Team Shmo (tuning garage) *NEW* CATERHAM SEVEN FIREBLADE '02

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 679 comments
dc1
F40 tune is perfect! THANKS for posting that one!
Thanks I think so too. I've been racing with it nonstop and it's a beast.

bdollazzz
Is this a drift tune? Or drag?

Normal race tune. It will say drag if it was and my drift garage is separate from this one. If you don't know just click the tune and when it goes to my site look which tab is highlighted in blue. For example this one the race tab is blue. That's how you can tell.

shmogt
Thanks I think so too. I've been racing with it nonstop and it's a beast.

Normal race tune. It will say drag if it was and my drift garage is separate from this one. If you don't know just click the tune and when it goes to my site look which tab is highlighted in blue. For example this one the race tab is blue. That's how you can tell.

Ok thanks thats pretty helpful, but with the transmission on this tune dont you do the final gear first and then top speed then the gear ratios.... I got pretty confused on that one

bdollazzz
Ok thanks thats pretty helpful, but with the transmission on this tune dont you do the final gear first and then top speed then the gear ratios.... I got pretty confused on that one

For all tunes it's the top speed, than gears, than final. On the first page of my site in that little intro if you click continue and read more it explains how my standard stuff is. Also do it that way for everything except drag tunes, but don't worry because it will list how to set it if it's every different.

shmogt
For all tunes it's the top speed, than gears, than final. On the first page of my site in that little intro if you click continue and read more it explains how my standard stuff is. Also do it that way for everything except drag tunes, but don't worry because it will list how to set it if it's every different.

Ok thanks bro :)

Audi RS 6 Avant 08 (DRAG)

This has got to be the ultimate sleeper car in all of Gran Turismo 5. Looks like a normal high end station wagon, but packs a monster engine and absolutely flys. This tune is for 1/4 drag and is quite quick. It weighs a lot and that is really it's only downside otherwise it would easier be as fast as a GTR. People are still gonna be impressed when you blow their doors off tho lol. This car is a little easier to drag because it doesn't smoke the tires off the line. Start in gear 1 and shift at around 50mph than all the others shift at the red line. Notice my car has low miles, but once you fully max the hp it's a monster. Also pay attention on how to set the transmission.

Audi RS 6 Avant 08 (DRAG)

This has got to be the ultimate sleeper car in all of Gran Turismo 5. Looks like a normal high end station wagon, but packs a monster engine and absolutely flys. This tune is for 1/4 drag and is quite quick. It weighs a lot and that is really it's only downside otherwise it would easier be as fast as a GTR. People are still gonna be impressed when you blow their doors off tho lol. This car is a little easier to drag because it doesn't smoke the tires off the line. Start in gear 1 and shift at around 50mph than all the others shift at the red line. Notice my car has low miles, but once you fully max the hp it's a monster. Also pay attention on how to set the transmission.
and my favorite Turkey. that is for a lot of walking pleasure of mamut drive so loses in performance for audi rs 4 with the same pp. 525 and a gorgeous car.👍

xande1959
and my favorite Turkey. that is for a lot of walking pleasure of mamut drive so loses in performance for audi rs 4 with the same pp. 525 and a gorgeous car.👍

The car is nice can't argue with that.

Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) RM '97 (tunnel DRAG)

Hello my Portugal fans this tune is for you! That's right it is a Honda tunnel drag tune. If you race at Indy or some other 1/4 drag this tune will not work. It's more of a top speed tune for the tunnel on SS7. I have never seen anyone do tunnel drag especially with Honda Civic's, but go online to SS7 with the region all and you will see lot's of them. Transmission is set normally and start in gear 1. Shift at 50mph to 2 and than a little tiny bit after the redline for all the others. It has the high RPM turbo so you go faster at higher RPM's, but once you switch gears you go slightly slower since it's lower RPM. That's why I like to shift after the redline a little to get as much speed built as possible. The car can go about 195mph by itself and draft to over 200mph. My car isn't fully maxed for hp as you can see by my miles, but get 300miles on it first and the car will be much faster.

Ford Mark IV Race Car '67

On my facebook page I do contest to give away things from time to time. This time around I gave away a car/tune for whatever the winner chooses. The winner, Eric Bellwood decided he wanted the Ford Mark IV race car and was nice enough to allow everyone to enjoy the tune as well. Of course he chooses the most expensive car lol. I had already purchased this car a long time ago and it sat in my garage with 0 miles on it. I was using it like a show piece of my collection. Wasn't ever planning on driving it, but winner chooses anything so it was time to finally hit the track. I have driven the 20 million dollar Ferrari and it's insane and I was expecting this to be similar. I could not have been more wrong. This car is like a cloud driving across the heavens. It brakes perfectly, it turns perfectly, it accelerates perfectly. Absolutely blown away by it. Nothing is better than having a car this stunning to look at and having it drive just as well. Even the engine has this little rumble to it which makes driving it even more enjoyable. It wouldn't seem like it's that great since the specs are just ok, but it flys faster than the wind. I land times similar to my GTR black edition which is super impressive for a car that is almost 50 years old. It is impossible to lose control in this car. The only time I ever come close is ironically in 1st gear. That high RPM turbo in 1st with too much gas may spin the tires. It's almost like a little joke the car is playing with you just so you don't forget how powerful it is.

Hey there Shmo, im a big fan of your tunes especially the white Impreza right now. i was wondering if you could make a race and drift tune for the premium 300ZX. ive seen 2 lately and i gotta say they are beast. Send me a message on psn (EscapeTheFate22) or pm me or whatever easiest for you if you feel like doin the tune or not. i also have some pics of the ZX if you want them.

EscapeTheFate22
Hey there Shmo, im a big fan of your tunes especially the white Impreza right now. i was wondering if you could make a race and drift tune for the premium 300ZX. ive seen 2 lately and i gotta say they are beast. Send me a message on psn (EscapeTheFate22) or pm me or whatever easiest for you if you feel like doin the tune or not. i also have some pics of the ZX if you want them.

I have a drift tune for that car already.

i saw that one but wasnt sure if they were relatively the same, what about a race tune? ive been trying to tune it but when i go to turn it bogs down but turns really good

i saw that one but wasnt sure if they were relatively the same, what about a race tune? ive been trying to tune it but when i go to turn it bogs down but turns really good

I haven't tried a race tune for it yet. Got so many request right now you won't see a race tune for it for a long while.

Nissan SKYLINE GT-R R34 TC

If you have been following my tunes for a while you will notice I prefer very stiff suspension. With stiff suspension on the cars you get a lot more control and can feel the road better. However stiff suspension is not always what you want. This car here is the best example of that. It is one of the TC cars so it's already really good than I put stiffer suspension on and it became better. The person who requested this specifically wanted it for really rough tracks with lots of bumps and hills. I decided I'd try to reduce the stiffness and see how that goes. The softer the suspension is the easier it is to absorb the bumps. Best move I could of ever done. It feels weird when I drive it since it grips the bumps better rather than fly over them like I'm used to, but the times speak for themselves. I am at least 2 seconds faster everywhere I drive compared to the stiff one I did. This car in general is crazy fast too so prepare to have your mind blown. I did a 6:15 on Nurburgring and I suck at that track. That means if you are good and have more miles on the car you could probably get in the 5's. Scary fast.

Ford Mark IV Race Car '67

On my facebook page I do contest to give away things from time to time. This time around I gave away a car/tune for whatever the winner chooses. The winner, Eric Bellwood decided he wanted the Ford Mark IV race car and was nice enough to allow everyone to enjoy the tune as well. Of course he chooses the most expensive car lol. I had already purchased this car a long time ago and it sat in my garage with 0 miles on it. I was using it like a show piece of my collection. Wasn't ever planning on driving it, but winner chooses anything so it was time to finally hit the track. I have driven the 20 million dollar Ferrari and it's insane and I was expecting this to be similar. I could not have been more wrong. This car is like a cloud driving across the heavens. It brakes perfectly, it turns perfectly, it accelerates perfectly. Absolutely blown away by it. Nothing is better than having a car this stunning to look at and having it drive just as well. Even the engine has this little rumble to it which makes driving it even more enjoyable. It wouldn't seem like it's that great since the specs are just ok, but it flys faster than the wind. I land times similar to my GTR black edition which is super impressive for a car that is almost 50 years old. It is impossible to lose control in this car. The only time I ever come close is ironically in 1st gear. That high RPM turbo in 1st with too much gas may spin the tires. It's almost like a little joke the car is playing with you just so you don't forget how powerful it is.

If I ever find 20 mill, this is the first car ill choose, thanks to a raving review.

Loving the two shops man, keep it up

Nissan SKYLINE GT-R R34 TC

If you have been following my tunes for a while you will notice I prefer very stiff suspension. With stiff suspension on the cars you get a lot more control and can feel the road better. However stiff suspension is not always what you want. This car here is the best example of that. It is one of the TC cars so it's already really good than I put stiffer suspension on and it became better. The person who requested this specifically wanted it for really rough tracks with lots of bumps and hills. I decided I'd try to reduce the stiffness and see how that goes. The softer the suspension is the easier it is to absorb the bumps. Best move I could of ever done. It feels weird when I drive it since it grips the bumps better rather than fly over them like I'm used to, but the times speak for themselves. I am at least 2 seconds faster everywhere I drive compared to the stiff one I did. This car in general is crazy fast too so prepare to have your mind blown. I did a 6:15 on Nurburgring and I suck at that track. That means if you are good and have more miles on the car you could probably get in the 5's. Scary fast.

Does it include body rigidity upgrade?

ElementRacer
If I ever find 20 mill, this is the first car ill choose, thanks to a raving review.

Loving the two shops man, keep it up

Trust me this is the car to spend the cash on.

Max77
Does it include body rigidity upgrade?

No, but not sure if it will make a huge difference if you already have it installed.

Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 '70 (DRAG)

This is for 1/4 drag. I don't know about you guys, but I love this car. It looks freaking awesome and it's got the power to back it up. A true muscle car. When you pull up to the guy next to you he won't know what you're packing, but he damn sure will once you blow by him. Definitely one of the faster muscle cars out there, landing clean 10's no problem. As Travis says "Tears the heads off of other muscle cars and ****'s down there necks!".

What's interesting about this car is it can be used for manual or automatic transmission. If you are running the manual start in 2 and shift at 80mph. All the other gears shift at 6000rpm and NOT the red line.

Dodge Charger 440 R/T '70 (drag)

This is for 1/4 mile drag. The charger is a boss car and looks so badass that it needs to be drag raced. There are other muscle cars out there that may be able to beat it, but trust me this one is no chump. Launch in 2 and shift to 3 at 70mph. Shift for all gears just barely before the red line. That one line before the red line is where you wanna shift for quickest times.

I did 10.100

Cruising in the Ford Mark IV Race Car '67 and decided to make a video. I personally really like the final and would like to hear your thoughts.

i got a decent race tune for the premium 300ZX but the suspension is killing me. it just needs a bit more turning and the front bounces up a bit. ive spent 3 hours on nurb lol but if yur interested in what i got give me a reply

EscapeTheFate22
i got a decent race tune for the premium 300ZX but the suspension is killing me. it just needs a bit more turning and the front bounces up a bit. ive spent 3 hours on nurb lol but if yur interested in what i got give me a reply

I can test it out if you want.

Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71 (drag)

Right off the bat this car looks so cool. The huge black sides with the 440 cut out is just awesome. Comes in lots of crazy colors too. The car is also very fast for a GT5 muscle car drag tune. This is for 1/4 mile drag. Relatively as fast as the Dodge Challenger R/T RM which is pretty impressive since it's just a normal car. Should be able to show up the majority of people who roll up beside you. This tune is the under dog, you always see it bringing up the rear in the A-spec Classic Muscle car races. However this tune can destroy all classics even make the almighty Chevelle SS at 1/4. This is a must have drag tune that works very well as an automatic transmission as well. Can easily keep up with a lot of tuner cars as well.

Latest Posts

Back