011.jpg

UAZ 452 "Bukhanka"
2015-12-09_00012.jpg

2015-12-09_00013.jpg

Recently got SpinTires after friends were recommending it. I've been itching for an offroading game for a long time, glad to finally play it! Been having fun offroading with friends and tackling difficult terrain (including some hardcore custom maps).

Has anyone had any luck installing vehicle mods that are not in the Steam Workshop? Also, seems like custom maps have been removed after a recent update.

Recently got SpinTires after friends were recommending it. I've been itching for an offroading game for a long time, glad to finally play it! Been having fun offroading with friends and tackling difficult terrain (including some hardcore custom maps).

Has anyone had any luck installing vehicle mods that are not in the Steam Workshop? Also, seems like custom maps have been removed after a recent update.

I did before they launched the workshop, but it was annoying because you had to replace the original trucks. They are still waiting to add mod maps to the workshop, having trouble implementing it I think.

I just started to install it. :) Have been watching too many videos of it on YouTube to not buy it. I just hope that it lives up to my own hype :lol: And IF it doesn't, it wasn't that much money anyway:tup:

yes just seen this..

Behind the dense forests, swampy lakes (or big black twisters) we have been working hard to secure a deal with a partner, and it is with great pleasure we can now announce that Spintires will be coming to both Xbox One and PS4 expected to arrive early 2017.

If you are not a fan of consoles, do not fear - it is also good news for our PC fans since it now means we will be expanding the development team for that platform as well! It may have taken us some time to secure and announce such a deal but work has already commenced and in the next few months you will hear more details about the ports and additional updates for the PC platform too.
Many thanks for your continued support, love and inspiration.
Zane Saxton, and everyone from Oovee.

i bought it for my pc, but was only smooth gameplay a few times, or when i re formatted my pc:(, hopefully ps4 will be better for me..love this game..

000000000000000.jpg
ive only got one of them tiny zotac machines..
it was smooth and good a few times, but after time it went jerky , but a fresh system install it was good again, hate pc gaming, just like em better on a fixed system, so it just works..

my pc
04051942-photo-zotac-zbox-ad02.jpg

edit, is this my full spec list, just found..by using "dxdiag"

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ALASKA
System Model: A_M_I
BIOS: BIOS Date: 11/15/11 11:26:31 Ver: 04.06.04
Processor: AMD E-350 Processor (2 CPUs), ~1.6GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 5740MB RAM
Page File: 2021MB used, 9454MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x9802)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9802&SUBSYS_A18319DA&REV_00
Display Memory: 2989 MB
Dedicated Memory: 376 MB
Shared Memory: 2613 MB
Current Mode: 1360 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: E1960
Monitor Id: GSM4BE5
Native Mode: 1360 x 768(p) (60.015Hz)
Output Type: HD15

edit, is this my full spec list, just found..by using "dxdiag"

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ALASKA
System Model: A_M_I
BIOS: BIOS Date: 11/15/11 11:26:31 Ver: 04.06.04
Processor: AMD E-350 Processor (2 CPUs), ~1.6GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 5740MB RAM
Page File: 2021MB used, 9454MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Card name:AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x9802)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9802&SUBSYS_A18319DA&REV_00
Display Memory: 2989 MB
Dedicated Memory: 376 MB
Shared Memory: 2613 MB
Current Mode: 1360 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: E1960
Monitor Id: GSM4BE5
Native Mode: 1360 x 768(p) (60.015Hz)
Output Type: HD15

Spin Tires is very heavy on CPU/GPU, since of the terrain deformation etc. And your spec's are quite old. The GPU/CPU are quite weak and quite old, Like MW2 on that GPU is unplayable. Spin Tires is a bit to much for your system imho.

Spin Tires is very heavy on CPU/GPU, since of the terrain deformation etc. And your spec's are quite old. The GPU/CPU are quite weak and quite old, Like MW2 on that GPU is unplayable. Spin Tires is a bit to much for your system imho.

oh yes, thought so, i had a few good goes with it, ace i loved it, be good if comes on ps4 and just works for the system, id love that..

oh yes, thought so, i had a few good goes with it, ace i loved it, be good if comes on ps4 and just works for the system, id love that..

I don't think its ever coming to Consoles sadly.. I think PC Gaming, is a bit better then console, if you invest in like 400-500$ you can have a Mid-Spec PC, with alot more freedom. That's what i think, because consoles get outdated so easily. The PS4 is what 3 years old already? maybe 4? including development time. PC will always be superior

I have been watching YT videos of this game for a while. LOVE IT!

I will have to wait for consoles though... :(

It's a fun game. Quite frustrating at times, especially when you lose your load of lumber (again). :banghead: If you like vehicles and a challenge, then you'll love this.

The only concern I have, is that the videos you're watching might include a lot of mods, which probably wont be available to you on the console. The PC version has so many mods and people making them.

It's a fun game. Quite frustrating at times, especially when you lose your load of lumber (again). :banghead: If you like vehicles and a challenge, then you'll love this.

The only concern I have, is that the videos you're watching might include a lot of mods, which probably wont be available to you on the console. The PC version has so many mods and people making them.
I bet they do have a lot of mods and such. I would be content with a Jeep and a couple of trucks. :dopey:

Personally I still have my fingers crossed for more maps, or at least a legit map editor. I will play with the mods eventually, but the vanilla vehicles are deliberately placed on each map for a certain level of difficulty, which was all part of the challenge for me.

On another note, has anyone had much success using the crane attachment to pick up logs that have been shed, or at the hidden timber yards? It always seemed more trouble than it was worth to me, lining the logs up and whatnot. Love using the crane to balance the truck though, in difficult situations.

Yep, I use the crane for picking up logs. I've never tried picking up random logs around the map, but I have rescued my own load after an 'incident'.

The crane is awkward to start with but it can be mastered with practice. My most awkward situation was when I lost a load of logs in water, which was quite interesting because the logs weren't visible from the surface. It was basically like an arcade 'grab crane' game, I kept lowering the grab into the water until I found a prize. :lol:

Can a kind soul help explain to me what I need to do if I want to try some (or all, hey) of the vehicle mods, but more so, map mods such as the Choco Map? I have the full version of the game, completed all the regular maps and not played it in a while though Steam most likely kept updating it.

Does the full game accomodate mods or am I going to have to reinstall one of the earlier beta/demo versions? And is that likely to clash with my full game install? The devs seem to spend a lot of time announcing small graphical improvements, not so much time on adding content or allowing the modding community free rein.

Can a kind soul help explain to me what I need to do if I want to try some (or all, hey) of the vehicle mods, but more so, map mods such as the Choco Map?

Sure, I'll give it a try :)

Vehicles: These are the easiest mods to put in the game. One way is to start the game, press the "Play"-button. There you'll se a window with the vehicles. It's actually named "Mods". Go to "manage mods" and just choose wich mods you want to install: It's so easy, it's almost TOO easy :) Another way of doing it is to go to the Steam workshop. Simply click on whatever vehicle you want, and then choose "subscribe" or whatever it says in english (my game is in Swedish, but it should be kind of similar:) )

Maps: Go to either http://www.oovee.co.uk/forum/files/category/27-maps/ or http://spintires.nl/ . Download the map (obviously). Open the file with, as an example, WinRar. Drag the files to the Mediafolder. That is Program (x86) --> Steam --> steamapps --> common --> Spintires --> Media

Or just take a look at this

Installing mods is almost so easy that it hurts...almost :lol:

Latest Posts

Back