"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
I've got to quit viewing this thread so I can enjoy my search through the semi-premiums when I get this game!

Though, could somebody show a few comparisons of the Opel Speedster, please?

Mercedes CLK Touring Car '00
GT5 standard /GT6 simi-premium
Monza
View attachment 85898 View attachment 85900
Fuji
View attachment 85899 View attachment 85901

rambo%20original.gif

I think you misunderstand the reason why they still exist.

The reason why they exist is that there just hasn't been the development time to upgrade them all to premium. Apparently it takes 6 months to do a premium model. 1200 cars. You do the maths...

Zip to do with technical limitations of the PS3.

If it takes 6 months to make one car for a video game, some people at PD and Sony need to be fired. I hope there is more to the story of taking that long.

If it takes 6 months to make one car for a video game, some people at PD and Sony need to be fired. I hope there is more to the story of taking that long.

4-6 man months is a number that's been kicked around by various developers when referring to cars of similar quality. If you take into account collecting the data, making the model and the various LOD models, skinning, animations, sounds, optimisation, and all the physics work and testing that would need to go on I don't think it's unreasonable to think that it would be six months work for one person.

F1 GTR looks better than GT5, at least from that view. Probably still 950kg though, which is overweight as the '97 year car weighed around 915kg.

Thank you for all pictures. May I ask for photos of Saleen S7 and Mercury Cougar (front and back)?

Big, big, big thanks!!! Can I dare to ask about Mazda Furai Concept? Also "Big Ones" like Jaguar XJ220, Zonda C12 and a God Bless Tommy Kaira ZZ II? And yeah, how about ****ing amazing Toyota GT-One? Take your time, I just can't live without those cars, so can't resist...

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics. F1 indeed looks better than in GT5. No weight for it though, thats weird. How much does the F1 LM weigh?

Of course it's not. 6 month is probably take a very complex new car, plus sounds, history, modelling, animations (spoilers etc), testing, colors and etc etc. If they had a standard version of that car I doubt it take 6 month, because they already have some information. It's "half" PR talk. (I mean 6 month at max). Also it's my guess. That's A LOT of work actually, besides modelling.

Last edited:
makes me wonder what they did to Jay Leno's tank car :P

m2dh.jpg

Thanks for those WRC shots wvxmell..

Can you post some photos from the car in my avatar

xqwp.jpg

Big, big, big thanks!!! Can I dare to ask about Mazda Furai Concept? Also "Big Ones" like Jaguar XJ220, Zonda C12 and a God Bless Tommy Kaira ZZ II? And yeah, how about ****ing amazing Toyota GT-One? Take your time, I just can't live without those cars, so can't resist...

hljs.jpg

k57h.jpg

kzy2.jpg

t40k.jpg

avfm.jpg

cz2r.jpg

zuzj.jpg

I wonder how the Saleen S7 looks like now. :)

pzyn.jpg

61do.jpg

Back