SpinTires - The Ultimate Off-Road Challenge (Demo)

• Thread starter digiprost
  • 278 comments
So having completed all the maps in the full game, presumably modded maps and vehicles still only work with the demo version? Do any of the modded maps have some kind of objective?

You can add vehicle mods to the full game, not sure on maps. You can find mods on the official forums

Yaw, there's an update! New trucks, official mod support (no more need to replace the original models, you can just add them now) and, finally - a driver model. :D
xSNWxhulV8Y.jpg

Just bought this game today after previously playing an older version, it's so much fun :) Looking forward to when the workbench goes live so we can easily add new trucks.

Any plans to port this to Xbox One? I've seen a few games such as Frontier and Train Simulator are coming.

VXR
Any plans to port this to Xbox One? I've seen a few games such as Frontier and Train Simulator are coming.
I don't think so. The game is barely progressing even on PC... But who knows.

Plus, the user interface here is not the most suitable for consoles...

Hmm I'm still waiting for new maps having beaten all of them, the map editor may bring these though and the new trucks look kinda fun. Have they substituted any of the existing ones in single player or are they just for free ride/multiplayer? Also spotted something similar to, if not the same, as this epic thing:

Have they substituted any of the existing ones in single player or are they just for free ride/multiplayer?
The single player missions are edited and new trucks are placed on the map in various places (some places are different from before). Plus, you can now choose the trucks near tha garage that you start the mission with.

Also spotted something similar to, if not the same, as this epic thing:

It's the same, it's called Kirovets K-700 (and it's known as "K-700" in the game).
The engine is a 14.9 litre V8 with 950 Nm max torque (for the base model, other variants are even more powerful, e.g. V12-powered K-701)

Last edited:
The ZiL 130 (the blue rear-wheel drive truck known as "B-130" in the game) sure needs rear wheels like these:
5s5afrNmg5U.jpg

UvQg4qdrAZY.jpg

Because it gets stuck annoyingly often. :D

I've tested some mods like this Chevy K5 Blazer. It's nice and fun to drive, but unfortunately, mods prevent you from playing online and earning achievements. The dev promises to fix it and make co-op playing possible with mods.
2015-11-11_00006.jpg

2015-11-11_00005.jpg

^It even drifts. :D
2015-11-11_00007.jpg

I've never played with mods :\

It's a bit of a hassle at the moment and the mods replace the original trucks, once the workbench goes live it will be much easier and we won't have to replace the original trucks to use new ones. I'm more excited about using new maps, I've done the base ones to death.

It's a bit of a hassle at the moment and the mods replace the original trucks, once the workbench goes live it will be much easier and we won't have to replace the original trucks to use new ones. I'm more excited about using new maps, I've done the base ones to death.

I think the devs could've come up with one or two more maps by now though.

Its been around since last spring i think? The map is quite relevantly easy. Completed on Easy, and Hardcore.

I still think it's one of the hardest personally, but I think a lot of it comes down to luck, crossing the main river/flood plain. The kinda vineyard one with a million stumps and sticks was quite tricky too, some very very tough slopes in that one.

I guess I should try it on hardcore, I think the most rescues I used on any map was two, but I dunno, it seems a bit of a chore, uber frustrating if you fail near the end.

I still think it's one of the hardest personally, but I think a lot of it comes down to luck, crossing the main river/flood plain. The kinda vineyard one with a million stumps and sticks was quite tricky too, some very very tough slopes in that one.

I guess I should try it on hardcore, I think the most rescues I used on any map was two, but I dunno, it seems a bit of a chore, uber frustrating if you fail near the end.

Going the wrong way, instead of going straight on, go left, and follow the trail, its easier to cross the river, and you'll gain access to the 8x8 Type D537 Truck, afterward, you can continue on onto the garage, gear up, refuel, and then come back the same way. And start doing logs, its the best way to do it. And then after you can unlock every point of the map.

Going the long way around, is utterly useless in the Type B130 Truck, Getting stuck is really high, same with the Type C6522 Truck. Rather go the shortest way around, with the least amount of struggle :3.

It takes 15-30min online, or even shorter depending how many people, and how productive people are.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the water feature maps like The River and Flood. They are ridiculously deep and I don't find it satisfying even if I make it across unlike the feeling I get when I get through a massive mud bog or a steep incline. There's no skill involved it's just a case of knowing where the safe routes are.

Yeah and even then it's tricky as the ground under the water can fall away pretty quickly, and it's nigh-on impossible to see the ground except where it's very shallow (unless you mess about with rendering). Wouldn't be so bad if the inclines were still smooth, but it often seemed like I got a truck stuck next to a ridge or something where I couldn't tow it out. Admittedly it's rewarding when you do manage it though, especially if you have 3 or 4 stranded trucks and manage to rescue them one by one.

@TheKitten I didn't use the "obvious" route either, used the one some way to the west and did my best to "hop" between islands, or in some cases broken trees, anything for some purchase on the ground. I can remember my route went near some telegraph poles at one point. Unlocked all the land and trucks too. Darn, now I want to play it again :)

I haven't played this game for nearly a year. How well does it work with the G27? I might reinstall it if it's compatible.

I haven't played this game for nearly a year. How well does it work with the G27? I might reinstall it if it's compatible.
It works pretty well actually. 👍

You'll still need access to the keyboard for things like winching and operating the crane. It makes driving on Hardcore and changing gear much more enjoyable.

It works pretty well actually. 👍

You'll still need access to the keyboard for things like winching and operating the crane. It makes driving on Hardcore and changing gear much more enjoyable.

Try playing ETS2 on exterior cam, with one hand on the steering wheel, one on the gear stick, range and split switch while trying to pan the camera at the same time with the mouse :lol: Now that's a challenge!

So yeah, I just tried it and it works like a charm! Now to wait until they do something with the sounds, because they are not only awful, but you can't really tell the RPM's at all.

Yep, the engine sounds are poor. Actually the sound is ok, but the engine revs don't increase correctly with speed and it makes gear changes difficult, it's not realistic.

So anyone know the official line on the map editor? All I can see on the site or in the forums is a post by the devs saying they won't tolerate any posts relating to a "leaked" editor, but that was from February. Is an official map editor definitely on the way?

So anyone know the official line on the map editor? All I can see on the site or in the forums is a post by the devs saying they won't tolerate any posts relating to a "leaked" editor, but that was from February. Is an official map editor definitely on the way?

guess we'll have to see.

Back