taking pictures of backfire

• Thread starter moar_powaaa
  • 871 comments
Finally got it to work with a different car (Enzo). I think the Murcielago SV's backfires just don't show up. :(
EDIT: Some really nice photos there. :drool:

it's like a little fart :)
My Honda can do that!.(still new at photo mode)
not the best as you can tell, very hard to capture.
GrandValleySpeedway_1.jpg

Last edited:
It's hit and miss for me really, sometimes they show up, sometimes they don't and sometimes there almost inside the back box/muffler and you only see the edge of the flames.

nrburgringnordschleifes.jpg

By null at 2010-12-03

I haven't tried backfires yet, but i can't even get the Fireworks from the SSR Stage to show up on replay.

I've had the same problem. I saved a replay in an SLS AMG on SSR7, and the fireworks didn't show in the replay at all. I then took a run with a 300SL and they showed up, so I got a few shots. It's weird.

I've also noticed a weird problem when taking a shot. I was taking a close shot of my exhaust on a C63 AMG, and noticed the camera shifted to the side a bit after I took the shot. It was a different angle than what I had framed up, it was really weird.

I've also noticed a weird problem when taking a shot. I was taking a close shot of my exhaust on a C63 AMG, and noticed the camera shifted to the side a bit after I took the shot. It was a different angle than what I had framed up, it was really weird.

Yeah i had the same problem with my Corvette when i shot my backfire pictures. Sometimes it was ok, sometimes the camera went crazy :D. Just happened in the Replay function.

Here's some backfire from Mark17's track! It came at the perfect time! Even I couldn't believe I got this! It was completely accidental!

EifelCircuit_6.jpg

EifelCircuit_5.jpg

EifelCircuit_3.jpg

EifelCircuit_4.jpg

Here's one more...

EifelCircuit_7.jpg

here is my ford gt. the engine has not been tuned.

damn...I can't upload my file. anyone know what i need to do to it.

it's only 184kb.

Last edited:
I hope this works.
picture.php

Again, I have not tuned the engine(Is this car really THIS powerful?). And as you can see, I had to play around with the camera options a lot to capture the flames.

Back