Super GT/JGTC Shootout - 07/06 - Shootout Officially Finished!

• Thread starter Michelin
  • 1,105 comments
If anyone need the Motul Pitworks for this shootout and can't find it, I just bought one in the used cars garage. Add me and you can have it, I have no need for it, I only bought it to donate to this shootout if someone was thinking of using it. PSN same as GTP

Good news!

No, no Dacia Sandero, but I'm entering the GT500 class as a tuner. :D

NascarManiaco can you add me to the list please, thanks :)

To all testers, can you please add me on PSN, I may only get a few more chances to access the PS3 before this shootout begins.

Oi, stop copying me, it's not funny. :P

I know it's just because I'm cool and all, but really, it's not good, mmkay? :lol:

Mr%20Mackey.png
Mmkay?

:P

My Cusco is on share now. I'll have it posted up later tonight.

Excellent. Well, I need to go buy a few cars and break them in. This helps familiarize myself with the default tunes anyways. đź‘Ť

Guys, I have to pull out. I haven't had any time to work on my tune thanks to work.

Bolverk's Analysis: Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08 (Super GT)

I figured I would do a few of these to give tuners an idea of what they're looking at for some of these cars. The first one I looked at was the Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08, which is in the GT300 category. Looking at 325 HP, 289.3 ft-lb of torque, and weighing in at 1175kg, this car was certainly ready to roll in the category after a slight adjustment with the power limiter.

Took it to Fuji and ran a few laps. One thing I certainly noticed is that the MR drivetrain certainly affects the car a bit in a negative aspect when accelerating out of corners, but this is easily resolved with throttle control or adjustments to the LSD. The Garaiya is surprisingly nimble in the corners, considering it's one of the heaviest cars in the GT300 category. It easily rivals the RE Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 '06 (Super GT) in cornering ability.

I ran consistent 1:47s at Fuji in the Garaiya, my fastest time being 1:46.912. I would say this is definitely a potent car and something worth looking into for this shootout.

Pros: Great cornering ability, pretty fast.
Cons: MR drivetrain means some work with the LSD is hard to avoid.

So yeah, there you have it. Good luck if you're tuning one of these. I'd love to see a good Garaiya! :D

EDIT: Changed the information according to a recent finding of false information (the NCD states the ARTA Garaiya to have 295 HP, when it actually has 325 HP). GGs, Polyphony Digital.

Last edited:
Bolverk's Analysis: Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08 (Super GT)

I figured I would do a few of these to give tuners an idea of what they're looking at for some of these cars. The first one I looked at was the Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08, which is in the GT300 category. Looking at 295 HP, 289.3 ft-lb of torque, and weighing in at 1175kg, this car was certainly ready to roll in the category.

Took it to Fuji and ran a few laps. One thing I certainly noticed is that the MR drivetrain certainly affects the car a bit in a negative aspect when accelerating out of corners, but this is easily resolved with throttle control or adjustments to the LSD. The Garaiya is surprisingly nimble in the corners, considering it's one of the heaviest cars in the GT300 category. It easily rivals the RE Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 '06 (Super GT) in cornering ability.

I ran consistent 1:47s at Fuji in the Garaiya, my fastest time being 1:46.912. I would say this is definitely a potent car and something worth looking into for this shootout. Beware that when breaking in the engine, the horsepower increases dramatically. I'm not even joking. 36 kilometers later, this car is sitting on 326 HP. :scared:

Pros: Great cornering ability, pretty fast.
Cons: MR drivetrain means some work with the LSD is hard to avoid, horsepower increases like a GT-R when breaking in the engine (funny because it IS running on a Nissan engine). More than likely, you'll be using the power limiter a bit heavily as a result.

So yeah, there you have it. Good luck if you're tuning one of these. I'd like to see someone manage to make it work since it'll probably have to be handicapped pretty hard on the power aspect.
The limit is 300 HP, how would it be any more handicapped in power than another GT300 car?

I think I'll pull out... I got a ton of summer classes and I don't have the time to make a tune anymore. :s

The limit is 300 HP, how would it be any more handicapped in power than another GT300 car?

Well doesn't the torque start dropping when you lower the power enough? Considering it only took 36 kilometers to bring it up to 326 HP, I just got a little concerned about it. Unless of course the other GT300 category cars increase in horsepower at the same rate, then it's something to consider.

Sorry for the confusion. It's possible that I'm an idiot, depending on where the other cars sit after I break them in just a little bit. :guilty:

Last edited:
Back