"Taking the FUN out of Gran Turismo and shoving it----

Status
Not open for further replies.
I define that as those who has very visible presence here. In that context, of frequenting the feedback/complaint threads. 💡

Hard to argue with that.

Why would you beware of people that have a visible presence in feedback and complaint threads?

That Reddit comment was made in bad light against "power users" like you. :rolleyes:
That was fairly clear. It's just that calling out GTP members off site where they can't defend themselves doesn't mean anything. Why should Imari care that some guy on reddit who is a GTP member was talking bad about him where he couldn't see it? What props do you expect to get for bragging about it here?

You might as well have linked a mean spirited Facebook message from a teenaged girl; or one of Zuel's entertaining post-GTP-ban YouTube comments rants that occasionally pop up in GT6 PR videos.

Those aren't Klingons, those are peacekeepers, & their panties are in a bunch.(that is for the Moya inhabitant)

I mentioned @Johnnypenso though, and that's what I remember when I typed that Reddit comment. ;)
Now what did I do?
smiley-sad031.gif

This is something that @TokoTurismo and @Imari need to read.

I'm not entirely sure why. It's a very long-winded way of suggesting there's a small group of members actively going around telling players to not enjoy GT6. If that's so rife... well, why haven't we seen it more? It's another one of those complain-about-complainers situations, frankly.

It also should be noted (for the umpteenth time): this idea that insulting PD/Kaz is in any way acceptable has always been and will always be incorrect.

Too often I've felt victimized by them just for having a different opinion on a topic. I'd jump into a thread thinking, "oh, let me just provide my opinion on this real quick," not even expecting or wanting to get caught up in any sort of discussion, and then one of them (usually Imari) would attack my opinion and I'd wind up having to defend it when I shouldn't.

My suggestion, if you don't want to get caught up in a discussion on a discussion board, would be to use a blog with comments disabled.

I'm certainly not threatened or offended that people enjoy things more or less than I do. There are people out there that genuinely love the Transformers films, or Taylor Swift. Possibly even both. When it comes to GT6, differing opinions are interesting, and I'd never ask others to stop enjoying a game. It's unsubstantiated claims that tend to get some people "questioned".

@jimipitbull seems to be a favorite target of theirs as well, and he gets a lot of undeserved **** from them and others. Quite frankly I'm not sure how he hasn't quit the forum entirely. That's what I call true Aussie grit.

Seriously, guys. Stop it. It's not funny.

A user that admits to intentionally riling other members up, which as recently as an hour ago involved a (now deleted) post in the GTP Site Support section baiting a member asking a question completely unrelated to GT?

You're right. It isn't funny.

@TeamCZRRacing, you need to realise that you're on a discussion board, it's such a magical place where discussions are expected. If you have a problem with having something you've said discussed, you can either;
a) Stop posting... On discussion boards...
or
b) Grow up and accept the fact that you are on a discussion board

Heck, when I first joined GTP, I'll admit I was a GT Fan Boy, I loved the game and PD and thought there was nothing wrong with either. Naturally, I was questioned, not criticised, by the likes of @Imari, @Johnnypenso and @TokoTurismo, but instead of crawling up into a ball and acting like you are, I discussed my opinion with them. Now, we may not have seen eye to eye, but I never once had the feeling that they were targeting me, and forcing me to change my views. I gave them my view, they gave me theirs, nothing changed on either part.

Nowadays, I've opened my eyes up and realised just how flawed PD and GT are, and if you think that makes me someone who targets people who like GT, you're wrong.

Just like @Imari, @Johnnypenso & @TokoTurismo, I appeal to both sides of the ball, those who like GT, and those who don't.

Long story short, grow thicker skin if your opinion being reasonably discussed offends you, or, realise that other people have varying options on a discussion board.

As for @jimipitbull, childish actions like above, with no respect for authority, tends to get you nowhere in life. It surprises me that you haven't been banned yet.

Cool story bro.

I've been that guy in your first example. I got over it and moved on after years of support and getting nothing in exchange.

I've also been the guy in your second example. Guess what? There is so much than one can be that way, try to enjoy the game with all its flaws and all, ignoring that the negatives and the disappointing way the developers address their long-time fans.

You are probably new to the franchise, or simply haven't been around GT as long as some of us. Trust me. The time will come when you'll just let it go. For whatever reason you do, either if it's because of a car(s) that were never added to the game despite the constant requests, sounds, graphics, A.I, career mode, customization, and/or other features that other games do have. Me, it's not really because of these things, but more importantly the trend the developers have displayed lately, as well as the direction the franchise is taking, which is only an indicative that these things will never happen in future titles.

Life's short to be waiting over 5 to 7 years of game-life cycles for really small and insignificant features that would make the game so much better. Especially when other games already do this.

As for my car enthusiast needs, there are other places where I can finally satiate them almost as, or better than with GT. I only visit this forum to check on what used to be my favorite game. Maybe... just maybe... nah, I gave up hope.

I agree with you.

I understand you guys that have reasons to quit GT, but we're here to help PD to make GT a better game than it is now. I loved GT and always will. I really enjoy playing GT.

It might not be perfect, but let's make an better game, closest to perfection as possible.

So PD, you got my full support. :cheers:

I like the positiveness of your post, but isn't that what we've been doing since GT started going on a downhill? All the constructive criticism has been almost completely ignored and PD seems to still going on the wrong direction. For one step in the right direction, they seem to take five back.

I like the positiveness of your post, but isn't that what we've been doing since GT started going on a downhill? All the constructive criticism has been almost completely ignored and PD seems to still going on the wrong direction. For one step in the right direction, they seem to take five back.
I agree. PD keeps ignoring our complaints, questions and wishes. And worst, PD hasn't answered most of Q&A's, so I wonder how GT7 will be.

..............I've been gone a couple of hours and this thread mushrooms into a Counterstrike deathmatch; handful more salty comments and we're looking at a full-blown knife fight here...
This is why I keep coming back to GTP...so much....fun. :D

This. You people are hilarious :lol:

Imagine what could happen tonight, after PD breaks another promise/claim on 'monthly' updates. :P

"Our" complaints etc.

There is only "my", and the illusion of majority.

Unless you meant "our disparate, conflicting and constantly shifting" complaints etc.
Yes, I meant "our desperate, conflicting and constantly shifting" complaints.

Yes, I meant "our desperate, conflicting and constantly shifting" complaints.
Correction: disparate.

The connotation is somewhat different, and implied motivation also, never mind the literal meaning.

This is how arguments get out of hand :P
I won't start throwing definitions at you, though.

I simply mean that it looks very simple to an individual, but PD doesn't deal with individuals.

As for @jimipitbull, childish actions like above, with no respect for authority, tends to get you nowhere in life. It surprises me that you haven't been banned yet.

Searching through year old posts for possible AUP violations to post in unrelated threads is not a convincing display of authority.

Respect works both ways.

Cool story bro.

I've been that guy in your first example. I got over it and moved on after years of support and getting nothing in exchange.

I've also been the guy in your second example. Guess what? There is so much than one can be that way, try to enjoy the game with all its flaws and all, ignoring that the negatives and the disappointing way the developers address their long-time fans.

You are probably new to the franchise, or simply haven't been around GT as long as some of us. Trust me. The time will come when you'll just let it go. For whatever reason you do, either if it's because of a car(s) that were never added to the game despite the constant requests, sounds, graphics, A.I, career mode, customization, and/or other features that other games do have. Me, it's not really because of these things, but more importantly the trend the developers have displayed lately, as well as the direction the franchise is taking, which is only an indicative that these things will never happen in future titles.

Life's short to be waiting over 5 to 7 years of game-life cycles for really small and insignificant features that would make the game so much better. Especially when other games already do this.

As for my car enthusiast needs, there are other places where I can finally satiate them almost as, or better than with GT. I only visit this forum to check on what used to be my favorite game. Maybe... just maybe... nah, I gave up hope.

If I could I'd love to just pin this to front page. Yes I'm on the same boat myself I'm possibly one of the guys he's mentioned as well, but just like you said in Bold I must agree too old to just wait around by the time GT7 comes out I'll be 28 maybe or something close(25 now).

I recognize that GT has flaws. Screen tearing, physics issues, AI that sometimes have an unfair advantage, no full-length endurance races, no course maker, no interior on VGTs, etc. I still like it just because it's fun. It's fun getting that perfect drift on Suzuka. It's fun to have the sense of uncertainty as to whether or not you'll make it through Schwedenkreuz without crashing or taking your foot off the gas once in a stock NA Miata. It's fun to participate in such a diverse community who love this series. Gran Turismo, simply put, is fun.

This sticks with me particularly with GT5, because for the impressive number of oddities and flaws it had, when you got to do something like take a premium car round the 'ring, from sunset to night to sunrise, in the rain, my word, for me it just made up for everything.

With such big and diverse games it's not too difficult to find something that is fun, or a bit special - just knowing PD, it maybe takes some digging to find it first :P

Searching through year old posts for possible AUP violations to post in unrelated threads is not a convincing display of authority.

Respect works both ways.
You mean how you respected this thread a few hours ago by making the 4th post off topic and playing the man not the ball and displaying the exact same type of behaviour @photonrider talks about in the OP? Is that recent enough for you?

You mean how you respected this thread a few hours ago by making the 4th post off topic and playing the man not the ball and displaying the exact same type of behaviour @photonrider talks about in the OP? Is that recent enough for you?

You seem to be creating more problems than you are actually solving.

My responses to you in that thread have been quite respectful in response to your false accusations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back