Suzuka 2014 vs Original Suzuka Comparasion!

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 239 comments
Wow, PD modeled the 'Traffic Education Center' on Suzuka?
Probably will be unaccessible, but could be a great spot for a (mini) dragstrip...
97226_1.jpg

97226_2.jpg
Like a lot of tracks in the game, off-track locations look good but are inaccessible.

It'd be an interesting mini-course, especially that kart (?) track on the right for some variety, but my gut tells that isn't something PD would do.

Would love to see them prove me wrong though.
That's part of the STEC.

The kart track is on the opposite side of the circuit on the backside of the small pit complex on the approach to 130R.

Suzuka.jpg

I know everyone is talking about West course, but can someone tell me why is there a Honda Today racing with a GT500?

suzuka-circuit-gt6-2014-5-640x360.jpg

Looks like typical GT single player events to me. :sly:

Game should come with a warning: "Abuse this game by playing more than 2 hours a day and you'll have framerate issues, freezing, lag, crashing and more" :ouch:

/s

More like "Warning: Simply turning this game on could cause your PS3 to suffer random lock-ups, triple-beep shutdowns, and create an unhealthy desire to chase rabbits. Play at your own risk."

It's easier and cheaper for PD to update tracks within its own country than to spend lots of money flying outside the country.

Well, if track updating has its priorites, I'd say that's correct. It's easier to update local tracks first before going to other continents to update their tracks. And cheaper too. Even if Sony pays traveling expenses, I don't think travelling all around the world, preparing the right equipment and so on is cheap...

Well, if track updating has its priorites, I'd say that's correct. It's easier to update local tracks first before going to other continents to update their tracks. And cheaper too. Even if Sony pays traveling expenses, I don't think travelling all around the world, preparing the right equipment and so on is cheap...
If this was a relevant argument the game would be flooded with Japanese tracks no? 4 doesn't exactly show that travel costs are a big factor in their calculations.

If this was a relevant argument the game would be flooded with Japanese tracks no? 4 doesn't exactly show that travel costs are a big factor in their calculations.

Then I guess that the better acess to local tracks is the one thing that influences PD's chain of thought, not money. Then again, PD's chain of thought has been known to be rather inconsistent... :confused: In the part of money, you are right Johnny, it is not the most influential factor from what you said.

Well the update is here. As it turns out:

-Time change only from 5.30 to 17.30. Think Brands Hatch.
-The start screen camera angle is new at start but after a while goes back to the old.

Okay, I take back all I said in this thread just because they added the West circuit.
One of my favorite tracks on GT4.

Well the update is here. As it turns out:

-The start screen camera angle is new at start but after a while goes back to the old.
No, the first two laps are all new angles...And the last two are old-reworked(around 80%)

It's a whole new track to me. The lighting and time changing just looks fantastic. And the new layout is a nice refreshment to an awesome track like Suzuka. Well done PD :) I get such a kick out of drifting there now!
Check the new replay angles at 18:30...is amazing! ;)

I don't mean to bring-down the vibe of this thread, the track refresh has 'refreshed' GT6 to an extent and it's been quite enjoyable, Supra & 300ZX love it...

But now I'm curious as to how, and if, they'll continue this spurt of activity next without a slump, beyond GM's VGT, as we await the next update.

OP UPDATED:

The pitcure source has been changed to the PitStop article has since the leaked original has gone missing.

Also since the whole thing has been launched, this thread has been reworked as a comparasion thread. Feel free to discuss this Suzuka and also post your comparasion photos.

I don't mean to bring-down the vibe of this thread, the track refresh has 'refreshed' GT6 to an extent and it's been quite enjoyable, Supra & 300ZX love it...

But now I'm curious as to how, and if, they'll continue this spurt of activity next without a slump, beyond GM's VGT, as we await the next update.
It's always a mystery what exactly they're planning to put out on any given update.

Just like last week, we knew 1.14 was coming with the Subaru VGT, the M4 Tuning Parts and M Performance package, as well as Suzuka 2014. Nobody expected community however.

If anyone was wondering, we've made a direct video comparison of gameplay:

and replay, too (not a single angle is reused,at least on first lap. And we know that PD usually uses 2 or 3 sets of camera angles for replays)

As i say in this thread, in the replay, the laps 1&2 are completely new, the 3&4 are old anlges reworked (most of them)

I have a theory that updated Suzuka is just a beginning of FIA and GT partnership. My theory is that in every future update we will receive one, maybe even more updated real world track to mach FIA standards. If that theory is correct, we will have all world track updated until summer and start of online FIA GT championship. That's just my theory nothing official.

The lighting model is really impressive. Makes a world of difference. These were taken in photomode before noon time. 10:30 am

SuzukaCircuit20143.jpg

SuzukaCircuit20142.jpg

SuzukaCircuit20145.jpg
It's obvious that the new texture of the track is making the lightning smoother on most of the cars, especially the premiums!

Back