taking pictures of backfire

• Thread starter moar_powaaa
  • 871 comments
Now a question for those that took the pics above. When you do your race replay and hit start to get the photo mode option, how can you then fast forward or rewind to get the car in exactly the right place for your pic?? I am not too accurate with hitting the start button during the replay and sometimes want to reposition the car forward or back by a few feet but I can't seem to find a way to do this. Also, I can't find a way to fast forward the replays, so if I want to go to photo mode on my last lap, I need to watch the entire replay to get to the right spot. Its really frustrating ...

My Honda can do that!.(still new at photo mode)
not the best as you can tell, very hard to capture.
GrandValleySpeedway_1.jpg

Now a question for those that took the pics above. When you do your race replay and hit start to get the photo mode option, how can you then fast forward or rewind to get the car in exactly the right place for your pic?? I am not too accurate with hitting the start button during the replay and sometimes want to reposition the car forward or back by a few feet but I can't seem to find a way to do this. Also, I can't find a way to fast forward the replays, so if I want to go to photo mode on my last lap, I need to watch the entire replay to get to the right spot. Its really frustrating ...
when you enter photomode option you can choose camera angles, in the first angle you can walk around the car to take shots from every angle you want

when you enter photomode option you can choose camera angles, in the first angle you can walk around the car to take shots from every angle you want

right. but what if I want to move the car?? lets say on lap 6 I bounced the car off of the curbing at the apex of a corner and it would make a great photo if I were to capture it as the inside wheels are in the air. but when I watch the 6 laps of replay and hit the start button, I miss the moment where the wheels are up by a split second and instead get it as the wheels return to the track. :grumpy: how can I back up a few frames of the "film" to get it back to the point where it will look the best without needing to restart the replay, watch all 6 laps again and pray to a higher power that I can be more accurate in hitting the start button the next time???

Another one. I wasn't even trying to get it.

5221552905_b75df5f937_b.jpg

LP with race exhaust spits flames like ten feet back. lol

First time posting, and here is my first attempts at a back fire pic. Took many tries to time it right.

5223004238_c388885317_b.jpg

Same shot different angle/settings:
5222407707_0a91e7cbd7_b.jpg

I took a pic of mine, and the spitfire comes from underneath the muffler. Any suggestions what I should do? I changed the shutter speed and panning mode too.

I find if you drive slow, but shift up to 5th gear and shift right back down through the box. You get a flame with everygear change back down if you do this for a whole lap a different places your more or less guaranteed to to get one shot at least.

The shutter speed is the best way to tweak the position of the flame. Fiddle with it and take the shot to see the effect. Even if the flame looks too far away, you may be able to get it with a faster shutter speed.

I've had the same problem. There was a nice backfire in this frame ( I spent 20 mins trying to get it) that disappeared when I clicked X:

Whats really weird is I tried it on the same car, and had it in the pre-shot mode and was really excited because it was going to be a great shot, but once I took it it was gone!!!! It seems to work with lots of other cars, but the SV....👎

Best I could get.

TokyoR246.jpg

I hate how it disappears when you take pics 99% of the time. It was a huge flame coming out of the back but even with shutter speed all the way slow it only showed inside of the tail pipes... any tips? lol

I raced my Lamborghini around the Highspeed ring and got a backfire exiting the tunnel. I managed to stop the replay 2 separate times as the backfire came out. In the photomode I could then rotate around the backfire etc but as soon as I hit the "take photo" the rendered photo didn't have the backfire?

This happened both times, anyone know why this is?

Back