• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
Hi Mikhail,

Please may we have comparisons of these two;
Lotus Esprit Turbo HC '87
Volkswagen Golf I GTI '76.

Thanks,
J.

Looks like they found the higher resolution textures re-mapped (UV) the model, Initially I thought this what they where going to do with the cars in GT5 instead of direct porting.

Damn, why can't they do the Golf 1 '76 premium it's a legendary car and also about the golf iv r32, they could have take the main golf iv stock and start the r32 premium with it -_- and stil mad that 2 of my favorite cars ain't in the game, gol 2 gti' 92 and the vw corrado vr6 i'm mad -_- by the way no dc2 premium commonnnn

Standrad NEW DETAILS IS CONFIRMED!

Will not ugly all cars!

5 DAYS LEFT !!!
You being Polish saying this makes me think of this
dae.png

Woah, the difference is crazy! Thanks for the pics.

EDIT: I know the car is very expensive, but can you take a look in the showroom and tell if the livery of the '99 BMW V12 LMR was cleaned up too? It was one of the better looking Standard Cars in GT5, but the pixelated livery was bad.

Rather then standard car comparisons with its upgraded version, could you put a premium model next to one? I wonder about how wide or narrow the gap in quality is between them.

For some point you're right. But on another hand there are some cars that love only a few people. So if PD get rid of them there's no more chance to drive them as a standard or simi-standard even.
For example i'm really miss Lotus Elise GT1 Road Car from GT2, and if i have a chance to play it as a standard or simi-standard, it's good to me. Better than nothing i mean.
View attachment 85785

This is exactly how I look at the standards. It gives me more cars to "drive." I appreciated them in GT5 very much. Unfortunately, the time will come when we'll have to get rid of them. It will be too much of a graphical difference for next gen. :(

Of course, if there's an option to drive them, I definitely would. I'd even pay a DLC for "standards" pack lol.

How does the pontiac Gto look? Old and new I'm betting gt6 is the last game its in.

Wow, the CLK Touring Car did not look that good from the first GT6 screenshots.

The new version looks much better, though that's not really saying much. The CLK TC model was ugly ten years ago, so it's about time they fix it up. Still, it bothers me that they refine and polish these standards all over but leave the worst aspects of the original model in place. PD replaced the textures of the vents on the front wheel arches with actual geometry and they look great, but they also left that ugly low-res grille texture. It sticks out like a sore thumb, it's absolutely awful. It looks like a massive decal.

Huge improvement on the louvers and diveplanes on the CLK DTM. Question, why is Fuji so bright yet Monza so dim? Weather change circuit for Monza or is it the brightness settings on the picture?

If you have the chance can you do a comparison of the Plymouth Superbird '70. Not a very expensive car i would assume and I saw its thumbnail in the dealership and it looked improved. Many thanks in advance

Wow, the CLK Touring Car did not look that good from the first GT6 screenshots.

The new version looks much better, though that's not really saying much. The CLK TC model was ugly ten years ago, so it's about time they fix it up. Still, it bothers me that they refine and polish these standards all over but leave the worst aspects of the original model in place. PD replaced the textures of the vents on the front wheel arches with actual geometry and they look great, but they also left that ugly low-res grille texture. It sticks out like a sore thumb, it's absolutely awful. It looks like a massive decal.
I think we should just be glad they are touching them up and not nit-picking at the details.

i am dying to know the graphics for these cars

-gt-one ts020
-peugeot 905
-pescarolo cars
-nissans r89c and r92cp
-minolta toyota 88cv
-any race car at all

thank you

I think I saw a screeny floating around the forum earlier of the unacceptably poor standard Alto Works. It's the same in GT6. Burns my eyes looking at that PS2 creation.

Some of these standards! I can't believe how much they've improved. Sure, not all of them were touched up, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see updates where some have been made premium while more are touched up to not be ugly.

I'm pleased. :D

Back