Subarus in Gt6

• Thread starter boomee
  • 61 comments
United States
Near DC
MARK1615BEREAN
I dont play xbox
This thread for your thougts about the subies in the game. Looks performance gripes and glitches all dealing with the subies on GT6.

You're probably right on them being closer to the real street car. I always used comfort tyres for this car in GT5 but I can't handle the noise they make in GT6. :yuck:
you're right, that tyre noise is ungodly loud :ouch:

Try to use comfort tyres, those are closer to streetcar tyres.
The FR-S comes with prius tires (more like a comfort medium) not sure about the BRZ.
I like the s206 nur a lot but we do need more rumble lol
The older models have rumble. Also keep in mind most of the Subaru's in the game are the Japanese models and they use different engines that sound different.

GC and GD chassis standards desperately need the semi-standard upgrade. GC have a decent boxer rumble on factory exhaust but none of the GD do.. Don't know about the '08 + stuff as I don't drive those.

Also keep in mind most of the Subaru's in the game are the Japanese models and they use different engines that sound different

They still sound pretty much the same. .5L of displacement wouldn't really affect that. I don't know if '08+ stuff started using equal length headers though as that would make the difference. FR-S/BRZ use equal length and thus sound like a regular 4 cyl. Also the lack of a turbo would adjust the noise level.

Edit: I'll drop this here for my fellow Boxer lovers.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not true
te="obd, post: 9089073, member: 34924"]I believe japanese STI's since 04-05 have equal length headers which removes some of the boxer rumble.

[/quote]
That

obd
I believe japanese STI's since 04-05 have equal length headers which removes some of the boxer rumble.

Ah that video illustrates (audistrates? lol) the difference very well. Was impossible to find good comparison videos a few years ago.

I had an equal length on mine for awhile and wanted the sound back so I picked up the tomei unequal one.

But yea pretty sure JDM models have definitely used the UEL headers. I'm just not sure if the new new ones haven't, on a global level. I'd assume they still do though.

obd
I believe japanese STI's since 04-05 have equal length headers which removes some of the boxer rumble.

Finally. Whoever made this video deserves a cookie. Still, I think the sound in some Subarus need some better detail. the only one I've heard that sounds nearly identical to its real counterpart is the Spec C Type RA (when using the stock exhaust and at least in GT5. I haven't heard it in GT6).

I have always wanted a first gen Legacy Turbo Sedan. 89-94 range I think. I mean colin mcrae drive one for crying out loud, the car totally deserves to be in the game. GT has the Galant VR4 so why not its rival?

Oh another thing. In the Type RA the cluster color looks maybe like the STI pink? Is it really like that in real life? Cause it irks the hell out of me.

Latest Posts

Back