Team Shmo Drifting (tuning garage) *NEW* jaguar xk coupe luxury '07

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 1,197 comments
ElementRacer
Hey shmo, I came to your thread by sheer ass and I must say, IT RULES.

How do I go about a review?

Sheer ass lol. I'm guessing that's a good thing considering you said it rules afterwards. If you wanna comment or review something you can just name the car and say what you like about it in here. You can also comment specifically on the car tune you like on my site. Glad you're liking it.

Ok cheers, here goes.

Lotus Carlton '90

Trying to drift this car with a DS3 succesfully and smoothly is comparable to the anguish of the Red Bull Challenge. Utter Mayhem, but that's where the fun starts. The beast of the Carlton throws itself into the curves as if its chasing down Jamie Whincup at the Bathurst 1000, relentlessly, Too much throttle, and you meet the lovely sand pit, not enough, and it either straightens up or fangs around in the opposite direction. Its quite easy to maintain a drift coming to the first corner of Tsukuba. Brake prematurely, and e-brake it into the corner, before easing on the throttle, in 4th all through the corner. As you exit, and start to slide to right, throw it into 5th to get some more distance, and gently flick it to the left, then back again. As you make the transition from turn 3 to 4, E brake the car and brake if neccesary, bringing the car down to third. As you exit, flick it into 4th and flick it to the right halfway down the straight, trail braking as you do so. Give it a little gas, and prepare for the sweeping double lefthander.

As you exit turn 5, tap the e-brake and slip the car into 5th with near full throttle, and 6th if nessary to make it to turn 8. As you round turn 7, cut in early and trailbrake/slide in to the eighth turn, slipping back to 3rd, but be careful, as its easy to get the back end around here and spin out. If you manage to survive the entry, slip into 4th, and drift into the back straight, you will need 5th soon to keep the slide down the first half of the straight. Move to the right hand side and flick left and into 6th, brake about ten metres before the tree-shadow-end, and slip into 4th, feathering the throttle and counter steering round the bend. be careful not to overdo it and slip into the sand though. As you exit the corner stay close to the inside and slip into 5th to finish an amazing drift.

This car is a hell of a handful but if you manage to tame it, you may as well have a pet dragon for a car.

Happy Drifting.

Shmo, can you attemt to tune me a '99 Aston Martin V8 Vantage after my in depth review/tutorial?

Ok so you like it from how insane it is. Nice! Sounds like you will like that latest Camaro tune I just put up too than lol. Yes I can tune that car for you. I actually have a tune already for that car, but haven't put it up yet. It will probably be up late next week. Also be warned it is gonna be intense.

Mad, i loved that car back in gt3? But i could never afford it. they look so Tough and beastly.

Edit: actually man I just tuned my own setup, but its a bit jumpy. Can I possibly get you to test drive it and see what the problem is?

I can post the setup in a hour or two if ud like

Last edited:
ElementRacer
Mad, i loved that car back in gt3? But i could never afford it. they look so Tough and beastly.

Edit: actually man I just tuned my own setup, but its a bit jumpy. Can I possibly get you to test drive it and see what the problem is?

I can post the setup in a hour or two if ud like

Vantage setup? I could test yours but again just wait like a week and you can use mine.

Ferrari 512BB '76

I get a lot of request for me to test peoples GT5 tunes. Most of the time they are just ok or straight up suck. However every once an a while I get a great drift tune that must be added to Team Shmo so all can enjoy. This Ferrari 512BB 1976 was submitted by Drainbread who you have probably seen before as someone who takes a lot of the recent photos here. I was really impressed by how this car handles the power. You can ease on the gas and gently float along the edge of any corner while having full control. The best part is it is very easy to drive while bringing huge scores. I am right on the edge of hitting that 30,000 mark at Tsukuba. Considering my best score ever is about 32,000 there with a Speed 12, this car sure does drift well to come close to that.

Many thanks Shmogt for testing, fixing the little transmission issue between 2 & 3, and posting my 512BB tune. Without you and your tunes, it never would have been made (at least not by me). Hope everyone has as much fun with it as we have!

Many thanks Shmogt for testing, fixing the little transmission issue between 2 & 3, and posting my 512BB tune. Without you and your tunes, it never would have been made (at least not by me). Hope everyone has as much fun with it as we have!

No problem, thanks for enjoying the tunes.

Shmo, look what it is...

Mazda_RX7_-_Chamonix_West_-_Snowdrifting.jpg

I hereby christen this new sport "Snowdrifting" :dopey:

Hey shmo, how am i supposed to acheive the long sweeping drift brtween turns 1 and 2 and the back straight of Tsukuba?

I've experimented with upshifting for greater distances and light 'pedal' work but I'm still having trouble on this DS3

ElementRacer
Hey shmo, how am i supposed to acheive the long sweeping drift brtween turns 1 and 2 and the back straight of Tsukuba?

I've experimented with upshifting for greater distances and light 'pedal' work but I'm still having trouble on this DS3

This is kinda hard to explain. It's one of those things you just practice than eventually you feel when is the best times to brake or gas etc. Only tips I can really tell you is downshift and slow yourself before any turn to the point where you know for sure you won't go flying off the track than start the drift and keep pressing the gas until you hit the angle you wanna drift the whole corner with. Than you either press for more gas or let off the gas whatever makes you keep the same path. Sometimes you will just need to slam the gas the whole way while other times just light pulses of gas is enough.

An easy way to sort of figure out where is the best line is to always start from the outer side of the corner, drift super lose pretty much touching the red and white line on the inside of the corner, than exit on the opposite far side. Where ever you see those red and white stripes is where you want to be touching the whole time for the best and cleanest drifts. Might be slightly confusing to read but easy to see. If you go to my Facebook page and look a few post back I posted a really great video of a guy drifting perfectly on that track.

i just used your wrx sti tune on the new rally time trail. I know its a drift tune but holy crap. I beat the gold medal time by 4 seconds on my first lap... I dunno if that says alot about the car or your tune for it lol.

i just used your wrx sti tune on the new rally time trail. I know its a drift tune but holy crap. I beat the gold medal time by 4 seconds on my first lap... I dunno if that says alot about the car or your tune for it lol.

lol that's awesome. Sometimes I find normal drift tunes work great as rally and other times they slide too much. At least now I know which tune to use to do the event.

lol that's awesome. Sometimes I find normal drift tunes work great as rally and other times they slide too much. At least now I know which tune to use to do the event.
Just turned the accel and torque up on the lsd a couple ticks and it slides thru the turns much faster now. shaved my time by a few more seconds

crash9201
Just turned the accel and torque up on the lsd a couple ticks and it slides thru the turns much faster now. shaved my time by a few more seconds

Wow full seconds. That's pretty good. I shave like a tenth off and am excited lol.

Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07

This car is awesome! When it comes to drift everyone thinks Japanese cars are the king since they started it etc. but trust me American muscle is where the true fun lies. Truthfully don't even apply this drift tune and just toss on comfort hard tires, you already have yourself a nice drifter. I got some very very high points with this one after the tune was applied however. I actually had it more aggressive and it was landing higher scores by a bit, but I decided to tone it down a little for a wider audience. I was getting physically tired having to thrash it around the track. I made this mustang because I saw a dark blue one with black rims that just looked so epic. It was a street looking car, but drifted awesome. I had to replicate it in GT5. Really wish I could find the pic and video to show you guys the awesome car, but I looked everywhere and can't anymore.

I made a guide on How To Tune a Car for drift. This is how I always start to tune a car so I figured I would share my finds. I get a lot of request for cars, but due to the amount I can't get them done as fast as I would like. That's where this guide comes in as you can now take any FR car and tune it yourself and have it come out actually good. Until I make the pro tune you want of course lol. So if you have a certain car you always wanted to drift with I encourage you to take a read and unleash it's true potential.

Aston Martin V8 Vantage '99

MONSTER drift tune! This car is an absolute beast. Not super hard to drift, but puts up huge points. Definitely gonna spin circles around everyone else. It's up there with the Speed 12 or Art Morrison Corvette so if you like those cars you will definitely like this one. It took me so damn long to tune, I tried everything. I had lots of good ones, but I feel this is the best for overall drifting. It slides easy, puts big points, controllable, you should have the least trouble with this one and still be able to get big points if you are more skilled.

If you have an Android device I used the GT5: Pro Tune Log to track all my adjustments and max points with each one. I find it really handy when tuning because you can store many tunes rather than just the a, b, c that GT5 allows you to have. I use it for the small changes than keep the best one in one of the actual A settings.

Last edited:

Aston Martin V8 Vantage '99

MONSTER drift tune! This car is an absolute beast. Not super hard to drift, but puts up huge points. Definitely gonna spin circles around everyone else. It's up there with the Speed 12 or Art Morrison Corvette so if you like those cars you will definitely like this one. It took me so damn long to tune, I tried everything. I had lots of good ones, but I feel this is the best for overall drifting. It slides easy, puts big points, controllable, you should have the least trouble with this one and still be able to get big points if you are more skilled.

If you have an Android device I used the GT5: Pro Tune Log to track all my adjustments and max points with each one. I find it really handy when tuning because you can store many tunes rather than just the a, b, c that GT5 allows you to have. I use it for the small changes than keep the best one in one of the actual A settings.

I think your tunes are pretty fantastic. They are some of the easiest to drift with, it really helps because I only know how to do grip tunes...
This one and the Silvia K's were really fun. - just popping in for now

Umbra344
I think your tunes are pretty fantastic. They are some of the easiest to drift with, it really helps because I only know how to do grip tunes...
This one and the Silvia K's were really fun. - just popping in for now

Thanks I appreciate it. I try to make tunes that everyone can enjoy.

Back